Insurance Stats
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Insurance Stats

Default Insurance Stats

just saw this on news.com.au - Seems us Peugeot drivers are up there for making vandalism insurance claims!

All I can say is that at least we don't drive a Hyundai - The nations most stolen car!

DRIVERS of luxury European cars were most likely to have been involved in a car crash in the past year, while those who drove cheaper cars managed to avoid regular prangs, a study has found.

The analysis of 46,000 motor insurance claims by insurance company GIO found that those who preferred luxury, imported cars were more accident prone in 2004 than those who drove the more popular Toyotas, Holdens and Fords. Land Rover and Audi drivers were at the top of the list of those most likely to make an insurance claim for crashing into other cars, followed by Honda, Jeep and Volkswagen drivers.

According to GIO's motor insurance general manager Daniel Fogarty, the study also showed that drivers of luxury, imported vehicles had more single car accidents than other drivers last year.

Advertisement:
    <!-- AdSpace site=news&section=breakingnews&tab=national&adsize =300x250&pagepos=1--><script language=\"JavaScript1.1\" src="http://adserver.news.com.au/js.ng/site=news&section=breakingnews&tab=national&adsize =300x250&pagepos=1"></script><noscript>http://&#91;img]http://adserver.news.com...os=1&#91;/img]</noscript><!-- /AdSpace -->
    "Land Rover and Audi also topped the list of those who had the most single car collisions like running into trees, fences or poles," he said.

"Mercedes Benz, Subaru and BMW drivers made up the remainder of the list of the top five most prone to crashing into stationary objects in 2004."

Mr Fogarty said Kia and Daihatsu drivers were the state's best drivers, making the least accident car claims in the past 12 months.

Advertisement

He said the GIO study also found that luxury car drivers were more likely to be the victims of vandals, with Audi branded cars the most frequently targeted.

"GIO also analysed the group's car theft data for 2004 and found that interestingly while Audi drivers came second in the bad driving stakes and claimed most often for vandalism, they were the least likely to make a claim for car theft.

"Hyundai drivers were the most likely to claim for car theft and Jeeps were the second most popular cars among NSW thieves, followed by BMWs, Fords and Mitsubishis."

Top five makes of cars whose drivers claimed most frequently for at-fault multi-vehicle accidents in NSW in 2004:

1. Land Rover
    2. Audi
    3. Honda
    4. Jeep
    5. Volkswagen

Top five makes of cars whose drivers claimed most frequently for single vehicle collisions in NSW in 2004:

1. Audi
    2. Land Rover
    3. Mercedes Benz
    4. Subaru
    5. BMW

Top five makes of cars whose drivers claimed most frequently for theft in 2004:

1. Hyundai
    2. Jeep
    3. BMW
    4. Ford
    5. Honda

Top five makes of cars whose drivers claimed most frequently for vandalism in 2004:

1. Audi
    2. Peugeot
    3. Mercedes Benz
    4. BMW
    5. Volvo

Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Audi drivers
    Last edited by Uga Boga; 6th February 2005 at 10:45 PM.

I suppose if you see an Audi looming in your rear view mirror you'd be best to get out of the way.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

In previous studies from AAMI, the Golf had the most number of at fault accidents. I contributed to that stat

Interesting to see Peugeot there in #2 for vandalism. Again, I've contributed to that stat
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124

Interesting to see Peugeot there in #2 for vandalism. Again, I've contributed to that stat
    Could this be considered a confession ?

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    me too
    Blood Orange 2006 Renault Megane Sport Cup
    Silver 1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    Green 1973 Alfa Romeo 105 GTV 2000

Quote Originally Posted by scrumhead
    Could this be considered a confession ?
    Yeah, a confession that I've had my Pug vandalised.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Thread Information