Renault Coupe Cabriolet Vs Peugeot 307CC
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault Coupe Cabriolet Vs Peugeot 307CC

Well which one would you go for? The issue with the Renault Cabriolet is the glass retractable roof, in the aussie sun, you would definitely fry under that.

Advertisement

Also performance wise, the Peugeot 307 by a mile? This is for a friend of mine who is trying to decide, she likes the driving performance of the Peugeot 307 CC, whilst prefering the design/style of the Renault Coupe Cabriolet.

A very hard choice...

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Well which one would you go for? The issue with the Renault Cabriolet is the glass retractable roof, in the aussie sun, you would definitely fry under that.

Also performance wise, the Peugeot 307 by a mile? This is for a friend of mine who is trying to decide, she likes the driving performance of the Peugeot 307 CC, whilst prefering the design/style of the Renault Coupe Cabriolet.

A very hard choice...

tell her to find a friendly bank manager and get one of each

as nice as the CC's are we are just in the wrong country for them with the hot sun we have here

same goes for having a sunroof and even though we have one in the 604 it only gets opened up after dark
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Default Clarification

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....can everyone sit in the Megane cc with the roof up and experience it before stating that the glass roof has a temperature issue!

The glass was specially designed to block out 97 96 of the suns' rays and is really no hotter than a conventional roof. It was tested in South Africa prior to comming here to ensure it could cope with desert type conditions.

YOU WILL NOT FRY AT ALL!!!

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Haha,

You want people to offer an opinion based on personal experience? This is AF remember

I drove around Europe for a month in a glass-roofed 307 HDi SW and it was fantastic. I thought it was great, especially when you're touring around in a picturesque environment. It has a rather dark tint to it, and fitted to a car with climate control air-conditioning. I don't see a problem with them in this country at all, but sadly lots of people do - and therefore we don't get them.

Thankfully the 407 Touring is coming with the glass roof (as far as I'm aware).
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

I'd take the Megane. I think it looks quite neat and from what I know AND EXPERIENCED of 307s I definately wouldn't be spending my hard earned on one.

Yes, and that decision would be based on not sitting or driving or knowing much about the Megane at all!
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Personally, I think the Megane looks nicer than the 307 CC (unlike the Megane hatch compared to the 307 hatch) but I haven't driven either so I won't comment on the performance side of things
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Drove past a Megane CC yesterday, first I'd ever seen, and I'd have to say that I thought that it looked better than the 307CC -- which is saying something, because I think the 307CC is a v tasty proposition (lurv those tail-lights!) ... no idea about comparative prices, though -- I'm sure that'd just spoil everything ...
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

1000+ Posts

If your interested, I'm sure there was a Wheels comparo of these two recently. If you can find out what month it was I'll post it up for you.

As for performance, its pretty much a no go for both. While the 180 engine seems good on paper, due to its peaky performance and lardy heft its still slow as all hell, according to Wheels. If your friend feels otherwise, thats all good though.

Sales wise, the 307cc (62) outsold Megane cab (41) last month, so not much in it there either! I reckon the Megane looks better, and neither are even remotely performance cars... so what counts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Megane looks better, and neither are even remotely performance cars.
    Sounds about right ...
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

XTC

The 307CC looks different in different colours ... The Aluminium, Aegean Blue and Obsidian Black looks hot IMHO... but in Aden Red, Mulberry, and the other Greys it doesn't work as well.

The Glass roof of the Megane .. well you'll have a hard time convincing WA'ers it's not going to be a problem, just the glare alone and the fact you can't EVER get out of the light during the day, even if you wanted too, will be an issue. At night it'd be very very cool .. although I'd have to try it out, even then the high intensity lights they use on freeways these days will mean the "flicker" effects (as it cuts between the windscreen and the glass roof) may cause people some discomfort. Love to take one for a spin, but the couple that have been sold here, never really made the showroom floor, delivered direct to the customers. Doubt we'll even see a demo considering the small sales base here.

The shapes are more similar (from a side profile) then I'd first thought ... as for the front, you can't mistake a Renault.

- xTc -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renault Coupe Cabriolet Vs Peugeot 307CC-ccs.jpg  

Go sit in the megane cc and look at the retractable blind for the roof.
    Cheap and hard to use one handed.

The interior of the 307CC looks better finished and more stylish.

When will the 307CC get the 2.2L engine from the 407?

I think it's horses for courses. I like both of them depending on which aesthetic angle you look at them. Both are cruisers not performance vehicles and were designed to serve the convertible market, so will perfrom adequately in their intended function. Similarly SAAB convertibles are in similar vein. M3 convertible is a whole new story however!!
    Like most people I use the Sunroof only at night (Moonroof?)
    2007 VW Jetta 2.0 TDi 6sp manual

2001 VW Bora 4-Motion - flooded away
    1998 Peugeot 406 SV manual - Gone to Hail Heaven
    1994 Silver S16 - Gone
    1983 505 Sti - Gone to good home

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Atan
    Similarly SAAB convertibles are in similar vein.
    The SAAB is way ahead in style and quality (and engine choice), but they are also way ahead in price $$$$ as well. Not to mention they are soft-tops.

Be interesting when the VW-CC hits the market (based on a golf) what the reaction is. Don't think we'll see a Ford Vignale here anytime soon, but nice to see Phord got Pininfarina involved.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

having seen both the meganecc, and the 307cc in the flesh i have to say i'd take the 307cc, i personally like the chunkier look of the 307cc, that said, i wouldn't take anything but the 307 sport.

much must be said though about the fact that you can get an audi TT for only $10k more, especially if you're primary use is as a coupe
    Last edited by orestes; 28th February 2005 at 02:19 PM.

I like the Vignale Good to see Pinanfarina back in the mainstream again.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Thread Information