PSA joint ventures
  • Register
  • Help

Default PSA joint ventures

The Citroen Australia site has a couple of (brief) but interesting news items relating to joint ventures:

Some details on the new 1.6 litre petrol engines being developed with BMW, and

An announcement that they are negotiating with Mitsubishi the development of an 'all-new SUV' (awful expression ).

I was interested to read about the new engines; sounds like they are turbocharged in the interest of efficiency rather than outright performance; I guess from 2006 they will be in the C4, C3 etc (as well as the new 'Mini')

Although it is a clear omission from their current range anyway, I imagine that an 'SUV' is something PSA would want if they were to return to North America

http://www.citroen.com.au/cms/defaul...t=desc&limit=0

well....I found it interesting....

Advertisement
    Time Flies like an arrow. Fruit Flies like a banana
    Xantia

1000+ Posts

So did I, thanks for the link!

The engine venture with BMW will be used to replace the current MINI engine(I think later this year). BMW aint all that happy at being lumbered with a Chrysler engine & is reportedly concerned about reliability.

Mitsubishi in deal with Peugeot Citroen

Scandal-tainted Mitsubishi Motors Corp said Friday it has signed a memorandum of understanding with PSA Peugeot Citroen of France for a partnership on all-new sport-utility vehicles.

The agreement envisions the annual production in Japan of 30,000 vehicles for Peugeot Citroen's needs, based on a Mitsubishi Motors platform currently under development, the automaker said.

The tie-up is a major pillar of the fresh revival plan Mitsubishi Motors, reeling from a string of defect cover-ups, unveiled last week along with increased supplies of mini-vehicles to Nissan Motor Co.

These SUVs, to be launched in European markets in June 2007, will have specific designs for Peugeot and Citroen brands and will be equipped with the latest generation Peugeot Citroen's diesel engines with particulate filters.

The partnership is expected to expand the ranges of Peugeot Citroen's two brands - Peugeot and Citroen - and raise Mitsubishi Motors' capacity utilisation rates and improve productivity.

A final agreement is due to be completed by spring this year.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Business/...?oneclick=true

"Scandal-tainted Mitsubishi Motors Corp said Friday it has signed a memorandum of understanding with PSA Peugeot Citroen of France for a partnership on all-new sport-utility vehicles."

All-new SUVs... yeah, just what the world needs right now
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles... Radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." - Albert Einstein

Xantia Activa CT - Chock full of upsy-downsy goodness!

Mmmmm....anyone for a Mitsubishi Peugero???
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

All-new SUVs... yeah, just what the world needs right now
    Yes - how tragic. Has the world gone mad?

I wouldn't have thought the world needed any more 4WD beasts...but Wheels magazine clearly do.

30,000 per year in total doesn't sound like a small, clever, high volume vehicle though...
    Time Flies like an arrow. Fruit Flies like a banana
    Xantia

Thread Information