Car Spotting Mercedes Maybach..ughhh
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Car Spotting Mercedes Maybach..ughhh

Couldnt quiet belive I saw this last night driving over the harbour bridge....a black and silver Maybach. MAn, that thing is HUUUGE. The only thing bigger is it's ugliness. After the recent discussions on AF about big cars being big wasters of rescources...this has to be up there. Basically, it looks like a late 90's hyundai sonata on steroids. I cant imagine who the overly wealthy person (sucker) is.

Advertisement

XTC

There is at least 2 here I've seen (WA) .... like a whale on wheels. (with curtains in the rear window too ... woohooo )

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by mmm...CORNERS
    Couldnt quiet belive I saw this last night driving over the harbour bridge....a black and silver Maybach. I cant imagine who the overly wealthy person (sucker) is.
    Ill have you keep your coments to your self, commoner. - Chris
    ... ptui!

many apologies sir, polish your shoes 'govner........

Now I know why you needed a projector.......to watch movies in the back seat

Saw a Bentley Coupe the other day near Albert Park, it was huge too, like a big bug but in a really really expensive way, not as much as a $1 million ask for a Maybach though and I don't think they fly you out to the factory for a personalised fitting either.....pass the Dom Perignon
    2007 VW Jetta 2.0 TDi 6sp manual

2001 VW Bora 4-Motion - flooded away
    1998 Peugeot 406 SV manual - Gone to Hail Heaven
    1994 Silver S16 - Gone
    1983 505 Sti - Gone to good home

1000+ Posts

Couldnt quiet belive I saw this last night driving over the harbour bridge....a black and silver Maybach. MAn, that thing is HUUUGE. The only thing bigger is it's ugliness. After the recent discussions on AF about big cars being big wasters of rescources...this has to be up there. Basically, it looks like a late 90's hyundai sonata on steroids. I cant imagine who the overly wealthy person (sucker) is.
    Your 100% sure it was two-tone?

On a mercedes benz forum I frequent... There was a maybach owner from Sydney there (the first Australian to take delivery). But he has not posted in months. I read somewhere that a Maybach owner had died in Sydney, we are not sure if it was him... Someone suggested ringing Sandersons in Sydney to ask, but hmm.

And yes, like most Maybach/Phantom owners, he already had about 8 other cars.

The fella who own one of the Maybach in Sydney, brought it as a present to himself knowing he had an incurable sickness. U see u cant take all your money to the grave, so u may as well spent them all.
    By the way u can get one of those opentop Bentley (or anyother in guess) with your name engraved on the side step of the door.

Maybach and Bentley targets the ultra rich Billionaires as clients and know that they all have 5 to 10 car garages or more! . The Bentley Continetal GT was the model that I saw the other day and it a deadly fast for 2 plus tons.
    Wow! Having your name engraved on the side steps must be a top marketing idea by their think tank. So if I am superstitious I'll be stepping on myself everytime I climb into the car...good feng Shu'i I think not! Don't ofrget the other million dollar baby....Rolls-Royce (oops BMW) Phantom

1994 Silver S16 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Your 100% sure it was two-tone?

On a mercedes benz forum I frequent... There was a maybach owner from Sydney there (the first Australian to take delivery). But he has not posted in months. I read somewhere that a Maybach owner had died in Sydney, we are not sure if it was him... Someone suggested ringing Sandersons in Sydney to ask, but hmm.

And yes, like most Maybach/Phantom owners, he already had about 8 other cars.
    The owner of the first Maybach delivered in Australia bought a '57', until the larger '62' became available. (The model names innovatively (!) describe the number of rear seat leg-room inches.)

The owner apparently passed away just before the second one was delivered (which ended up being too long for his inner city lock-up!).

The 57 was delivered via motorcade, first a couple of A Classes, then some C's, then E's, then S's, finally the Maybach. Last I heard was that the family were trying to offload the 62.

I saw the new Rolls-Royce Phantom last weekend... its absolutely massive but I reckon it looks dignified and elegant (if not quite beautiful like the old Silver Clouds or Phantom IV/V/VI).
    If I had $1m to spend on a car, I'd definately have one of those (in Claret over Embassy Black)!
    The Maybach to me looks like an overfed S-Class with some Hyundai Grandeur genes.
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

I'd prefer people to buy one of these over a Landcruiser.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

I was actually reading a review of the RR Phantom last night and they have some amazing features like powered coach/suicide doors so milady doesn't need to lean over to open or close the doors, and a special brolly stand for the RR umbrellas in each door corner and so forth. The reviewer reckons that travelling at 70mph is as quiet as 20mph with the huge 20 inch wheels gently soaking up the bumps with the air suspension. The Silver Lady also disappears at the touch of a button to discourage collectors. I like the older Silver Spirit interiors, very classy and retro

1994 Silver S16 - Gone

many apologies sir, polish your shoes 'govner........

Now I know why you needed a projector.......to watch movies in the back seat
    ..no. I need up to date HANG SENG, ASX & WALLST figures, and I need to see them clearly. My porfolio is extremely market sensetive. - Chris

ps... what a wank.
    ... ptui!

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    I'd prefer people to buy one of these over a Landcruiser.
    I dont know....at least a landcruiser can do things a car can't (in the right hands.....not Mum or dad dropping the kiddies at school)
    After all, how quiet and comfortable do cars need to be? Maybe in europe where you can travel between countries at high speed, you can almost see the point. But in Aus???? You could possibly fly all over the country every day for your whole life and probably have change left over for a C - class.
    But I guess when you have too much money, not enough self confidence and no desire to help anyone but yourself, you can happily purchase whatever you want. Best of all, you won't be able to here people laughing in the hush of your well insulated Maybach cabbin. BTW....I'm not talking about you personally Linc

PS....I'd buy the RR Phantom........

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pajamas
    The owner of the first Maybach delivered in Australia bought a '57', until the larger '62' became available. (The model names innovatively (!) describe the number of rear seat leg-room inches.)

The owner apparently passed away just before the second one was delivered (which ended up being too long for his inner city lock-up!).

The 57 was delivered via motorcade, first a couple of A Classes, then some C's, then E's, then S's, finally the Maybach. Last I heard was that the family were trying to offload the 62.
    Your quite sure of this? He claimed to have a 62 from the word go. I hope we are thinking of different people!

Other cars included in his profile:
    00 MB S500 (in Hong Kong)
    03 MB CLK500
    03 MB CL600
    04 Range Rover Vogue
    04 BMW 760Li
    04 Gallardo

He recalled that his father owned an original Maybach in the '20s (?). So he must have been getting on in years. When asked about the Maybach's driving experience, he said more about what his driver had relayed to him than anything else. Also would make sense if he was ill.

He never did provide photos, which some view as essential on MB forums given the constant stream of dreamers that appear. Some claimed he was such an imposter, leading to a 105 post argument with 5200 views. I think he told the truth.

Anyway, thanks for the sad news.

I dont know....at least a landcruiser can do things a car can't (in the right hands.....not Mum or dad dropping the kiddies at school)
    After all, how quiet and comfortable do cars need to be? Maybe in europe where you can travel between countries at high speed, you can almost see the point. But in Aus???? You could possibly fly all over the country every day for your whole life and probably have change left over for a C - class.
    But I guess when you have too much money, not enough self confidence and no desire to help anyone but yourself, you can happily purchase whatever you want. Best of all, you won't be able to here people laughing in the hush of your well insulated Maybach cabbin. BTW....I'm not talking about you personally Linc

PS....I'd buy the RR Phantom........
    Ahhhhh my humour was lost... refer to Wheels COTY thread. Here I was thinking that I was being funny...

So areyou saying I'm lacking in self confidence, are ya? are ya? I'll give you self confidence!!!!
    - Lincoln

hmmmm, sorry, only could skim that thread...all the talk about P76's .......didn't know they were that close to peoples hearts...sheeeeesh, cant people get over that Aus can build a decent car. As far as I can tell the territory is a better falcon than the falcon, just replace the big heavy straight 6 with a V6 or a 2.4 ltr turbo diesel and build it out of alloy........ooops sidetracked!!

Yeap I seen a Maybach goin' around last week at where i work - Sydney CBD driving past MYERS @ Market Street. I'm quite sure it was two-tone black and something, reminds me of a herse.
    David

1999 China Blue 206 GTi
    2001 MY02 Subaru Liberty RX

http://community.webshots.com/user/choiboi29

hmmmm, sorry, only could skim that thread...all the talk about P76's .......didn't know they were that close to peoples hearts...sheeeeesh, cant people get over that Aus can build a decent car. As far as I can tell the territory is a better falcon than the falcon, just replace the big heavy straight 6 with a V6 or a 2.4 ltr turbo diesel and build it out of alloy........ooops sidetracked!!
    I'll take the tangent... the inline six in the Falcon is pretty damn advanced now. Sure it's big, but it's got a heap of torque and is pretty refined now. I'd much prefer it to a V6 which lacks the bottom end...
    - Lincoln

Ants

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Your quite sure of this? He claimed to have a 62 from the word go. I hope we are thinking of different people!

Other cars included in his profile:
    00 MB S500 (in Hong Kong)
    03 MB CLK500
    03 MB CL600
    04 Range Rover Vogue
    04 BMW 760Li
    04 Gallardo

He recalled that his father owned an original Maybach in the '20s (?). So he must have been getting on in years. When asked about the Maybach's driving experience, he said more about what his driver had relayed to him than anything else. Also would make sense if he was ill.

He never did provide photos, which some view as essential on MB forums given the constant stream of dreamers that appear. Some claimed he was such an imposter, leading to a 105 post argument with 5200 views. I think he told the truth.

Anyway, thanks for the sad news.
    which forum is this?

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ants
    which forum is this?
    Just cos I like your avatar: mbworld.org

Icon2

Yeah nice avatar almost as good as mine....

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    I'll take the tangent... the inline six in the Falcon is pretty damn advanced now. Sure it's big, but it's got a heap of torque and is pretty refined now. I'd much prefer it to a V6 which lacks the bottom end...
    I was talking in overall weight and size, but I do agree that a straight six can be a brilliant engine. Sometimes you cant beat capicity. Actually, I dont really know how much a 4.0 ltr six weighs compared to a say a 3.5 ltr V6... I wonder how what weight and size differences ther are between a 3.2 6 from BMW and the falcon 6..anyone know??
    And to extend the tangent further...wasnt the Territory originally ddesigned to be a replacement for the falcon wagon? Smart move I think as the Falcon wagons always appear to be half-hearted efforts.

Just in case anyone here is in the market....................

http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/usedca...8/vehicle.html
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    Just in case anyone here is in the market....................
    It's not in the Quokka !!!

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information