Peugeot Parts from Thailand and China
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot Parts from Thailand and China

Has anyone bought parts from Thailand or China?
    When I was in China about 5 years ago I saw lots of Pugs 504/5s and saw palnt making Pugs and others making MB and VW.

Advertisement
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Default Chinese peugeot

It sounds like a good idea to try to get some parts from there. There would almost certainly be a Chinese person in Australia that would know someone in China who could organise parts. One would need to check quality and such though.
    Go for it!

Default Don't tell the Chinese

I suggest that the Chinese, crafty buggers that they are, probabley recycle harder than the Arabs, if we were to let them know that there were Peugeot parts in Australia they'd be shipping them out by the boat load. That's out, back to China. Just a thought!

ed ge

Peugeots are built in China and there a manufacturers of parts for many European cars such as Benz, VW, Audi. I was just wondering if anybody had imported from Thailand or China.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Default Thai Peugeot

I have spent a lot of time in Thailand over the past 10 years. I have come to love the country, and I will be leaving on the 30/3/2005 to spend 12 months there. I have seen lots of Peugeots driving around so I am sure that there would be a spare parts market its a matter to getting to know some owners and that should lead you to the source.I plan to do just that. I hope that there is a Peugeot club. I know that Vietnam and Cambodia have many french cars from the days of french colonialism.Bangkok has some well restored older cars Zephers Humbers Holdens not to mention older motor bikes.
    I will do some research and keep in touch over the next 12 months.
    LuLu

WLB

I lived in Singapore and travelled throughout the region in the mid to late 70s. I brought back GS parts when I returned home in 1980, and arranged other bits, such as a new diff from KL, later on.

You need to make sure you distinguish between genuine parts made under licence or by the original manufacture in an Asian plant, and non-geniune copies.

Non-geniune or cheap copies can be just as good, or complete rubbish. Depends on what you're buying. Copies of mechanical parts may be good, satisfactory or dangerous. Things like lights and lenses may look okay but fade or crack in our harsh sunlight. Other parts like grilles may be technically of a lower quality, but you would never know and it doesn't matter anyway.

Warwick.

Tadpole

Icon5 505 parts: What about Egypt?

Just adding to the conversation, I understand that they still make 505s in Egypt. I assume this is under licence from Peugeot, so would this be a good source of 'genuine' parts? What about importing whole cars... cheap?

cheers,
    Brownie

Default Thai Pugs

Would anyone know if there is a Peugeot club or similar in south east asia? I remember reading somewhere of a Japanese Peugeot club. I may try and find a peugeot dealer in Bangkok if one exists. I would love to find if parts are available for 405s like brake parts and other parts that have limited life. Shipping from Thailand is very reasonable with a few companies very keen for your Baht.
    cheers LuLu

HI,
    This is Peugeot Club site in Bangkok.
    You may be able to use Bablefish or Google but you can probably e-mail in English and get reply

http://www.vlovepeugeot.com/
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1972 VW Kombi

Harold Ganeen.

Thread Information