New Megane 225 owner
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Icon14 New Megane 225 owner

Hi French Car Lovers ,

Well last week I became an Aussie Frog and picked up my new Megane Turbo 225, I'm over the moon about it , not as quik as my Lotus but a big improvement on my Citroen VTS are there any other owners of this car out there ??
    Just a question as the first service is at 10,000 K's should the oil be changed before this ??
    Are there ways of lowering the suspension ?

Advertisement

AL S2-225

Congratulations on the new purchase! What didn't you like about the VTS? There are a fair few of them out there!

Welcome to

Fellow Frogger!

Nice car, there was one parked at work a few weeks ago and i drooled all over it, even though the dealer reccomends a change at 10,000km I would change it earlier, how does it drive is the turbo smooth throughout the rev range or does it kick in at about 3000rpm like a WRX.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

It really depends on what is used in that first fill. Sometimes the first fill is a particular viscosity and is a semi-synthetic of some kind. This is used to help bed the seals in and assist in running n the engine. Every car is a bit different in this regard, so you'd be best to ask the Service Manager at your dealer as to whether your car used a unique first fill oil.

If not, then I'd drop the oil at 5,000 or 6,000 or 6 months, whatever comes first, and switch to a full synthetic. I'd imagine it runs a 0W-40 being a turbo, but again, you should check with the dealer.

Fellow Frogger!

if you were a pedantic owner, i would change it after the 1,000kms run-in just to start fresh. most new car service schedules still recommend this as an option.

after that, it really depends on use and driving. if you do a lot of city/heavy traffic driving, i think it's better to change the oil more regularly. if you mainly do highway driving. i used to change every 5,000kms for my 172 just to make sure i have a nice fresh coat of engine oil, eventhough i didn't drive it daily or and doing the handful of heavy traffic driving.

what colour did you get? I have seen the steel gray and dark blue, both look nice. now i'm waiting to see the blood orange before i decide between the blue and the blood orange.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Megane 225 owner-image001.jpg   New Megane 225 owner-image002.jpg   New Megane 225 owner-image003.jpg   New Megane 225 owner-image004.jpg  

Fellow Frogger!

Awesome car.

I'm glad that a French manufacturer has decided to bring some more power to the game. Personally I have never been too bothered with the comparative lack of power in French 'performance' cars due to the superb handling/ride package but it has always left them to open to criticism.

Awsome. I want that car so bad. But I could never afford it.

The V6 Clio would be a nice addition in Australia.

I just got my 405 Mi16, so I am wrapped!

pips

1000+ Posts

Icon12

Welcome to our Froggie car site Alan !! It didnt take you long to find this site M8 ! lol

Cheers JR [from the Lotus site ]
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. Opel OPC

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

THere was a very tasty Megane 225 in performance GTI mag the other month. It was orange, lowered and looked very meaty from the back. It was by some guy in Poland judging by the number plate.

There was also an Alpine modified Megane which was just ludicrous. Wasn't able to be driven on the road as the mods compromised the car's integrity!
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Icon2

Very nice car indeed. It must go like a rocket. The normal 2.0 goes like the wind.
    Im too used to driving small cars like my C3....

[QUOTE=Frog on Lotus]Hi French Car Lovers ,

Well last week I became an Aussie Frog and picked up my new Megane Turbo 225, I'm over the moon about it , not as quik as my Lotus but a big improvement on my Citroen VTS are there any other owners of this car out there ??

Man, congratulations on your purchase! What an awesome beast This car would have to be a huge improvement over the Xsara VTS considering the Xsara has been around a long time and though technology levels are still high(on VTS), the Megane Turbo 225 boasts the very latest tricks on offer from Europe. Yes there are a few owners of the VTS out there but our numbers arn't great. Mind you , your new beast, like Xsara , won't be a frequent site on Aussie roads either. A pity, for most of us would love to own one. Look forward to a road report about the beast!
    01 Xsara VTS

F_O_L - what kind of Lotus did you have?

Tadpole

Default Only one Lotus Excites Elise

My Lotus is an Elise S2 the all English model 2002 track pak.

I bought the Lotus after I crashed my Giacattolo at Sandown as I needed something that handled & braked properly .. If you haven't tried an Elise be careful it puts everything else to shame as it weighs only 730 KG w/0-100kmh in 5 secs.. from 1800 cc while getting 45 mpg.

Cheers Al s2-225

Tadpole

I've had my new megane 225 almost a month now. I love it.
    I got my oil changed at 1,000k, I think its worth it.
    Have you heard about his track day at sandown we get as part of buying the car yet? I'm still waiting!

Fellow Frogger!

what colour did u get Renof1? what colours have u seen in the flesh? what do you reckon looks best?

Just curious,
    what turbo has it got?
    whats it running?

Quote Originally Posted by Xsara VTS/ Pete
    your new beast, like Xsara , won't be a frequent site on Aussie roads either. A pity, for most of us would love to own one. Look forward to a road report about the beast!
    Funny thing about that.

I've had my Pug for two days. Before then, I maybe saw one or two pugs, renos, citz, etc a year. Now in the past two days, I have seen 5 Xsara's, 306's all over the place, a 206 GTi, and now I see a 306 XR every morning I drop the woman off at the train station.

Just my 2 worth of observations.

Pips
    Ever wonder why Mad Scientist talk to themselves? They know others just wouldn't understand.

The software said "Windows 98 or better". So I installed Linux.

1990 405 Mi16

Tadpole

I got black which is definitely my fave - looks hot. I've seen the blue (one being picked up when I got mine). Orange would be the next best I reckon.
    It has a twin scroll turbo - similar to the mit.evo. - kicks in early and hard!

Icon10

Congrats on the purchase.

A truly amazing car. I test drove one before christmas and I must say that nothing has compared to it as of yet. I drove the GTI180 a couple of days before and the 225 has got miles on it. So much more comfort, space and POWER. I love the blood orange especially with the stitching. Do the other colours also have the range stitching or is that just the orange cars?

Sounds like Melbourne has all the 225 owners, if you can wait til late Feb/early March maybe we could organise a day as hopefully I'll have one by then too????
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

David
    they all have the orange stitching, but they can be ordered without it. (They all have the orange belts too)
    regards
    Di
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Australdi
    David
    they all have the orange stitching, but they can be ordered without it. (They all have the orange belts too)
    regards
    Di

cheers,

it would look good with the black, but not sure about the other colours. I'd have to see it to like it I spose.

Australdi, which dealership do you work at, maybe theres a aussiefrogs discount in it for me
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

I would be happy to be any assistance
    Nunnawading GWS
    The techno grey (silver) also looks great with the orange....heck they all look good.
    Give me a call whenever you want....03 98773355
    regards
    Di
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by pips
    Funny thing about that.
    in the past two days, I have seen 306's all over the place,
    Pips
    ...yeah it gets like that.
    But back on topic......................... nice..... - Chris
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frog on Lotus
    I bought the Lotus after I crashed my Giacattolo at Sandown...
    Ahhh, I think I saw that on TV - did you hit a concrete barrier?

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Ahhh, I think I saw that on TV - did you hit a concrete barrier?
    Cant have been that one surely??? There was a guy who died a couple of years ago in an orange or yellow one that was on TV. There was some mention of it in this old thread started by the the legendary JamesNJ!

Left Foot Braking
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information