looking for thread about buying tyres
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! berzerker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    123

    Default looking for thread about buying tyres

    hi everyone

    i'm looking for that post about buying new rubber for your froggy on the forum but can't locate it. can anyone direct me to it?

    if not can anyone offer me some advice in whether going wider (from 185 to 195) will affect my clio.

    i've order a set of bf goodridge from tyre king in baulkham hills for $135 each (fitted also). just wanna know if that is a reasonable amount to pay.

    i didn't have much time to do much research as i'm in a hurry to get my road worthy certificate so i can register my car in nsw from qld.

    any advice will be greatly appreciated



    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Parkes - N.S.W - Australia - Earth
    Posts
    12,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berzerker
    hi everyone

    i'm looking for that post about buying new rubber for your froggy on the forum but can't locate it. can anyone direct me to it?

    if not can anyone offer me some advice in whether going wider (from 185 to 195) will affect my clio.

    i've order a set of bf goodridge from tyre king in baulkham hills for $135 each (fitted also). just wanna know if that is a reasonable amount to pay.

    i didn't have much time to do much research as i'm in a hurry to get my road worthy certificate so i can register my car in nsw from qld.

    any advice will be greatly appreciated

    there is a tyre thread in the performance section of the forum started up by GTI124
    3 x '78 604 SL

    1 x '98 306 GTi6

    1 x secret project

    1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

    1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

    1 x 1994 605 SV3.0


    WTD long range fuel tank for 605

  3. #3
    Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Parkes - N.S.W - Australia - Earth
    Posts
    12,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berzerker
    hi everyone

    i'm looking for that post about buying new rubber for your froggy on the forum but can't locate it. can anyone direct me to it?

    if not can anyone offer me some advice in whether going wider (from 185 to 195) will affect my clio.

    i've order a set of bf goodridge from tyre king in baulkham hills for $135 each (fitted also). just wanna know if that is a reasonable amount to pay.

    i didn't have much time to do much research as i'm in a hurry to get my road worthy certificate so i can register my car in nsw from qld.

    any advice will be greatly appreciated

    actually here it is

    The 195/55R15 Tyre Thread

    fairly long read and it is based on 195 tyres but the discussion covers a wider range and makes for very good reading
    3 x '78 604 SL

    1 x '98 306 GTi6

    1 x secret project

    1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

    1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

    1 x 1994 605 SV3.0


    WTD long range fuel tank for 605

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! berzerker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    actually here it is

    The 195/55R15 Tyre Thread

    fairly long read and it is based on 195 tyres but the discussion covers a wider range and makes for very good reading
    cheers pugrambo

    that's the thread i was looking for

  5. #5
    Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Parkes - N.S.W - Australia - Earth
    Posts
    12,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berzerker
    cheers pugrambo

    that's the thread i was looking for


    too easy

    i just don't know how you are going to go going from 185's to 195's

    it's not a big difference but i am sure the answer will be in the thread as 206's run 185's but the 306's run 195's
    3 x '78 604 SL

    1 x '98 306 GTi6

    1 x secret project

    1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

    1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

    1 x 1994 605 SV3.0


    WTD long range fuel tank for 605

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! berzerker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    too easy

    i just don't know how you are going to go going from 185's to 195's

    it's not a big difference but i am sure the answer will be in the thread as 206's run 185's but the 306's run 195's
    hmm there seems to be some things that may concern me going up in size but i guess i'll just have to deal with it.

    i'm not happy that i've had to change tyres already for this silly road worthy test ...i've only done 28kays in my clio and i don't fang it that often....on the straights anyway

    but still i think my tyres are good for another 6 months yet but i think the rta are so @nal bout the conditions of the tyres.

  7. #7
    who? when? huh? GTI124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gordon, NSW
    Posts
    4,527

    Default

    Take it to a shop and they'll tell you if the tyres are legal... they'll do that on the spot...

    I'd use the OEM size. Although I'm yet to hear much feedback on RSC owners messing with the sizes, it's just something I would never do.

    BF's get a good write up and that's a good price.
    - Lincoln

    Contribute to the World Community Grid.

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! berzerker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    Take it to a shop and they'll tell you if the tyres are legal... they'll do that on the spot...

    I'd use the OEM size. Although I'm yet to hear much feedback on RSC owners messing with the sizes, it's just something I would never do.

    BF's get a good write up and that's a good price.
    well it was the mechanic that was writing up the blue slip certificate and he said the tyres failed...

    dunno if he was trying to make me buy rubber through him cause he had some quotes for new tyres for me when i returned to find out the verdict

  9. #9
    who? when? huh? GTI124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gordon, NSW
    Posts
    4,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berzerker
    well it was the mechanic that was writing up the blue slip certificate and he said the tyres failed...

    dunno if he was trying to make me buy rubber through him cause he had some quotes for new tyres for me when i returned to find out the verdict
    Tyres are illegal if you hit the ridge markers between the main circumferential grooves in the tyres... or down to the top of the triangles on the side of the tyre. But if they're gone, they're gone...
    - Lincoln

    Contribute to the World Community Grid.

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! berzerker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    Tyres are illegal if you hit the ridge markers between the main circumferential grooves in the tyres... or down to the top of the triangles on the side of the tyre. But if they're gone, they're gone...
    i'll ask the guys at tyre king what they think when they change the tyres for me...a party that is seperate from the mechanic doing the blue slip...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •