1985 Peugeot SR 505 Wagon
  • Register
  • Help

Default 1985 Peugeot SR 505 Wagon

Any suggestion on price for above model

Straight body, no rust or apparent bog, 360,000ks. Log books for early life and someone must have looked after it.
    Tear in drivers seat, (7 seater) Paint OK, near new radiator and exhaust system, near new tyres.
    No smoke , starts ok and no rattles on start up or after run.

Bit out of date on Pug prices.

Advertisement

Warren

Assuming a late SI in very good nick, dispite big Ks.
    $3-5K.
    As always, check Glasses giude or similar, for book price and get a second opinion from a Pug aware mechanic.

505- a sound choice.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Default Realistic Price

Hi Warren,
    Good choice. I have owned 2 505 wagons, a 1984 SR Wagon, and a 1990 GR SII.{current...Private import job, form HongKong}
    When we purchased our first 505 7+ years ago, we parted with $8k. I would only be looking at paying over $4,000 if you are confident you won't have to pay too much for major repairs in the near future. It is possible to find good SII OHC engined wagons for around $5-6k, and they are available in manual also, where as I am fairly sure the SI isn't.
    Main things to check would be rear brakes, and handbrake operation because they tend to seize, jack the rear of the car up, (both sides at once) and apply the hand-brake to see if it's operation is balanced or close to balanced.
    N.B. If a 505 wagon has well sorted brakes, the effectivness if the brakes can only be described as exceptional.(like you can't believe such a car could stop so well)
    Take it for a drive, get upto highway speed to check for any major vibration in the drive train. This will be evident as a harmonic humm which will be worst at around 100km/h if there is any major problems.
    Good luck, and keep us up to date on how it goes.
    Chris
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Hi Thanks for comments.
    I guess if I pick it up for less than $2000 it would be reasonable deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1985 Peugeot SR 505 Wagon-peugeotwagon-7-seater-004.jpg  

Ahhhh
    It is at a dealers?
    He wouldn't have paid anymore than $1000, probably at auction. If not wouldn't have given alot as a trade. He probably paid less than the 1000.
    Looks straight in the pic. Can't tell too much, but doesn't look as though it has had any touch ups, all the paint is in the same condition.
    Looks funny less the roof rack.
    Offer him $1500, see if he bites. If not , either walk away and go back in a week if it's still there. Or offer him $2000 if you are comfortable with that.
    The good point is that it has a reasonable body. Mechanicals are easy fixes, body work is difficult and expensive if you don't have the tools and can't do it yourself.
    Oh, does the A/c work?Does it have A/C? Check what type of gas it has, if it needs converting, it'll be upto $300 or so for that alone.
    Anyway, good luck.
    Chris
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Westair
    Hi Thanks for comments.
    I guess if I pick it up for less than $2000 it would be reasonable deal.
    $2k for a good looking 505, is a bargan.
    HKP has good advice on dealing with dealers, (drugs, real-estate, cars--they are all the same).
    If possible check recent service history, note if there have been any major parts replaced in the last 12mths and the las major service.

Let us know how you get on.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Thread Information