Renault Master
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Renault Master

Tadpole

Default Renault Master

Hello all, I have become an avid reader of the archives. I have 2 renault 10's, one i am in the process of bare metal restoring, the other a parts car. I have a spare renault 12 to 10 conversion flywheel and many other spares if of any interest to anyone.

Advertisement

I also have a 1987 Renault Master ex ambulance from the UK i am restoring.

I have had the master cylinder, rear slaves and both front four spot calipers resleeved for rust issues. I will put in a new clutch, thrust and spigot bearing as i have the diff/gearbox off to replace the diff carrier bearings. All four front wheel bearings were also grumbly but the originals are over $70 each so i hope someone might know of a less expensive option.

The gearbox front input shaft bearing in the bellhousing also is the clutch throwout support. It is a German FAG bearing 310 6874. Is there a good alternative to the ren dealer?

Thankyou
    regards David Pole.

Take the bearings to a place like CBC (Consolidated Bearing Co.) to see if they have equivalent bearings. They will be able to match it by either the number or the dimensions of the bearing.

Tadpole

Thanks simon

I got the diff carrier bearings for $15 ea and wheel seals for $8 each from Associated world bearings (Coventry's group) in Welshpool.

The wheel bearings have a lip on the inner race. These are $70 ea from europe but he can do the same bearing with a standard width inner race off the shelf for perhaps $30. Is it critical that these bearings have a lip? The inner race runs on the wheel hub and there are two side by side. Nothing seems to suggest that the bearings perform any other duties than position the hub and guide the drive shaft etc.

Ta dpole

Thread Information