Help what have I got myself into
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Help what have I got myself into

I have just brought a 206cc 1.6 manual as a fun car for the wife (and myself)
    I have now read this website for the past few weeks and see conflicting reports about about the issue of reliability.What should i look for as potential problems and and more importantly how do I avoid them. Also have people had their cars serviced by the guys at Gosford are they any good. I live in the Blue Mountains but have relatives on the central coast.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Advertisement

Welcome to AF's!

I wouldn't worry unnecessarily. I think the thing is that the cars end up providing so much enjoyment when they are on the road, that any problems tend to get magnified when mentioned in a forum. Consequently you only tend to read about the problems, rather than the good times. Also I imagine that forums for other marques are in a similar position, it is just that you never have any reason to visit, because you don't own that particular car, and never read of the problems.

As your car is likely to be quite new, it should be covered by the factory warranty. Time to pop the top and enjoy the scenery!

And when something does crop up there will likely be many fingers tapping on keys to provide advice and assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by wm206cc
    I have now read this website for the past few weeks and see conflicting reports about about the issue of reliability.What should i look for as potential problems and and more importantly how do I avoid them. Also have people had their cars serviced by the guys at Gosford are they any good. I live in the Blue Mountains but have relatives on the central coast.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Welcome to firstly - hopefully you'll find this place useful.

With the reliability issues - remember you are looking at a fairly small sample of the owners of the 206 model in comparision to their total production run - Somewhere over 4 million last time I heard. So Peugeot cant be doing things that badly.

A good place to go in terms of looking at known issues with Pug's is PeugeotLogic They have just about all the info on recalls, known issues etc. Or if there is anything specific you want to know about ask here.

Cant speak for the dealers but I'm sure others here can. Enjoy the pug and hopefully it will bring you years of reliable and enjoyable driving.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

XTC

I have now read this website for the past few weeks and see conflicting reports about about the issue of reliability.
    All cars have problems, and when they do people complain, the ratio is something like 10:1, so take this into consideration and enjoy the open air driving.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Congratulations on the purchase of your CC.

As the others have said, no need to overly worry about any issues ...... just relax and enjoy the driving experience.

I have sent you a PM with the web address of a 206CC website. The forum section covers many issues which you may find interesting.

Enjoy the driving !!

Tadpole

Default Thanks

I now feel much better. The car has done 2000km in a month and all is well. No rattles or anything. Your theory of just enjoy it is true. My brothers honda S2000 and MX5 call the 206 a hairdressers car but at the price it offers heaps of fun compared to theirs. I shall enjoy its handling and open air and question its power and body rigidity.
    So thanks

My brothers honda S2000......... and body rigidity.
    So thanks
    something was amiss at honda, as s2's and body regidity don't seem to come up in the same sentence,(the first thing tuners fix on S2's)..... so do enjoy your CC its cool but different! - Chris
    ... ptui!

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

These sorts of forums usually give a skewed view of the cars reliability. You see a lot of the members actively go and find these sorts of groups BECAUSE they have a problem with there car. ie: a large portion of the posts will be about problems. Members that don't have problems with there cars are the silent majority.

Eg: I have been on Citroen lists and message groups for the last 10+years. I can't remember a single time when there's been a post about computers in a CX being wrong/dead.... Now read the Citroen forum here, there has been a spate of people find this board and post serious issues that are most likely the computer. About 5people in the last 4months. If you had just started reading the forum you would think the Bosch computers in the CX's were rubbish so avoid.

I think the truth is there was 1post made about CX fuel injection. Other people in the world jump onto google, lookup "CX fuel injection problems" and guess what site must appears at the top of the search. So they come here and post there problems. The same is probably true for a lot of issues.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information