Approval to Use "Aussie Frogs" name?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Approval to Use "Aussie Frogs" name?

Hi all,

I have mentioned before that I'm entering my '79 Pug 504 in this years Kidney Kar Rally. As a part of the registration process I need to supply a "team" name. I was wanting to use "Aussie Frogs" as the team name, however I thought I would seek approval from the Forum management / members before doing that? Not sure who I should ask for permission to use the name so posted it here.

What do you think?

Advertisement

Regards

Peter J

PS: They have allowed me to use "504" as the car number so I am looking forward to seeing the Pug with the number posted on both front doors and a few sponsors logos over it. Will post some photos later on.
    PJ

Peter, I suggest this man>> "All content is to GIBGIB Holdings PTY Limited 2004", as per the bottom of every page.
    GIBGIB (Gerry) was the founder, inventor, stater, god... ahem of AF. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J
    Hi all,

I have mentioned before that I'm entering my '79 Pug 504 in this years Kidney Kar Rally. As a part of the registration process I need to supply a "team" name. I was wanting to use "Aussie Frogs" as the team name, however I thought I would seek approval from the Forum management / members before doing that? Not sure who I should ask for permission to use the name so posted it here.

What do you think?

Regards

Peter J

PS: They have allowed me to use "504" as the car number so I am looking forward to seeing the Pug with the number posted on both front doors and a few sponsors logos over it. Will post some photos later on.

I think the big issue with this would be liability, what would happen if you (or someone else) gets hurt / does some damage to something and decides to foot the blame on Aussie Frogs.

I think the same stance would be taken as drive days, but ask gibgib as it would be his decision

The idea sounds good but I'll get back to you

XTC

Copyright is one thing ... a Registered Trade Mark is a whole different story.

Copyright protects literary, artistic and musical creations.
    Trade marks distinguish the goods or services of one trader from those of others.

Copyright give protection for limited periods.
    Trade mark rights can be renewed indefinitely.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    Peter, I suggest this man>> "All content is to GIBGIB Holdings PTY Limited 2004", as per the bottom of every page.
    GIBGIB (Gerry) was the founder, inventor, stater, god... ahem of AF. - Chris
    Thanks CHRI'S16,

I was not aware of that. I have now sent a formal request to GibGib, who has already picked up on the thread.

Peter J.
    PJ

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    I think the big issue with this would be liability, what would happen if you (or someone else) gets hurt / does some damage to something and decides to foot the blame on Aussie Frogs.

I think the same stance would be taken as drive days, but ask gibgib as it would be his decision
    Orestos...that's be like Schuie' suing Marlboro or is it Shell now if he crashes and injures himself, they are only the sponser and couldn't possibly asume any responsibility. The whole world has gone litigation mad, and everyone is running scared. I say replace the bull bars on all 4wds with lawyers and out of touch judges, that stop it.
    Last edited by HONG KONG PUGGY; 8th January 2005 at 01:09 AM.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

I'll throw the Schui in & say go for it

We have the stickers on our cars anyway, & it's for a worthy cause.

Thanks for asking too

Thanks GibGib,

Much appreciated. I'll post some photos of the car and keep you up to speed on my progress with this endeavour. I have a few stickers myself that Pugrambo has given me. They will be on the car.

Peter J.
    PJ

Thread Information