Anyone going to bid on this today??
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 Anyone going to bid on this today?? Take #2

Is there anybody going to Fowles Auctions in Brisbane today to grab what could be a good Froggy bargain?
    After all, it's not everyday you can buy at an Auction & get a full history on a car is it?

immy's car???????

Alan S

Advertisement
    Last edited by Alan S; 22nd December 2004 at 11:14 PM.
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Anyone go, bid or hear how it all went?

Alan S

Fellow Frogger!

I did intend on going but never made it may try and call them just to see how much it went for

They can get a bit weird about passing on too many details at times so I suggest you ring and tell them you were going to bid on it but was sidetracked and didn't make it to the auction. Give them the lot number and brief description and casually ask what it went for; you might get lucky.
    Don't leave it too long; as soonas all cars are paid for, everything seems to go into the archives. I'm a bit interested myself, just out of curiosity. If it didn't sell, they probably won't admit to it, but keep an eye out for a reappearance either here or at Pickles if that's the case.

Alan S

Action replay;

It's still available!!

http://www.fowles.com.au/auctions/lo...number=1664768

Alan S

Fellow Frogger!

Hehe didnt sell hey you think they would put a reserve on it, or just take what ever comes they way.

If its the second option il be there with my $20 note

Quote Originally Posted by immy s16
    Hehe didnt sell hey you think they would put a reserve on it, or just take what ever comes they way.

If its the second option il be there with my $20 note
    At a guess, I'd say it didn't get too many biites; these kinds of deals often don't.
    It'll pop up again and the 'guy in the straw hat & clipboard' will be trying to run the price up on it. If you know how to handle him, like go along and then make noises like you're going to pull the plug, he'll back off at (my guess) your original thoughts of about $1000.
    Being this time of year, I've noticed in the past, these kind of cars don't sell all that well at auctions anyway and Chooks would know that so my bet is they were just testing the water. Hope they seal that open window off though or it might get cheaper if we get any bad weather.

Alan S

so what exactly is wrong with it. i may go and have a look if somone can give me a rough idea of whats what
    Last edited by orestes; 23rd December 2004 at 08:12 PM.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    so what exactly is wrong with it. i may go and have a look if somone can give me a rough idea of whats what

from memory i think it sucked up some water and may have bent rods

if you got it for the right price then replaced the bent bits you will have a cheap, good S16
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

thanks for the info, i also found the thread. If worst came to worst how much would a new donk cost... if you had to i guess you could use any 306 engine

Check out the online shop here:-

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

I won't promise you'll find them, but when you find the parts, check the price (in UK pounds) and then play it reasonably safe and multiply by 6 and that should be reasonably close to Aussie prices. It can at times be X 10 but mostly 6 or 7 is close, so if a part comes up at say 15 UK pounds, usually you coyuld work on about A$100 to buy out here. If all else fails, look at buying a 'statutory write off' which is unregistereable and pimch the donk out of it, but personally, I'd reckon anyone with any nouse around an engine would be hard pressed to spend $3000; we redid a BX16V engine for less than $2000 as an example, so I couldn't imagine a Pug engine to be that much more expensive as we did a full house overhaul.

Alan S

Not forgetting that it has some mags on it and some brand new (August supply?) Konis.

Fellow Frogger!

My only intrest with the car would be making into a track car, other than that i couldnt be bothered, too much money to spend getting it all perfect again, for eg, after 5 weeks the carpets where still damp, i was due for new cv boots, and the mechanic who took the engine out said 2 engine mounts where broken, Im a bit sciptical on this as there where no vibrations through the car.

I did ring a wrecker who quoted me $3000 for a engine.

The ECU was damaged by water too

If any one does intend on buying the car to use on the road contact me and I can give you further details, but I dont see you getting much change out off $6k and thats after the purchase price.

Thread Information