Accurate information required urgently!!
  • Register
  • Help

Icon12 Accurate information required urgently!!

I have been contacted by a person ( a fellow Citroen fanatic) who is also associated with the vintage and collector car movement.
    It seems the bribes (sorry lobbying they call it these days) are again flowing in an attempt to kill off cars 10 years and older and as per usual, the pressure appears to be coming from the Jap makers as it did the last time it happened.
    We have been in contact with a politician who is a bit of a renegade and who will blow the whole show in Parliament (under privelidge) providing we can get some information regarding what went on a few years ago when Mazda and Honda were reportedly the main movers of this back in the days when Hawke and Keating were in office.
    What we need is anyone with hard core information about the dates when it happened, who was the minister at the time, written articles which named the ones concerned in it and the reasons they gave for trying to force it onto us then.
    Any documented information so that we can accurately research the subject and present it in such a way that it cannot be undermined or it's credibility brought into question will be most appreciated.
    The whole idea is to try to lift the lid on it before it is presented and to do it in such a way that we can then question the motives of those who raise it. It will be done as a matter of general business and will be recorded in Hansard so that it can be referred to in the near future when they make the move.
    I ask all French Car Owners to goscratching for this info as it could impact on all of us if it gets away, because let's face it, how many of us either drive or are fans of cars made pre-1995? That may put the extent of the risk into perspective.
    If the info is a bit inflammatory, please PM me and if need be I'll give you an e-mail addy to post it to.

Alan S

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

there was also something that was started by one of the heads of the NRMA at the time as well

i'll see what i can dig up as it was pretty big news back then
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Sigh,

it'll no doubt be along the lines of "you can drive an old car for 25years before you create the pollution of making a new one ....". It'll *always* be more environmentally friendly using a car that already exists as opposed to making a new one.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    I have been contacted by a person ( a fellow Citroen fanatic) who is also associated with the vintage and collector car movement.
    It seems the bribes (sorry lobbying they call it these days) are again flowing in an attempt to kill off cars 10 years and older and as per usual, the pressure appears to be coming from the Jap makers as it did the last time it happened.
    We have been in contact with a politician who is a bit of a renegade and who will blow the whole show in Parliament (under privelidge) providing we can get some information regarding what went on a few years ago when Mazda and Honda were reportedly the main movers of this back in the days when Hawke and Keating were in office.
    What we need is anyone with hard core information about the dates when it happened, who was the minister at the time, written articles which named the ones concerned in it and the reasons they gave for trying to force it onto us then.
    Any documented information so that we can accurately research the subject and present it in such a way that it cannot be undermined or it's credibility brought into question will be most appreciated.
    The whole idea is to try to lift the lid on it before it is presented and to do it in such a way that we can then question the motives of those who raise it. It will be done as a matter of general business and will be recorded in Hansard so that it can be referred to in the near future when they make the move.
    I ask all French Car Owners to goscratching for this info as it could impact on all of us if it gets away, because let's face it, how many of us either drive or are fans of cars made pre-1995? That may put the extent of the risk into perspective.
    If the info is a bit inflammatory, please PM me and if need be I'll give you an e-mail addy to post it to.

Alan S

I vaguely recall seeing something about this in "Restored Cars" many years ago.

Good luck!!!
    95 MI16
    71 404 U10 ute
    66 404 coupe
    55 203C (gently warmed) gone... sold...

Anybody else that can help? Anybody? Anything?

It's a one off chance that I don't want to see get wasted.

Alan S

Not necessarily what you're looking for, but something that might help out:

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.asp...ANcom/HomePage

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=61604

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60131

Wish there was something like that to affect my wife...

Thanks guys.

Alister, e-mail sent.

Ray, thanks for the links.

Alan S

That setup looks very interesting Alan... don't we have a specialty vehicle equipment manufacturers' association here too?

People like that, employing thousands of staff across the country, could be an immeasureable help...

There's a bunch I touched base with a couple of years ago down in Canberra, but they seem to be more interested in pushing the barrow for politicians than confronting them on their capers which makes them at cross purposes in this case.
    More of a lobby group/gun for hire type of outfit. Didn't impress me one bit and naturally, I told them as much so I doubt I'd get too much co-operation there; not that I ever was going to.

Alan S

Thread Information