AUSSIEFROGS...in magazine...
  • Register
  • Help

Default AUSSIEFROGS...in magazine...

This was quite cool....and incidental.....I was visiting somebody special at a hospital recently and while waiting (surgery)....I went out and bought a copy of the AUSTRALIAN CLASSIC CAR magazine....the february issue.....

Advertisement

Page 40 carries a story on the famous/revolutionary RENAULT 16.....A great read and very informative...it goes on for five pages...with some cool pics....
    The proud owner, John Waterhouse, that is pictured with his 16 is clearly not just proud to be a16 owner but an AUSSIEFROGGER.....He s wearing the AF T shirt....

Page 45 (bottom right corner) there is a little hint re:INTERNET SITES ie further info....i quote: "There are quite a few internet sites devoted to the R16. A good starting point is http://r16site.com/. A general discussion group for FRENCH cars in Australia can be found at http://aussiefrogs.com/."

I thought this was damn cool and very good exposure......

I also think,....

JOHN WATERHOUSE deserves a pat on the shoulder (if not a bloody solid handshake and a beer) for showing his support for AF and for being a great model for other french car enthusiaist....

Anyway...sorry if this has already been mentioned...but if not I thought it definitely deserved to be......

well done John.....and a very nice looking 16...

cheers

dino

This has been mentioned in this thread as well for those that don't get to the Renault forum.

Australia's New Idol.

Troy.

cool....

Admitedly...I dont visit the renault section as often...but do remeber seeing the
    :"austalias NEw IDOL" thread title......and since I assumed it had something to do with the TV show,.....I didn t pay enough attention.....
    So sorry for the repeat,...nevertheless...such a conquest IS worthy (imo) of mention on the general forum.....So again....congrats JW.....

cheers

dino

Quote Originally Posted by dino

cool....

Admitedly...I dont visit the renault section as often...but do remeber seeing the
    :"austalias NEw IDOL" thread title......and since I assumed it had something to do with the TV show,.....I didn t pay enough attention.....
    Thats what I also thought and the time, and despite hating the show I was still compelled to look at the thread ("Who is this new Idol???"), much like people are compelled to look at the aftermath of a car accident. I was relieve not to find any reality tv wreckage.

Troy.

Default AussieFrogs.. in magazine

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    Thats what I also thought and the time, and despite hating the show I was still compelled to look at the thread ("Who is this new Idol???"), much like people are compelled to look at the aftermath of a car accident. I was relieve not to find any reality tv wreckage.

Troy.
    Oh dear! Subtlety along with irony and cynicism once again make good their escape!

Thread Information