Disappointment
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Disappointment

Default Disappointment

I've started a couple of threads the last couple of weeks that are there for members' enjoyment... and possible response, though that's not the aim of them...

This one...

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19106

Advertisement

...got a fair number of looks... about 130, and a few posts. I thought it merited more, it's a bit of fun. Though it is in the Toad Pond.

But the one on the Dodge, in the Motorsport forum, has only had about 32 non-me views. Shame, it's an interesting story whichever way you look at it.

How about you go have a look at them?

I'd like to thank those who have responded to this little plea of mine... the numbers have shot up on the Dodge thread and we got another couple of posts on Billy's adventure...

I'm going to continually update the Dodge thread as we go through the year... if you have an interest in things mechanical you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

Even if it is a lumbering Yank Tank!

Default Dodge

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    I'd like to thank those who have responded to this little plea of mine... the numbers have shot up on the Dodge thread and we got another couple of posts on Billy's adventure...

I'm going to continually update the Dodge thread as we go through the year... if you have an interest in things mechanical you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

Even if it is a lumbering Yank Tank!

In my youth I was very lucky meet Phil Irving (designer of the Vincent Hrd engines, author or of "Tuning For Speed and Performance" , <correct me if title is wrong, the actual book has been misplaced>) whilst a guest at the Light Car Club of Australia, then in Queens Rd Melbourne.

Phil whilst discussing of vehicles of this ilk and referred them "as out of control railway carriages" A pearl which has never left me.

Yeah, I also met Phil... a few times...

First one was late at night between practice and race day at Phillip Island. I think it must have been the New Years meeting of 1974.

There were potholes appearing in the track and he had a small crew of guys out there with his Landrover filling them with quick-setting concrete so it would be okay for the following day.

I went out and gave them a hand too, not being there with my family, the car being ready to run again the next day no problems.

He was quite taken that a competitor would come out and help with the circuit, so we got on pretty well.

He had some good turns of phrase... but nothing ever really matched the one I got from another engine guru, Kevin Carrad.

I was showing Kevin the head of a 304 engine and discussing modifying the inlet port. Kevin reckoned the tightness of the turn in the port wasn't too bad though... "Air is pretty thin stuff," he said.

Thread Information