Car wash
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Car wash

Icon10 Car wash

Going to wash my car today before I go for the Summernats cruise

Advertisement

What's the best/most prefered car wash for your pug??

I have been using Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash lately, and i have found it to be very good. Also the NXT Generation Tech Wax gives it a nice smooth finish and has an easy wipe off.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I find good old H20 is the best wash. You see I wash my car very regually. Infact it gets a good wash whenever it rains

The paint will fade away if I wash of it's protective coating of filth

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    I find good old H20 is the best wash. You see I wash my car very regually. Infact it gets a good wash whenever it rains

The paint will fade away if I wash of it's protective coating of filth

seeya,
    Shane L.

Yeah but the prob is that it's not going to rain tonight Plus my mates won't been seen dead riding around in a dirty pug

H2O is always better than H20...

Take my word for it!

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

take your car wash gear to a car wash like car lovers and wash it there

that way you are conserving the already depleting water supplies

sydney users are using 3 times the amount of water that is currently entering warragamba at the moment
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

I ended up getting myself a nappy bucket that has a lid, a sponge and some detergent: Total cost $10. Take these down to car lovers and fill the bucket up and spray the car ($1). Sponge the car down as if you were in your own driveway and then rinse with the high pressure hose ($1). Don't ever go thru an automated car wash or even use those "soft" broom thingies at Car Lovers. Better off doing it yourself or else going to an actual car wash place that handwashes it.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    take your car wash gear to a car wash like car lovers and wash it there

that way you are conserving the already depleting water supplies

sydney users are using 3 times the amount of water that is currently entering warragamba at the moment
    Let's not blame the public too much there, we only use something like 30% of the water... commercial enterprise are the biggest users (when many could use grey water)....not to mention that no water is recycled here. They could do so much more to conserve water than just point the finger at the public and tell them to slow down. Sydney is growing, at what point are we going to do something sustainable with our water, rather than just telling us to use less? It is not a long term strategy!

Anyway, I use Meguiar's Hi Tech Wash, will probably switch to Eagle 1 or NXT. There's isn't a great deal to a wash product... any of the Megs products are good.
    Last edited by GTI124; 8th January 2005 at 11:03 AM.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    Let's not blame the public too much there, we only use something like 30% of the water... commercial enterprise are the biggest users (when many could use grey water)....not to mention that no water is recycled here. They could do so much more to conserve water than just point the finger at the public and tell them to slow down. Sydney is growing, at what point are we going to do something sustainable with our water, rather than just telling us to use less? It is not a long term strategy!

Anyway, I use Meguiar's Hi Tech Wash, will probably switch to Eagle 1 or NXT. There's isn't a great deal to a wash product... any of the Megs products are good.

true

i didn't outline just the sydney public it was aimed at all of sydney at the moment

it is sad to see the water situation in the state it is in

i learnt a great lesson on water conservation a few years back when i had to rely on tank water and the rain falling from the sky and paying for water is not very good for the pocket in that situation

more water needs to be recycled

all new houses that are built should be made to have water tanks installed and the water used mainly in the house

just this on it's own will save water when you look at how much storm water is let to run down the drain

i would love to have a big underground tank in the backyard

sure it won't have the floride in it and the other chemicals that are thrown in but there are ways around that

we have severe water restrictions here yet people still wash their cars in their backyards (instead of the front yard ) and water their lawns

i have some very nice green lawn in the backyard yet i have never put a hose on it, i let the washing machine dump into the back yard

anyway i agree anything meguiars makes works well on cars
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

I probably put the better part of 1000l of water on the garden per week possibly more depending on the amount of washing we do, typical 5 person household. Washing machine dumps the water into a 205l drum upside down on the back verandah and a cheap 80$ pump from ebay moves it through 60 metres of hose to get the plants out the back or front. I too used to have a lovely green patch of weedy grass but found that for less than 100$ I can have the water where I want it and not stress the washing machine pump any more than the makers intended. It also will run a sprinkler happily (waiting to get dobbed in for using sprinklers during stage 3 restrictions). Too bad I cant plumb it into the toilet so that I could use grey water to flush away yellow.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserman
    I probably put the better part of 1000l of water on the garden per week possibly more depending on the amount of washing we do, typical 5 person household. Washing machine dumps the water into a 205l drum upside down on the back verandah and a cheap 80$ pump from ebay moves it through 60 metres of hose to get the plants out the back or front. I too used to have a lovely green patch of weedy grass but found that for less than 100$ I can have the water where I want it and not stress the washing machine pump any more than the makers intended. It also will run a sprinkler happily (waiting to get dobbed in for using sprinklers during stage 3 restrictions). Too bad I cant plumb it into the toilet so that I could use grey water to flush away yellow.

my lawn isn't weedy where it's lush and the kids and dog love it

you could always use the grey water from the shower out to the garden and lawn or use it to plumb back into the cistern for the toilet
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Whilst I live in an apartment block and can do nothing about my water consumption. We need long term solutions and as long as the government body that sells water is the same body that has to conserve it, we'll never see decent policy in this regard.

And the same body controls our power... let's see... we need to sell more water, but we need more of it... best way to do this AND sell some more power whilst we're at.... yep... let's build a desalinisation plant!

Makes me so angry.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    I agree, and it makes me mad too. Any society that wants to be successful, by any measure, needs to have access to a plentiful supply of water. Bringing in water restrictions, and doing nothing about increasing supply, when all the while the population is growing, is about the most backward thinking thing I can imagine.

At risk of being controversial, why we grow cotton and rice in this country is beyond me. Both are very thirsty, and the real joke is that both can be obtained cheaply and easily overseas anyway.

Anyway, as a nod to staying on topic, the Carlovers idea is a good one. I use Meguirs Gold Class. Don't skimp on the chamois.
    Care factor = -273.15șC

Default Car wash.

I've come in on this one a bit late.
    Personally I wouldn't offer car washing or any other advice to anyone who is going to join the space wasters and oxygen thieves at the Summer Gnats!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    advice to anyone who is going to join the space wasters and oxygen thieves at the Summer Gnats!
    testify!

Look, if you want to have fun like that, just buy a hot4s magazine and pay a $10 to go to a nudie bar.

I use the Heavy Duty Armor All stuff- green and smells kinda cool.

I then wash again with meguiairs soft wash.

then SHAMMY! i gots me a microfibre shammy - cracker! real gem.
    '87 Camry 2.0ltr injected---------5min 11 sec
    '85 Charade turbo 700cc----------5min 06 sec RESPECT
    '99 GX Impreza 2.0ltr-------------5min 02 sec
    '99 WRX w/ hi-flo exhaust------4min 46 sec
    Byrnesy's 172---------------------- 4min 25 sec

I think the biggest water wasters are the water service themselves.

What I mean by this is the amount of times in certain places I see mains water pipes spewing water out onto the street.

I conserve water dramatically. I use a squiggie to wipe the windows with their dew in the morning. I never washed my 4X4 in the 3 years I had it.

I barely washed my bike when I had that too. I protested that the brake dust embedded into the rims were keeping the paint from drying out and flaking off from under the hot sun.

pips
    Ever wonder why Mad Scientist talk to themselves? They know others just wouldn't understand.

The software said "Windows 98 or better". So I installed Linux.

1990 405 Mi16

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    I've come in on this one a bit late.
    Personally I wouldn't offer car washing or any other advice to anyone who is going to join the space wasters and oxygen thieves at the Summer Gnats!

Hey, I use to have the same attitude, but when you live in Canberra for 3 years and realise how little there is to do, the Nats looks to be one of the brighter events in the ACT.

The cars that turn up there are testiment to the care and pride that we all have for our cars. The engineering in and on some of the machines is truly spectacular, and the Supercruise on Sat night can be quite fun to watch. Don't knock it till you've tried it!!

Plus it provides a nice little tourist boost for the nations capital, which lets face it; does not get the exposure and time of day that both Sydney and Melbourne enjoy.

I always thought it was stupid that Australia is one of the driest countries in the world and we are relying on catchment areas for water...

Desalinisation plants while consuming power is the most feasible option. Power can always be sourced from renewable resources (Wind farms, solar panels but that is another discussion).

My

Daniel Djuracic

Ex UK spec 89 309
    206 XT 1.6 16V (Diablo Red)with Peugeot Lion in back windows

Thread Information