An air/con parts source at last!!
  • Register
  • Help

Default An air/con parts source at last!!

As a lot of the regulars know, I'm a former fridge and air/con mechanic and often when we get members with problems with air cons they get quoted some outlandish prices.
    Last week or two I've been sorting a few family cars out in conjunction with one of my sons and in the process the need arose to have to get bits and pieces.
    We've managed to source (off the shelf) T/X valves, neoprene "O" rings and receiver dryers all at pretty competitive prices.(BX receiver dryer $60) T/X for a Mitsu Lancer $54 and "O" rings around $3 for a pack of 20.
    Can't say about condensors, evaporators or compressors, but as this company was involved in manufacturing coils a few years ago & seeing as the stock these other items, chances are they would either have them or at worst, could get them.
    Now common sense would say that we got these at an air/con supply joint in the "Big smoke" or at "mates rates" from contacts in teh trade....no sir, just wandered into Repco and asked and out they came. We were pointed at them by friends in the motor trade who seemed surprised we didn't know they stocked all this stuff, so even if you don't intend doing any air/con work yourself, you can sure keep the bastards honest who are quoting the way out prices by offering to supply the parts.

Alan S

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts

In Melbourne it's Melbourne Auto Air in Box Hill.
    Just bought two receiver/dryers for R19 at $44.75 each
    JoBo

Tadpole

In Brisbane you could also try Car Air Systems on 3252 9050. This is Melbourne Auto Air's QLD branch.

(I used to work there, I no longer have ties to the company. Just trying to help)

Cheers
    Dave.

Any and all suggestions gratefully accepted, after all, how many people like paying $1200 for a $500 compressor?..................and that's what's been happening.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts

Good one Alan, thanks for that. I've got my aircon to do one day, but it probably won't be this summer at this rate! Good to know that parts are interchangeable.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Icon14 Competitive prices on Compressors.

I found this place after a search, JMAuto Air. I emailled them for a price for a compressor for the Saab. Very reasonable.

I was surprised. Only $360, plus $15 freight.

Hope this helps someone.
    Chris.

link...http://www.jmautoair.com.au/index.html
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Thread Information