I Spy.......Qld
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... Last

Thread: I Spy.......Qld

Default Brisbane Pugs

Managed to spend my day off yesterday driving around Brisbane. I saw countless Pugs. I mean there were a million of them on the road, 306s, 206s, 307s, 405s, 504s, 505s... The list goes on. Even saw 2 205 GTis!!!

Now, did I get one wave of recognition? No! I can understand the 206s & 307s (even maybe the 306s), but the 205 GTis... That is unforgiveable. Especially as I was travelling in convoy with one of them for about 5kms. When I was behind him, ok I didn't expect anything, but when I floored it & went around him at some lights (yes I know that is shockingly bad road behaviour, but I don't claim to be completely responsible all the time - or even often), he didn't notice me, even when he came up behind me at the next set...

Anyway, I think that maybe we should start an I Spy thread for good old Bris Vegas & maybe try and encourage some other Pugs around here to notice us.

Advertisement

Next time, I think I should just try ramming him. Reckon that'd get his attention!

Ive seen a lovely Miami Blue s3 205 gti on coronation drive a number of times while out driving. Is that anyone here, cause it is probably the nicest example of a 205 ive seen
    1996 White 405 SRi mint

Industrie.. yep can get frustrating when fellow pug drivers dont acknowledge your wave or recognition.
    I find that its usually drivers of older pugs, blokes around middle age, especially if they have the same model Pug as you, that usually acknowledge you. Young males with well presented pugs will often notice you

Real old drivers dont as they are preoccupied with where they are going
    and young females never seem to see you. Probably hard for a blonde to wave when one hand has the lipstick, and the other a mobile phone

Decca
    Present --2016 2008Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast, now with A/T tyres...)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

Icon10 Moved from Pug Forum to include all Qld Froggies

Thanks Industrie, we needed a Queensland I Spy thread

As mentioned in my PM, I'm amazed at how many 505s are cruising Brisbane these days, in varying states of repair - they are proving to be a car that can't be killed hey. Squillions of 206s and 307s (don't expect a nod or wave).

And to legitimise my post, cute little 2CV (white with froggy green guards and wave stripe) this morning on Bennets road Camp Hill.

Waiting for my first C4 sighting....

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

MrV

i've seen quite a number of 405's on the road lately

if only the guy in the white one that i tailed look in his rear vision and saw he was being followed by the same car! and i wish i knew who owned the immaculate S2 Mi16 i saw in Woodridge on Sunday night....

oh and i always see a blue 206CC parked near south bank train station... belongs to someone in the building i guess

that said i got a wave from a middle aged couple in a yellow 306 convertible on the highway.. and also from a family on holiday in an 505 wagon a while ago

come on people, wave!!!
    1998 D8 Blue Peugoet 406 Coupe
    1998 D8 Gold Peugeot 406 ST - Sold!
    1994 S2 Red Peugeot 405 Sri - Croaked

I get the same treatment of no waving, here on the Far North Coast of NSW. When I got my first Pug in 1991, there were lots of waves from other Pug drivers. Now hardly anything. I reckon most Pug drivers were enthusiasts back then, being a relative rare car on the road. Now, modern Pugs are more mainstream, resulting in a lesser percentage of enthusiasts using them.
    Also, people are in such a hurry these days, you are lucky if you have the time to wave to a driver as they speed past you going the other way!
    I admit I have given up waving , due to the non-response.
    1999 Peugeot 306 Gti6 - fast, comfortable, sublime handling.

Previous :-
    206 XT ,405 SRi, 505 GTi, 505 GR, Citroen GS

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood

Cheers
    Chris
    Should be easy to spot one on tuesday night

Dave

MrV

i saw an immaculate looking white S2 405 sri while i was in traffic coming home from uni (on the M1 ) he wizzed by me in the left hand lane and i only saw him when he was past. as the traffic crept up i *almost* got up next to him to tell him what a nice car he had

but to no avail, he merged in a few cars ahead of me and i couldn't get near him ...

its a real shame cos he the spoiler & wheels i'm after nice......

i won't even mention the 307 that was near me for about 15 mins and she never gave me a glance ..... oops

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood

Cheers
    Chris

I've got an invite to the launch on Tuesday. I should really RSVP. Might already be too late.

Now, if anyone here owns the C2 which was giving me a decent run for my money on the morning of Easter Sunday (he was pushing his car to the limit, whereas I wasn't quite as prepared to drive that fast & hard in Newstead)... Or the C2 I saw a couple of months ago on Moggill Road - had a very big exhaust. I'd say there's only one of those.

Hi,

I will inform my father this thread is up and running and get them to report back with his findings. My car is pretty easy to spot being one of the only ones in brisbane in that blue. Mac next time you see my dad I'll sure he will give a nice big wave to you.

Cheers Nick
    Auckland NZ -
    2000 Peugeot 406 Coupe, Dark Green.
    2001 Renault Clio Sport RS, Silver.

Brisbane Aus -
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi, Light Blue.

MrV

citroen lovers will be pleased to know i parked right near a white CX Gti Turbo this morning!!! not far away was a renault megane too

Icon5 Series 2 CX Turbo??

Quote Originally Posted by MrV
    citroen lovers will be pleased to know i parked right near a white CX Gti Turbo this morning!!! not far away was a renault megane too

Where were you MrV?? I think I know the owner, can't be too many white CX Turbos in town.... He lives at Carbrook, so somewhere out that way??

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

Well I don't get a chance to see too many Cits up here apart from a fleet of Blingos and I doubt the drivers even know what they are driving.
    I did venture to Brisbane a few months back though and what a disappointment that was; we saw a couple of BXs a couple of CXs a DS, a 2CV, a couple of Xantias, a herd of Xsaras and a couple of C5s. I was in a BX so imagine my horror when the only waves I got were from the two C5s and a couple of Xaras and a guy in a Renault....nah, French car owners ain't wot they used to be.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

MrV

GreenBlood,

I was at the Logan Hyperdome (undercover carpark) around 9.00 am this morning......

Anyone here from Toowoomba? I learned to drive in a Citroen GS there & bought my 1st Froggie (R12 sedan). Friends of ours (lost touch since) had a fleet of GS's, a BX estate & a couple of Renaults out in Goombungee. I have many fond memories of driving from Toowoomba to Brisbane in GS Estates. Not always reliable but always fun! Always liked the drive up to Mt Tambourine as well as there always seemed to be a bevy of old Cits up that way! Cheers from WA anyway!
    Last edited by zykyra; 8th April 2005 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Spelling error!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Icon14

GreenBlood,

I was at the Logan Hyperdome (undercover carpark) around 9.00 am this morning......

yep, he was there..... well spotted

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

i've seen quite a number of 405's on the road lately

if only the guy in the white one that i tailed look in his rear vision and saw he was being followed by the same car! and i wish i knew who owned the immaculate S2 Mi16 i saw in Woodridge on Sunday night....

oh and i always see a blue 206CC parked near south bank train station... belongs to someone in the building i guess

that said i got a wave from a middle aged couple in a yellow 306 convertible on the highway.. and also from a family on holiday in an 505 wagon a while ago

come on people, wave!!!
    Any of these white 405 s youve seen happen to have NSW rego or green P's hanging off the back?
    1996 White 405 SRi mint

I see lots of 505 and 405's. There are too many 206 and 307's around Indooroopilly, they are everywhere, all young people.

Saw a very schmick 406 coupe, red, on coronation day, for the second time a week ago. Also saw a White 404 that i waved at, and got an wave back from about two weeks ago.

I don't wave at anything newer than a 504, sorry, but I have given up.

I am also kind of embarassed.............. My car looks like a war zone, inside and out.

I still have a froggy sticker, front and back though........... not much of a visable asset to the forum though.

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

MrV

Quote Originally Posted by 405dude
    Any of these white 405 s youve seen happen to have NSW rego or green P's hanging off the back?
    hmmm not that i recall... one, what age group are you? i think the guy driving looked 30's/40's... and two, were you on the M1 where it narrows to two lanes just before the gateway connection on thursday about 5.20 ish??

On a few mornings around 8am on Boundary Rd Camp Hill I have spotted a CX turbo..I can't even remember what colour it is, I'll pay more attention next time. (think it's white or silver )
    It's quite inrteresting taht at the 2 schools we are involved in with our 3 kids there are 4 505 wagons and one sedan, a couple of 406 sedans and a 405 sedan, that I have seen.
    This evening I saw a white Cit BX19 16v going on to the SE freeway at Marshall Rd on-ramp.
    Spotted this very evening in the Mc Donalds Newmarket car park,
    1 x red Alpine GTA turbo, series 1 Clio Cup, red Fuego, silver, green and red Lagunas...
    RCCQ night run
    Last edited by HONG KONG PUGGY; 9th April 2005 at 01:06 AM.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by 405dude
    Hey, do you live on the west side & visit Indro at all? I've seen a white 405 being driven by a young guy a couple of times. Once in the city & once at Indro (the next day, the same guy). He definately noticed me. Don't remember if the car had NSW rego or P's.

1000+ Posts

I think that most Froggie cars have become mainstream now and are very common thus the reason nobody much gives a wave anymore. Sad but true.
    A guy at my work for example is a reknown non car buff...he's had mostly Barina's all his time and wouldnt know one car from another...well..the other month he turned up in a brand new C3.
    An most unlikely person to buy a "one of those funny French cars "
    The point i am trying to make is now it is just not Froggie Fans buying our beloved brands but the average Joe Aussie !!

My 2c worth...JR
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Exactly.... Even with Citroen, sales are sky rocketing compared to sales a few years back... I see so many new Citroens around now... the unique feel of owning a Citroen is starting to fade away...

Average aussie joe's please stick to your foulcans and commodores....

Hey Industrie,

I see that C2 getting around abit. has the number plates 70XIN (Toxin), big exhaust.

anyhow... i see way too many pugs and renaults ot make mention. Have even seen your car Industrie down Newstead way one night.

where does everyone live specifically... i am at Kenmore. plenty of pugs,cits(newer)and rens getting around here

1000+ Posts

Noticed a nice blue 403 today (Monday 9am) driving across the William Jolly bridge - number plate "403 PEU". Nice car mate.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... Last

Thread Information