I spy... TAS! - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I spy... TAS!

G'day zykyra
    You saw a 605 in launceston? I certainly haven't seen that one around, I'm sure I would have noticed it (but I suppose it's easy to pass them off as a 405 if I don't look close enough). Where abouts was it? I agree on the 505/504 thing - they're everywhere, along with 405s, 206/307 and maybe the odd 306. I think peugeot have a high presence here because of the constant presence of dealers. The only citroen dealer in the state is in hobart they haven't had the franchise for long, and the renault dealer in launny is only new as far as I know.

Advertisement

You're still in the state? If so, enjoy the roads, I'm back on them again after a rather unfortunate absence.
    and happy
    Andrew.
    Last edited by ajpolden; 21st November 2005 at 07:37 PM. Reason: a typo on "rather"
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Default GTi6 in Zeehan

Absolutely bizarre. I picked up my GTi6 last Saturday. Put it on the boat to Tasmania this week. Doing a student placement at the Medical Centre in way off, remote, sleepy hollow Zeehan. About 2 hours inland from Burnie. Just arrived, thought I'd go down to the general store in the car and there is a pristine, White MY00 GTi6 on NSW plates!!!!
    I've been told that there were only a couple of hundred of these magnificent machines ever sold in Oz and on the week I buy one I come across another in the back of nowhere. Then I thought, he's come this way because he's heard about the AWESOME winding mountain roads that I had just discovered!
    I hung around for ages but couldn't find anyone who owned it. I wish I'd left a note under the wiper now.
    I'll be back in Melbourne again soon and will have to rediscover the Great Ocean Road I think!

Default More pugs in Tassie!!!

Hey guys, I just wanted to jump in and say that my wife noticed a few pugs sitting on our street today in Longford. A 404 ute, a 504 wagon and a 505 sedan. I know tis because she told me that we need to sell one of them! We just moved down about 2 years ago and we moved all of our stuff on the back of the 404 that I bought in Melbourne. So there are new old pugs migrating south! Anyone have a diesel pug or citroen laying around?

Quote Originally Posted by ajpolden
    G'day zykyra
    You saw a 605 in launceston? I certainly haven't seen that one around, I'm sure I would have noticed it (but I suppose it's easy to pass them off as a 405 if I don't look close enough). Where abouts was it? I agree on the 505/504 thing - they're everywhere, along with 405s, 206/307 and maybe the odd 306. I think peugeot have a high presence here because of the constant presence of dealers. The only citroen dealer in the state is in hobart they haven't had the franchise for long, and the renault dealer in launny is only new as far as I know.

You're still in the state? If so, enjoy the roads, I'n back on them again after a rafter unfortunate absence.
    and happy
    Andrew.
    Yep, it was definetely a 605 & we saw it in turn into one of the streets above Cameron street. Nice area, heaps of big houses etc. Was driven by a young guy, about 20-25 I'd say. Not sure if it had Tas plates though? After my last post also saw a red 307CC in Scotsdale, it parked next to our 307 Hatch in the main street & there was a white 307 wagon 2 cars behind. You would never see that in WA! Also saw a new Megane CC at the airport on Friday & a 306S16 in Brisbane St on Thursday night. As always had a ball in Tas & cant wait to get back next year!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Hi all.
    I spotted a nice, well maintained white 404 in the uni car park today. Thought you may be interested - I haven't seen one before, and they certainly seem to be a rare sight at least on tasmanian roads!
    I noticed yesterday a gold 306 GTI-6 in the main car park as well. This one is quite frequently staying at the uni. Belong to anyone here? It had an RACV sticker on the windshield, didn't see an AF sticker though.
    Andrew.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Fellow Frogger!

Spotted a silver XM in the carpark of Woolies Glenorchy today around 3pm, local registration, only the second XM I have seen here in Tas. Looked tidy enough but couldn't hang around to say gday to the owner.

Also spotted in Mt Nelson, two GS sedans parked by a house near the old signal station...

See a few Berlingos down here these days and quite a few C3s as well.
    Cheers,
    Brett

Fellow Frogger!

Seen at Cadbury Schweppes, Claremont on Thursday afternoon, a blue 1974 D Special (NSW plates) and a burgundy Traction Avant.

There is a very very nice 306 Cabrio that lives in Longford, just up the road from where I park for work. Sometimes that means that there are two gorgeous cars in the one street (the GTi6 is not every day transport any more).
    Simple Simon

306 GTi6 in Tassie - what a combo

Well I went for a bit of a trip over the weekend and coming back from down south on monday arvo, saw my very first real life C4. Spotted it a mile off and i'm still gob-smacked. It looks just so amazingly different than anything else!
    Good to know there are a couple on the road down here.
    Andrew
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

There are a few 404s getting around, but not many in daily use. Mine will be soon hopefully,and there is another brown one getting around now that looks like mine. There is a really nice white one, a lovely powder blue one, and a white one with a home paint job from spray cans in matt black and bright blue. It is unmissable and in daily use. It belongs to a friend of mine. Al these are around Hobart.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Yesterday was good - C5 wagon in Evandale, C3 in Launceston, 407's everywhere (well, 2 or 3 anyway).

It's good that all you cit drivers come up from Hobart sometimes.

Who's coming up for the FCCT Christmas lunch in Longford this weekend?
    Simple Simon

Today I saw a creamy white (perhaps plain white) and red 2CV parked on york st opposite the car park just down from george st here in launny. I think I've seen this vehicle (or one very much like it) in some pictures here on this forum before, 'twas a newcomer to tassie showing off some paintings. Can't remember his name though.
    Today I think I gave a ute driver that was sitting behind me at the lights a bit of a fright when I let my foot off the brake and the rear end shot up. Keep froggy spotting folks!
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Quote Originally Posted by ajpolden
    Today I saw a creamy white (perhaps plain white) and red 2CV parked on york st opposite the car park just down from george st here in launny. I think I've seen this vehicle (or one very much like it) in some pictures here on this forum before, 'twas a newcomer to tassie showing off some paintings. Can't remember his name though.
    Are you sure it's not the 2CV that lives in or near Longford? Last year it almost stole the show at the Blessing of the Harvest, as it was transport for Kath and Kim.
    Simple Simon

mlb

Saw a sh*t hot 505 the other day. White with racing stripes. Maybe just a bit rough around the edges, but it was obvioulsy well loved as it seemed to run well and the owner probably puts more effort than he should. There was an AF sticker on the rear window, so the owner is obvioulsy well discerning and only accepts the best advice when it comes to maintaining his Pug. Certainly was a sight to behold. Love the classics.

Oh, hang on. That was my car.

Sorry not really contributing much am I. Sorry, although a friend said that in Evandale on the weekend it was like Pug central. They were everywhere apparently.
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Simon
    Are you sure it's not the 2CV that lives in or near Longford? Last year it almost stole the show at the Blessing of the Harvest, as it was transport for Kath and Kim.
    I don't know - it could very well be the same car, I didn't even know about the K&K thing!
    Saw another C4 yesterday, another 5 door variant, but in red this time!
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Saturday between Swansea and Launceston - two Mi16s and a 407.

And I didn't even get to the FCCT lunch, due to ill health. Sorry guys.
    Simple Simon

Fellow Frogger!

Took the DS23 for a run to Lake St Clair and back yesterday playing tour guide for an interstate visitor. Parked next to a light blue 2CV6 in the car park at the lake. Took a couple of photos (and stuck an AF sticker under the wipers too!)

Default Black 206

Saw an eyecatching 206 at corner of Argyle and Federal , not sure if it was a gti as i inly copped a fleeting glance going round a corner while he was at the lights. It was pretty sexy in black though it did have big 206 stickers on the sides. My wife got a bit overexcited with her waving and seemed to freak the driver out lol
    Last edited by dpcgti180; 17th December 2005 at 05:35 PM.
    05 206 GTI 180
    04 407 ST
    94 306 XT

Default Spotted FIAT REGATTA

Yes i am aware,, however it did have an Aussie Frogs sticker on the rear windshield.
    Twas on the Brooker on Xmas Day.
    05 206 GTI 180
    04 407 ST
    94 306 XT

Seen today on brisbane st, Launceston, a nice metallic red 406 coupe. Second one of these things i've seen in recent weeks, they are a beautiful car...
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Tadpole

From my desk I can see a nice looking white series 2 505 sitting at Bob Jane in Launceston waiting for a new set of rubber.

Hope they dont smash the hub caps getting them off
    Last edited by Phillip.g; 5th January 2006 at 11:42 AM.

Spotted a Silver BX19GT in Launceston today, up the hill behind City Park.

Aussiefrogs sticker in the rear window. You've been spotted!

If you see a dirty Nissan Patrol going round corners like its driver thinks its a Xantia, be sure to wave

whitegoshawk
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles... Radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." - Albert Einstein

Xantia Activa CT - Chock full of upsy-downsy goodness!

down in Hobart the other day, there was a silver Mi16 that had been badged on the rear down at the peir outside Isobar. the night before, i saw it roaring around the park thingy just near Irish Murphies.

and a green 504 near the Spirit Of Tasmania yesterday afternoon took my eye.
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

That Green 504 was mine!!!

Thats the car I sold to Wozza the camel trader!

Ben
    1988 Peugeot 505 GTI Wagon
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Quote Originally Posted by Pug_405_Mi16
    That Green 504 was mine!!!
    yeah? awesome! i only had a quick drive past, and it looked pretty good.

seen the movie Munich? there quite afew in there. ive got an urge for a 504... i want one of them.
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread Information