my puggy in little crash
  • Register
  • Help
    Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Icon9 my puggy in little crash

Just thought I'd let everyone know that a beat up old volvo ran up the back of me this morning on the way to work. Number plate all smashed and bent, rear bumper looks to be pushed in a bit, paint scratched to the buggery. Not happy. Other driver was un-insured...lucky I'M with AAMI! Looks like I will be without my wheels for a good couple of weeks.

Advertisement
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    Just thought I'd let everyone know that a beat up old volvo ran up the back of me this morning on the way to work. Number plate all smashed and bent, rear bumper looks to be pushed in a bit, paint scratched to the buggery. Not happy. Other driver was un-insured...lucky I'M with AAMI! Looks like I will be without my wheels for a good couple of weeks.
    I know how you feel, Stone Free. My DS had the misfortune to be run into by Volvos on three occasions, and one Saab . It was parked at the time of two of the Volvo "hits" and for the Saab . I was stopped at a stop sign for the other Volvo bump up the bum. These Swedish cars seem to favour a stationary or slow moving target. It gives them something easier to aim at I presume.

Commiserations.

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Sorry to hear about that, what a bummer.

And just in time for christmas as well.

Troy.

XTC

Other driver was un-insured...lucky I'M with AAMI!
    That's criminal ... not even 3rd party car ? ...

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Icon2

That is bad. So unlucky hope it all works out well.

Thanks guys... AAMI have been good so far and as it was not my fault then I have no excess to pay or anything. Just the inconvenience of not having a car over the holdiays! Looks like I'll just have to settle for driving my GF's 205 gti for a little while Also, if I get the rear bumper re-sprayed then Brucie Bonus as it was starting to peel (probably from another accident!).

I shudder to think what that poor guy is going to have to pay out of his own pocket for a rear bumper. Serves him right I guess.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Default Insurance

Too bad about the car.
    I thought that it was mandatory to have insurance and that there was a state system by which one was covered anyway. Perhaps that is only for personal injury.
    Insurance is of course a must for anyone, but I don't think that people realise that it is really a safety gap in order to protect one's own value, or capital stock if you like. Now that bastard that hit you is going to lose out far more than was necessary simply because he had no insurance.
    I imagine that he thought he was stopped and you rolled back, ha!
    My

third party insurance is compulsory... you pay it with your registration, it however only covers injury to someone else... third party property is not compulsory and this is what covers others cars and not your own... it is completely legal not to have any insurance to cover the damages to your car or someone else’s, though if you run into someone you pay out of your pocket and if someone runs into you you'd better hope there insured... personally being 20 and having no rating to speak of, I still have some common sense, and enough common sense to know I should have third party property in case of the fact I run up the back of a merc... some people how ever don't have that same common sense and would prefer to pay out of there hip pocket for the rest of there lives (literally).... I had an acquaintance of mine have there car written off by some idiot... the guy got taken to court and all's that was settled out of it that was deemed acceptable by the courts because the toerag had no money was weekly repayments

This sort of thing is crazy. There must be compulsory third party property insurance!
    And there must be some sort of fund to cover the victims of ineligible perpetrators (who were pissed or unregistered).
    Write to your local MP.
    I have. These people, as useless as they are, are our access to government and msut be told.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Bummer.

Make sure you have the state of your exhaust checked from front to back, too, in case that's been damaged in ways that might not be immediately apparent (but which could get expensive later). The attached photo shows the first indication I had, six months later (and also after the RACV found that "my type of car's accident rate in my postcode" [where mine's the only one I ever see] necessitated a premium increase of 17% that naturally had nothing at all to do with my no-fault rear-ender oh no).

Bloody Vovos -- 4WD of the 80s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my puggy in little crash-nqr.jpg  
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

be sure to check under the mat in the rear incase the floor has been damaged, sometimes there can be more damage under than meets the eye!!
    www.jon44w.com

Quote Originally Posted by m3_mok
    be sure to check under the mat in the rear incase the floor has been damaged, sometimes there can be more damage under than meets the eye!!
    It is actually going in for a service on Monday so I'll ask the mechanic to check it out.

Hey guys, just found out that the little love tap is going to cost $2000 to fix. How is that possible?? Thank goodness I'm not paying for it that is all I can say.

Hey guys, just found out that the little love tap is going to cost $2000 to fix. How is that possible?? Thank goodness I'm not paying for it that is all I can say.
    As a copper mate of mine was told by an Insurance company when he got hit by an uninsured driver "When you're not insured; you haven't got a friend in the World!!"

Panel beaters think that way too.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Sometimes karma comes around a lot faster than you might expect. I've told this story before, but not recently and not here, and I figure at this time of the year anyone who's been hit by an uninsured driver needs all the consolation they can get ...

My daughter was living in close to the city and customarily parked her car around the corner from her apartment at the kerb overnight. One morning she came out and found someone had taken the nearby corner a bit romantically during the night and had clipped her car, leaving a bit of bog and purple paint on the rear mudguard which they'd belted in. Someone had seen the offender leaving the scene, and left a note with his number plate on her windscreen, so we duly reported it to the coppers. They listened very sympathetically, but said that if (as they suspected) it turned out that the other driver denied he or she was involved, there wasn't much they could do about it, and if the other driver was uninsured, there wouldn't be much that we'd be able to do about it, either, short of civil proceedings that probably wouldn't gain us anything but a legal bill.

Notified my daughter's insurance company, who reported back that the other driver was uninsured and that sure enough, he'd denied any involvement (but they added that he'd been accused of being involved in similar situations in the past). Thought that was that till a couple of weeks later, when I opened up the morning paper to read a story about a "random" police crackdown on unroadworthy cars in her neighbourhood, and here's a photo of their prime culprit, sitting very sheepishly in his battered, ratty old purple Mazda in front of multiple newspaper and TV cameras, en route to being charged with being an unlicensed driver, over .05, in an unregistered, unroadworthy, uninsured car. The "uninsured" part is really no crime, but the rest of it looked like it was going to be keeping him pretty busy for a long time to pay off.

I may be wrong, but I like to think that I know how he got hauled in on a "random" check ...
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

Mr Berm, You did the right thing in reporting it. Many people think coppers don't care. They give you the official line about not much can be done, but they really look for these guys and get them however they can. That's why you should always be nice the the officers. After all, they are only human (most of the time).
    i'm not strange, everyone else is..........

Quote Originally Posted by mhaf
    Mr Berm, You did the right thing in reporting it. Many people think coppers don't care. They give you the official line about not much can be done, but they really look for these guys and get them however they can. That's why you should always be nice the the officers. After all, they are only human (most of the time).

I agree with that. Mr Plod ( I mean in the nicest way) does what he can mostly. However, no group has perfection in all members.
    My

Before you take out Comprehensive Insurance, go to the crash shop you would like to repair your car and tell them which insurance company you are thinking of insuring with. Then let them tell you if that insurer is o.k.
    Unfortunately there are insurance companies around that good crash repairers won't touch. Be wary of the ones who send you to their 'approved repairers'. The choice of repairer should always be your choice.

A couple of years ago my wife was in the left lane of Wellington road (3 or 4 lanes wide) approaching Princes Hwy on the way out of town. An Indonesian student, bless him, turned from a side road across 4 lanes going the other way, then a median strip then 3 more lanes before t-boning my wifes SAAB convertible. He crossed 7 or 8 lanes safely but like an exocet he found the side of my wifes tiny car in an ocean of clear space. A brilliant effort.
    He wasn't insured. Of course I had recently moved house and the comprehensive insurance hadn't been renewed.
    $16000 damage.
    Praise be to [B]Robyn at Phillips Insurance Brokers[/B] who made sure that my policy appeared current and paid up.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Default No Insurance...

Hi Froggies, the trouble is that most of the time, if the culprit is not insured the chances are that they have no money either. So you can't get any type of satisfaction .
    It's nice to know that the law caught up with that moron who had no lisence, no rego, unroadworthy vehicle etc etc. What a #%@khead!!!
    It's bad enough being ripped off by the Government for every kilometer we drive (petrol taxes etc ) without these Unlawful idiots getting around.

Here's my other rant....
    Those bloody MONKEYBIKES....the 2 stroke things that look like large bikes but smaller...thank CHRIST they have outlawed those damn things.
    Some #%@khead around here was riding one of those along the footpaths at MIDNIGHT recently.
    These things are as loud as chainsaws.
    Just imagine if I decided that MIDNIGHT was a good time to get out my chainsaw and trim the front trees...there would be an outcry. I would be fined by the council / or police for disturbing the peace, yet the police say there's nothing they could do..( that was a few months ago...now that they are outlawed it's thankfully a different story).
    Happy now....
    Cheers...George 1/8th.

Get the golden girl back today. very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mr bern
    being an unlicensed driver, over .05, in an unregistered, unroadworthy, uninsured car. The "uninsured" part is really no crime, but the rest of it looked like it was going to be keeping him pretty busy for a long time to pay off.
    That particular uninsured (weird word to type) is really a crime because it is the compulsory 3rd party personal that comes with rego that would have been missing.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Touché (as we say in English)(!) -- you're right, of course (as they probably say in French).
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

Thread Information