Humid +coil packs
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Humid +coil packs

My brothers Clio went to visit the workshop agai under warranty. This time the friendly man in a tow truck had to take it as it failed to progress under its own steam.

Dealer under warranry has replaced all of the coil packs, the stated reason for failure is the Humid conditions in Perth at the moment.

Advertisement

Graelin

If that's the true cause, then you would have to think they had hair cracks in them to begin with.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Fellow Frogger!

Default Alan

Yes thanks, I was kind of wondering why all my coil packs had not gone out as well!! I live only 8km away from him.

Graelin

I have a Johnson 70HP outboard that has a similar coil pack system and a few years ago we had a few running issues with it. An old outboard mechanic just took one look at it, pulled the coil pack off and resealed the many hair cracks in the epoxy with some kind of resin and we've lived happily ever after.
    To my way of thinking, any coil is a sealed arrangement and can't be affected by moisture unless the moisture's getting into the actual coil section itself. Overseas with the rain and snow it would be every car ever made in strife if just humidity/moisture made them stop.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Graelin
    My brothers Clio went to visit the workshop agai under warranty. This time the friendly man in a tow truck had to take it as it failed to progress under its own steam.

Dealer under warranry has replaced all of the coil packs, the stated reason for failure is the Humid conditions in Perth at the moment.

Graelin
    Humid conditions in Perth? Lucky the car is not over in the eastern states then! I assume it has one coil pack per cylinder. All 4 coil packs is a worry.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

Default All four coil packs

Not all four went but enough to stop it progressing it was still running but only just. RAC attended and it had to be towed to dealer.
    They say they replaced all four coil packs. Thia is a 1.4 auto so I guess that with two cylinders down doesnt leave a lot of power in reserve.

Graelin

Quote Originally Posted by Graelin
    Not all four went but enough to stop it progressing it was still running but only just. RAC attended and it had to be towed to dealer.
    They say they replaced all four coil packs. Thia is a 1.4 auto so I guess that with two cylinders down doesnt leave a lot of power in reserve.

Graelin
    Just had the same thing happen on my 02 1.4 man. Was only running on two cylinders, still drivable, shook like blender. All 4 coil packs replaced underwarranty.
    1 Month prior, TDC sensor packed it in.
    NSW.

Thread Information