Anyone been to a pick-a-part in Melbourne recently?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Anyone been to a pick-a-part in Melbourne recently?

Going to head down there soon.

Has anyone been down there recently, and are there any Renaults about?

Mainly 16 and Fuego bits..
    Mainly looking for 2 L Fuego headlights, and a left indicator.
    Looking for a bonnet too, if I can find a red one. Otherwise ill beat the dents out.

16 bits, a Radio surroud, and drivers side mirror, steering wheel (TS)

Advertisement
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Default Pick-a-part

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    Going to head down there soon.

Has anyone been down there recently, and are there any Renaults about?

Mainly 16 and Fuego bits..
    Mainly looking for 2 L Fuego headlights, and a left indicator.
    Looking for a bonnet too, if I can find a red one. Otherwise ill beat the dents out.

16 bits, a Radio surroud, and drivers side mirror, steering wheel (TS)
    Hi Vivid,

I've just been down there, although not looking for Renault bits.

There are 2 or 3 Fuegos -engines not must chop- too open and wet. I think the fronts are intact, at least one. Interirs OK from memory

There is an R12 which looks to have been quite a nice well cared for car -engine pretty complete and salvageable. Interior quite good except for a rip in the passenger seat and drivers handwheel adjustor broken. It has the brown hi-back seats (the color matches my 404 & if perfect I would have got them.

Did not see any '16 s

Hope this helps

regards

Rob.

PS

They are on the office side, last row of cars right near the back. The row starts with a Morris Minor.
    Last edited by robmac; 16th January 2005 at 04:24 PM. Reason: add more info

Quote Originally Posted by robmac
    Hi Vivid, There are 2 or 3 Fuegos -engines not must chop- too open and wet. I think the fronts are intact, at least one.
    Kilsyth pick-a-part right?

Ill head down shortly.. any bonnets?

Seems like 16s are getting fewer and fewer down at pick a part.

Default Kilsyth

Yep, hope you get this in time

Didn't end up making it down there in time

Oh well Ill head down tomorrow morning.

Thanks mate.

Got down there thismorning and grabbed some Fuego bits.

16s are getting harder and harder to find wrecking.

I grabbed a silver bonnet, a headlight, and idicator (broken plasic on the back)
    I was going to grab a second LH headlight, but it was broken, and I am sure they charged me less for one last time.

Last time it cost me $20 for a headlight, this time around they wanted $35, and $25 for the indicator.

The other headlight I had was broken, and he wouldnt give it to me for less so I left it.. (mental note, remove glass in future so that you arent charged extra for a "halogen" light)

I wouldnt normally worry about $15 dollars here or there, but after me there was a good looking woman and her partner... "Hey this indicator is broken" and he offered it to them at 1/2 price!!

OK, so now I know to take my girlfriend with me next time.

Default Pick A Part

Got down there thismorning and grabbed some Fuego bits.

16s are getting harder and harder to find wrecking.

I grabbed a silver bonnet, a headlight, and idicator (broken plasic on the back)
    I was going to grab a second LH headlight, but it was broken, and I am sure they charged me less for one last time.

Last time it cost me $20 for a headlight, this time around they wanted $35, and $25 for the indicator.

The other headlight I had was broken, and he wouldnt give it to me for less so I left it.. (mental note, remove glass in future so that you arent charged extra for a "halogen" light)

I wouldnt normally worry about $15 dollars here or there, but after me there was a good looking woman and her partner... "Hey this indicator is broken" and he offered it to them at 1/2 price!!

OK, so now I know to take my girlfriend with me next time.

Hi Vivid,

They seem very inconsistent with their pricing . I bought a 505 motor with every accessory - $180.00

So if you need a lot of engine bits it's cheaper to buy the engine plus acessories pull the starter/ alternator etc etc off and stack as many other small bits and pieces you can under the black gooey mess on the wheel barrow plus engine crane. They don't like foraging through the dirty parts.

Yet I buy a distributor it's $35 plus $2 ea for HT leads.

I guess the small consumable parts are expensive because everybody buys them & they are easy to pull off. (and to steal)

The bigger bits which are harder to remove and harder to carry are less expensive.

I must let you know in the trade they are known as "Pinch A Part" which doubtless means they have to jack up (no pun intended) their prices.

Can I borrow your GF ? My wife may cause a price increase !

regards

Rob

mlb

In know a wreckers down here in Tassie that has a R16 in its yard that is pretty much complete. I did not have a good look at it as I was after Pug parts, but it did not seem too bad. Engine looked all intact. Anything small you may want I can look for and ship to you, or anything big for that matter, but shipping may be cost prohibitive.

Hope this helps

Matt
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

1000+ Posts

Default Silver Fuego bits

Vivid

The car that you took the silver bonnet off, did it have a good passenger door?

I'm still casually on the look out for a silver door to replace one with minor rust in it - I know I am a lazy bugger, but thats old age for you and too lousy to pay the dollar to look for myself

Should have asked for your Fleet owners discount at pick a part

Ken

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Do they have parts for a *real* car

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    Thats what they were discussing shane......
    of course if you don't want to call fuegos 'real' cars.....then we're happy to call them UNREAL! cars!!!!
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

VIP Sponsor

seeya,
    Shane L.
    I am about to try my BX in some motorsport in the next week or so. If I don't like it there may be some BX parts available!
    It doesn't seem too flash on large undulations, can you increase the damping?
    It is a TRI.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    I am about to try my BX in some motorsport in the next week or so. If I don't like it there may be some BX parts available!
    It doesn't seem too flash on large undulations, can you increase the damping?
    It is a TRI.
    Graham
    Yep,

I suggest you put some 16valve spheres on it. They'll tighten up the front and more importantly the back. The firmer you make the back, the more readily the car will oversteer on the limits (which is a good thing ).

BTW: I do own a Renault Fuego, do you want it

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

VIP Sponsor

Yep,

I suggest you put some 16valve spheres on it. They'll tighten up the front and more importantly the back. The firmer you make the back, the more readily the car will oversteer on the limits (which is a good thing ).

BTW: I do own a Renault Fuego, do you want it

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Are these hard to come by and do they screw straight in?
    The car turns in very well and goes hard but the lack of a hand brake is a worry, no way of tapping into the rear brake circuit with a hydraulic handbrake I suppose? Left foot braking may be the answer.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    Are these hard to come by and do they screw straight in?
    The car turns in very well and goes hard but the lack of a hand brake is a worry, no way of tapping into the rear brake circuit with a hydraulic handbrake I suppose? Left foot braking may be the answer.
    Graham
    Hi Graham,

start yourself a new topic with this topic as the subject. Alan is your man, they run a BX16valve on hill climbs & stuff.

16valve spheres are a 5minute change. However I'm uncertain how easy it would be to find a set... Possibly someone could lend you the sphere's off there car for a day to see how you like them

I'm sure there would be a way of tapping into the rear brakes ... Ask around would be the best bet.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    Vivid

The car that you took the silver bonnet off, did it have a good passenger door?

I'm still casually on the look out for a silver door to replace one with minor rust in it - I know I am a lazy bugger, but thats old age for you and too lousy to pay the dollar to look for myself

Should have asked for your Fleet owners discount at pick a part

Ken

Infact Ken there are 2 silver Fuegos down there.. I am sorry I didn't think to mention it to you.

From memory both are fine.. both cars seemed extremely straight.

Just shows how slack I am too, it has taken me this long to find a replacement bonnet for the red Fuego I bought off your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mlb
    In know a wreckers down here in Tassie that has a R16 in its yard that is pretty much complete. I did not have a good look at it as I was after Pug parts, but it did not seem too bad. Engine looked all intact. Anything small you may want I can look for and ship to you, or anything big for that matter, but shipping may be cost prohibitive.

Hope this helps

Matt
    Hi Matt, Thanks.

Always on the lookout for 16 bits, was it a TS or TL?

David.