pictures of tassie trip
  • Register
  • Help

Default pictures of tassie trip

I've got a small, and very small at that fraction of the pictures taken in Tassie up. I can send full size (about 2mb each) pictures if anyone wants one, these are probably the best or most interesting, or most stupid out of the 1.4GB worth of pictures i ended up with. That's a a lot considering I only had a 256MB card with me, poor laptop was in the boot while we did all sorts of stunts... ahhh bless IBM... unlike the car that never rattled.

http://www.texen.com.au/karl/photo2.html

all and any comments welcome. or insults :-)

Advertisement
    Karl
    -----------------

Icon14

You got a lot of great photos!
    Nice giong !
    You managed to see stuff that I still haven't . I should get out more.

Glad to hear you had an awsome time!

Will
    1990 205Gti
    1976 504 rally car (currently out of action)

Very nice pictures, I will have to put up my holiday pic's one day.

hey is that a dent in your bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by DRD180
    hey is that a dent in your bonnet
    yes it is! i have 5 such dents, all over the car. But the other 4 are not as big. The problem with this car, and maybe French cars in general (dont' know about that) is you touch it and it dents. I dont' even know when these happened, obviosuly parked sowmhere, but yeah like i said, you touch it and it dents. My astra was once backed straight into a concrete wall because the stupid wheel stoppers at this shopping centre were placed too far behind. anyway, nothing happened, not even paint scratch... that's the diference between german and french, or at least this particular french. I'm waiting for a hail storm before fixing it.
    Karl
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by WAUTY205
    You got a lot of great photos!
    Nice giong !
    You managed to see stuff that I still haven't . I should get out more.

Will
    thats the case though, I've seen more of Australia ( a lot more) than China where i was born and lived half my life. In fact I've been to 6 or 7 diferent chinese cities and that's it, percentage wise that is nothing.

Used to live in townsville, and to this day I haven't been to the top end of the state... its always cairns... and if it weren't for one year someone else made the decision to go to withsundays... I wouldn't have been there either... you live some place you tend not to go... sahme relaly. I haven't been to the hunter valley yet and i've lived in Sydney for 9 years! *shakes head*
    Karl
    -----------------

just curious bud, how long did you spend there & did you see alot of tassie in that time.
    and what camera did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by storms_of_fate
    I'm waiting for a hail storm before fixing it.
    will a golf driving range do

Oringinally posted by purrr-geot
    just curious bud, how long did you spend there & did you see alot of tassie in that time.....
    The other thread explains that... in short, not long at all... and not much of Tassie.

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    just curious bud, how long did you spend there & did you see alot of tassie in that time.
    and what camera did you use?
    errr... damn i'm a little late! But no, not much time 4 days and basically drove around it from Devonport to hobart, to coles bay back to eveon port... but it was really really rushed. So will do it again soon. And no didn't see tha tmuch of tassie, and the places i have been are again really rushed. Luckily the car was up to task dispatching caravans and things and get out of a mountain range quickly.

The camera i used for all of the photos is a Leica Digilux 1 digital camera. all photos are taken at 4MP and then sized down for the web.
    Karl
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by DRD180
    will a golf driving range do
    yes!!!!!
    Karl
    -----------------

Thanks for sharing the pics! Looks like you had a ball! Good show!

So you drove to Melbourne and then took the Spirit, rather than going from Sydney? What's the cost difference? I was thinking of going down from Sydney, and coming back via Melbourne...

Nice camera, too
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

from sydney is a lot more expensive. I had a high school mate who now lives in Melb so i went down there and spent the new years with him. But from Melb to tassie return was about 335 per person factoring in the car. for 3 people. the car is only about 50 bucks i think one way. From Sydney, per person is a lot more and return is something like 1 grand or more??? and you'd have to spend 22 hours on a boat... and to be honest the spirirt is not a cruise ship.... enough said.

If you are going i seriously suggest driving to melb then get on the boat. Especially if you are going with someone else it'd be cheaper. I prefer driving to being stuck on a boat any day, unless the boat is a cruise ship. Try and get on teh ngiht ferry and get Busines sclass seats for your trip (or cabin). that way you don't waste any day time for drivign and looking at stuff, and the hourney is quicker because business class seats you can sleep in, and when we went the whole 200 seats or so only had 20 - 30% capacity... so plenty of room to sleep and stuff. By 7 in the morning you are ready to drive.

I shoudl metnion that before you disembark onto Tassie, the alarm warning sounded awfully like a jump signal into hot LZ very cool i thought. especialyl given that as the alarm goes off teh ramp opens up, and sicne we were the 4th car to get off, its more of a wow factor for us

yes early 20's still count as teenagers hehehe
    Karl
    -----------------

Thanks for the info. I was more after the thrill of leaving Sydney through the heads... cruise ships don't really interest me that much... so I figure the Spirit would be a good way to experience that... whether it is a $700 experience remains to be seen!
    - Lincoln

No probs. The problem witht he spirit is that if you do hit rough wether, it does get nasty. On the way back we hit rain over bass straight... and let's just say the mop and buckets were used quiet a bit. I mean i don't really care about a cruise ship in regards to the stuff you can do on one. But cruise ships are easier to deal with if the wether turns nasty.
    Karl
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by storms_of_fate
    No probs. The problem witht he spirit is that if you do hit rough wether, it does get nasty. On the way back we hit rain over bass straight... and let's just say the mop and buckets were used quiet a bit. I mean i don't really care about a cruise ship in regards to the stuff you can do on one. But cruise ships are easier to deal with if the wether turns nasty.
    Yeah, I've travelled on the Spirit before. Was smooth on the way down, but on the way back, it was best to sleep to avoid getting sick!
    - Lincoln

I don't know about others, but I was very impressed with the appointments on the Spirit... the restaurants and bars, the lounging areas, it was all very nice.

To see seasick you really had to travel on the old Seacat! When we came down on it in 93 about half the passsengers were sick. Weather coming in sideways and one hull in a trough while the other was on the peak of a wave
    Anyway, None of us got seasick. I thought it was fun.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Just to get away from the seasickness a bit...

Ross? Oatlands?
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Nahh... in the low rent district...

Bothwell.

Thread Information