transporting an unregisterd car from New South Wales
  • Register
  • Help

Default transporting an unregisterd car from New South Wales

I am thinking of buying a car that is currently unregistered in New South Wales, as a project car. The problem is however as already stated that it is unregistered and in New South Wales.

Advertisement

Does anyone know of any reputable companies that will transport a car from New South Wales to Queensland at a reasonable price, and without damaging the car? Any help with names of companies and a rough idea on price would be much appreciated.

Where is it? Where is it going?

I believe this can be readily arranged if you get word in in time...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Where is it? Where is it going?

I believe this can be readily arranged if you get word in in time...
    i'm looking at a car in sydney, and its not a frenchie , i would like it to go to the sunshine coast allthough i could probably arange something from brisbane.

it's nothing certain as of yet, just contemplating the costs
    Last edited by orestes; 29th January 2005 at 07:06 PM.

If the car is roadworthy (pinkslip inspection is required?) you can get a permit to drive to a given destination in NSW, the border in you case. Then do the rego at the border in QLD and then drive home.

I have done this a couple of times, best to have someone following another car with tools\spares if you think the car might be dodgy.

Incorrect... you can actually drive it all the way... there is a seven day limit, and they want to know what route you are taking, but it's only that and the inspection and some money.

orestes... if you want it taken with our load, it will cost you less. But Brisbane north will be it. Just let us know... but where in Sydney?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Incorrect... you can actually drive it all the way... there is a seven day limit, and they want to know what route you are taking, but it's only that and the inspection and some money.

orestes... if you want it taken with our load, it will cost you less. But Brisbane north will be it. Just let us know... but where in Sydney?
    it's an early model X1/9 i'm watching on ebay thatís due to sell tomorrow if it goes for a reasonable price, that i am willing to pay i'll let you know. I haven't as yet got his adress

As i said i am uncertain as of whether I will buy it (cost factors) and getting it from my brotherís place in Brisbane would be another thing as well, as ir needs a bit of work to get a pink slip.

Quote Originally Posted by 750sport
    If the car is roadworthy (pinkslip inspection is required?) you can get a permit to drive to a given destination in NSW, the border in you case. Then do the rego at the border in QLD and then drive home.

I have done this a couple of times, best to have someone following another car with tools\spares if you think the car might be dodgy.
    The car is drivable, but i'm not sure if it would get a pink slip, it needs a little bit of rust fixed, a ball joint replaced, and 4 tyres with road worthy tred on them.

over all it's not a bad car, and it does have minimal rust for an early X1/9, if i do buy it i will let ray know
    Last edited by orestes; 30th January 2005 at 03:40 PM.

UFO

Icon10

Shouldn't that be "has minimal X1/9 for all that rust?"
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    Shouldn't that be "has minimal X1/9 for all that rust?"
    actually, the only rust in the car is under the windscreen, and being a near 30 year old car thats pretty good

Cool... just let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    actually, the only rust in the car is under the windscreen, and being a near 30 year old car thats pretty good
    The big question though... is it an auto??
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

Quote Originally Posted by enthused!
    The big question though... is it an auto??
    you think that i can only drive automatics

Thread Information