spotted an annoying french car driver, lately?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default spotted an annoying french car driver, lately?

of late, there seems to be a growing army of 206 drivers who insist on driving with their annoying rear foglight on! wheres the fog, comrades?

methinks they outnumber the hyundies excel tribe, already.

several times, the same black 206 xr1.4 with loud irritating zorst trying to race pissweak ricers along hoddle st. he also had his rear foglight ablaze.

hope he gets lined up, one day, by a gti or mi16, or even a shopping trolley.

whats your rant?

Advertisement
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Quote Originally Posted by pugjet
    of late, there seems to be a growing army of 206 drivers who insist on driving with their annoying rear foglight on! wheres the fog, comrades?

I agree
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

Ummmm... Got to admit to being one of those annoying 206 drivers. Ok, so I never use any of my foglights (and don't understand how people can constantly leave their's on since they automatically turn off when the car does - at least on the 180 anyway). I do other things, though, which might be considered annoying to some.

I readily admit to not being the world's best driver.

1000+ Posts

the undies drivers usually don't even realise when their car's foglight (in no fog) is on. When i tell them, many don't even know how to switch it off - silly buggers!

Icon2

Its rampant in sydney a veritable army of 306,206,307 drivers always drive with the front foglights on even through the city during the day. Its madness....

I don't think it is just driver's of Korean cars and 206s that do it. It seems to be anyone who has foglights these days. Maybe they think it is safer to blind everyone behind them?

Don't even get me started on front foglights!

I would have to cpappydore SS's with foggies on are the worst, but yeah excels/206's with rear fogs....so annoying when your stuck behind

Has everyone else noticed that the Crappadore SS's foglights are so blistering bright that they try and burn a hole in your retna?

The problem is rip around here also by ricers, and "Aussie Muscle Car" owners Me and a few mates would like to start a campaign of "Flog the Foglight F#*kers" everytime we see them on
    S16 ownership is like a fine french wine, perfection personified

There is a Silver C2 driver around North Sydney that I've seen do some pretty stupid things recently. Accelerate towards pedestrians trying to cross the road towards the end of a green walk sign, not give way to traffic whose lane is ending....that sort of thing. A class scumbag in other words.

of late, there seems to be a growing army of 206 drivers who insist on driving with their annoying rear foglight on!
    i didn't do it

yeah, gotta agree here. makes me ashamed sometimes. but hey, don't blame the car, blame the dickhead behind the wheel
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

...theres always one.
    I actually don't mind either. Guess being a moto-bike rider (as a daily commuter) in Sydney has made me complacent for things such as spot and fog lights, I'm too busy making sure I don't get killed.
    I don't use either on my pug, but when driving my car I didn't find it anoying. Certainly didn't see the need, but I didn't think it was enough of an issue to even consider it. Perhaps i have too many daytime-lights Volvo's in my area.
    As for idiot drivers, as Maq has pointed out;- well as a rider that "idiot" tag applies to just about every one. (non of my AF people of course ) - Chris
    ... ptui!

Me, i personally havent seen a rear 206 foglight been used??? But I cant stand it when people use them during the day!

Cyas Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    ...theres always one.
    I actually don't mind either. Guess being a moto-bike rider (as a daily commuter) in Sydney has made me complacent for things such as spot and fog lights, I'm too busy making sure I don't get killed.
    I don't use either on my pug, but when driving my car I didn't find it anoying. Certainly didn't see the need, but I didn't think it was enough of an issue to even consider it. Perhaps i have too many daytime-lights Volvo's in my area.
    As for idiot drivers, as Maq has pointed out;- well as a rider that "idiot" tag applies to just about every one. (non of my AF people of course ) - Chris
    they should make every one ride a bike ... at least for a little bit. would make better more aware drivers
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    Could say the same thing for motorcycles riders ... just as there are cars that don't respect bikes (pedal or powered), there are plenty of bikes that don't respect cars (cutting between 2 cars, overtaking on the inside!, speeds WAY above the limit, changing without indicating). So it cuts both ways, the first step in gaining respect, is showing it yourself.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Default Annoying French car drivers & others.

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo
    the undies drivers usually don't even realise when their car's foglight (in no fog) is on. When i tell them, many don't even know how to switch it off - silly buggers!
    Haven't these vehicles got a tell tale light on the dash to remind their thick drivers? When fitting auxilliary lighting it was a requirement by law .

What does the law say about front and rear fog lights? I was under the impression that it was illegal to use auxilliary lights in a built up area.

Perhaps it's a symptom of adult onset ADHD??

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Could say the same thing for motorcycles riders ... just as there are cars that don't respect bikes (pedal or powered), there are plenty of bikes that don't respect cars (cutting between 2 cars, overtaking on the inside!, speeds WAY above the limit, changing without indicating). So it cuts both ways, the first step in gaining respect, is showing it yourself.

- xTc -
    ,... you know youre right, we do speed (nearly always), we cut, swerve, dash, don't indicate and before I rode bikes (when I trully loved road cars) I actually hated bike riders.
    However, I quickly learn't that in a city like Sydney, you can't afford to be riding at the same speed as cars, thats when you get hit, you blend in and become traffic.... this doesn't apply to all. But the few hundred bikers I know all more than agree; as I was learning and getting my license they actually pointed it out. Whilst it doesn't make it right, on a bike you loose respect for car drivers very quickly. That's not to say everyone does it and coming from a former car lover it is VERY hard to admit, but thats way the cookie crumbles.
    As for earning respect; well sydney siders forgot that ages ago. When my friends and I ride we make habit to have sydney pedestrians as our first priority, they tend to not see us in the CBD. We expect certain things to happen, hence when it does we just let it, no beeping or fingers, just getting out the way, hence the cut thru's etc. My favs are the Taxi brigade.... Sydney presents very different conditions almost from suburb to suburb. I notice this alot more when in places like Brisi or Adelaide....mmm adelaide hills; bikers dream and "spot-light" heaven, you haven't been blinded till a YOOT and 10000watts of Hella driving lights get you right in the eye. - Chris
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts

Well i absolutely LOVE to use my rear foggies... ONLY on FWD w*nkers though...

They pull up behind you or tailgate you & the lights come straight through the back window... *bing* on go the foggies... they very shortly after drop back...

Commonwhores... yeah whats the story!
    206's, i've seen maybe 2 or 3...
    Hyundai's.. well in my old one, the switch was in the middle of the dash, so it took an effort to be a pr*ck!

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    Hyundai's.. well in my old one, the switch was in the middle of the dash, so it took an effort to be a pr*ck!
    You drove a Hyundai??? Of course I use the term "drove" loosely. Should have used tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    There is a Silver C2 driver around North Sydney that I've seen do some pretty stupid things recently. Accelerate towards pedestrians trying to cross the road towards the end of a green walk sign, not give way to traffic whose lane is ending....that sort of thing. A class scumbag in other words.
    Come down to Adelaide..that sort of thing is normal here!
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Wasn't there someone in Adelaide a while back going aroung smashing all the rear foglights of Hyundais?

Quote Originally Posted by adamsclio
    Wasn't there someone in Adelaide a while back going aroung smashing all the rear foglights of Hyundais?
    I havent heard - but it wouldnt supprise me. Hell i'd join in for a bit of fun!

I've only used my rear fog light twice in two years I think. It was only in a pea soup fog on a big downhill stretch of road that's a 90 zone. Mind you everyone does 110+ there. In fog I want to be seen! Other than that I never use mine.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Coming from riding bikes my entire life up till I got hit by a car... as previously mentioned by someone else, while drifting with the traffic...If I were speeding, I would have missed that arse and if I were to crash, it would have been my own fault.

Anyway.

When I see people in front of me with their rear foggies on, I turn on the high beams. Which usually gets them agro when we pull up at the lights. With me (a big, unassuming bloke <whistles>) looking over at them, saying, "The feelings mutual, not turn off your rear fog lights ya knob".

Oncoming traffic is the same thing. If they have their foggies on or high beams. I high beam them back.

Funny thing is, I am really placid on the road. I never yell abuse, I rarely do anything to piss someone off. But I do beep the horm excessively until someone moves.

My most hated thing is people not indicating at all (I must admit, I have never not indicated) or trying to turn left or right where there is a massive sign blaitently saying not to. Horn goes on. Stays on. Until they move.

There is nothing more terrifying then you sitting there, 3 seconds later, you register that the horn that is going off is for you, then you start to panic.

This is my form of road rage. Its non-direct. All the while, there is a smile on my face but the horn is still going. Without having said a word or doing anything illegal. Using my horn, abiding to the law.

But yes, as a motorcyclist. I too did speed, cut through traffic, etc, etc, etc. Why does a dog lick his balls? I only ever cut through traffic when the traffic had stopped. once its going, I get back into the lane though.

I still inidicate (being anal about that) and if someone got upset at me, I just took off again.

I'd have to say though. Sydney is a bad place to drive/ride. No one really gives a shit. Even in my 4X4, people cut me off. come out of T-intersections. Sit up my ass, to which I drop it down a gear and bellow smoke and soot from the ol' girl. If I can't see the persons headlights in my mirror, they're bloody close.

The things we learnt during my bike license tests (many moons ago) was to never trust anyone on the road. pretent none of them know you are there. To which I replied by saying, "Yeah, so fit a really loud exhaust to compete with Mohammad's 18" Subwoofer" AHAH LOL

anyway,

END RANT.

pips

Fellow Frogger!

Default 206 foglights

This sounds fun

Where is the switch for them??

Motorcycles

I used to ride real quick and on racetrack too. I maintain I was safer going slightly quicker than other traffic.

Another thing i found out was if I made eye contact with a car driver at intersection they would pull out in front of me knowing I would take avoiding action. In the end I gave up on eye contact kept aware of them and had less people pulling out.

Spent a total of eight years riding for work as well.

Used to ride on highway one in NZ at night in days when bikes had low powerd lights and car drivers refused to dip even if u repeatly flashed high beam.

Well after several flashes I used to then put my police red flashing lights on and as they passed i then put brake light

Amazing how quick they could find dip switch when red lights flashed.

Graelin

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Its rampant in sydney a veritable army of 306,206,307 drivers always drive with the front foglights on even through the city during the day. Its madness....
    I use my foggies at night because my headlights are so pants.

But I never use the rear ones, I even know where the switch is!!

However, we were stuck behind a Merc the other day with its rear fogs on and by god I thought we were in a scene from Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind! They were brighter than the sun.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Tadpole

As a courier I see way too much. Although the most annoying thing I see from french car drivers is some just seem to have no idea where they're going. The most annoying thing is people stopping/parking in loading zones. When I come across someone doing it, and if they're still in the car, and I need to unload there, I sit behind them and give the horn a blast. They usually move pretty quick. Parking inspectors don't care if your only going to be 5 seconds and neither do I. Oh and I do drive with my headlights on but not the rear fog. I found the best anti tailgateing method on my old VW Service van. If some one disappeared under the rear window I flashed the rear foglight, if that didn't work the rear Ambulance light, work light on tailgate, certainly did.
    Le van man.
    Renault trafic L1H1 comfort. Almost full windows and fully sign written.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information