Retromobile, Retronautique, Fevrier 11-20
  • Register
  • Help

Default Retromobile, Retronautique, Fevrier 11-20

RETROMOBILE, RETRONAUTIQUE

Found this site, and FINALLY another pic of that renault 16 coupe prototype.

Hopefully Martin (from France) can get there to take some more photos and info for me.

Gallery 2005

Advertisement

main site: http://www.retromobile.fr/

David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Quote Originally Posted by vivid

Hopefully Martin (from France) can get there to take some more photos and info for me.

Gallery 2005

David.
    Gorgeous. I've plotted and schemed but can't find a way of getting to Paris in February. I presume it's the same with you.

Get the next edition of Australian Classic Cars (in the shops next week I'm told).

Cheers

JohnW

Default Retromobile...

Vivid,
    Judging by the number of replies to your Retro' thread I would say that it has gone over their heads to the keeper. Apart from John W [Francophile extraordinaire].
    Apart from a few of the, dare I say senior, AFers there seems to be no sense of history regarding French cars. As I've remarked on other occasions the new breed of French car owners are today's people with no regard to what has gone before.
    I always look forward to the magazine reports on the Retromobile show but unfortunately they are all too brief.

If you are planning a trip to Paris for the Retro' John W, can I come? I won't eat much and I'll sleep on the floor!
    I wonder what it would cost for an organised tour just to take in the show, forget about the cathedrals and art galleries. A week doing the Retro' would be enough for a lifetime of memories.

I was in 1/2 a mind to "sell the car" but then realised that even selling the lot wouldn't cover the costs of even a 1 way.

Do you guys know how much it costs to post 75 maybe 80kg to France?

I have a comfy box with holes punched in it for air.

David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

I was in 1/2 a mind to "sell the car" but then realised that even selling the lot wouldn't cover the costs of even a 1 way.

Do you guys know how much it costs to post 75 maybe 80kg to France?

I have a comfy box with holes punched in it for air.

David.
    If only.... I reckon you'd do it for about $4-5,000. Allow $2500 for the return airfare to Paris, then $200/day for about a 2-star hotel and some decent food and you'd be somewhere near the mark. Of course, the youth hostel way would be cheaper.

One of these years...... I'm a bit distraught that it can't be 2005 with the 16 display.

Now for any 16 people who do get to France, a visit to the Charbonneaux museum in Rheins (1-2 hours by train from Paris) is a MUST. He was responsible for some amazing design work, including the final sheetmetal on the R8 (about 2-3 week's work in total after Renault sales rejected Renault design's efforts for the Dauphine replacement) and some key elements of the 16. There is one of the prototype "non-hatch" 16s too.

JohnW

Default If Only

Wow, what great design ideas. Pity they never all made it.
    If only the designers had the advantage of hindsight all those years ago, may-be some of the classic designs that they are showing now that were penned years ago may have seen production. Some of those cars would have been light years ahead in styling, but they were too afraid to release them for fear of going bust on a wrong decision.
    The market has changed so much in the years in between. It was even evident, dare I say it, here in Australia wth Holden and the GTR-X project car. Holden were to afraid to release it because they feard it would be rejected. People today are less conservative generally, and more open to accepting outside the square designs. Or is it more that a small group take up a particular style or look, and then everyone wants it. May-be we should give all the celebraties the latest French Cars and then in 6 months everyone will want one.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Gallery 2005

David.
    3 days!