Recommended Gift "Too Fast To Race"-DVD
  • Register
  • Help

Default Recommended Gift "Too Fast To Race"-DVD

To all in Froggy land
    I recently bought myself a copy of a DVD called "Too Fast To Race"; worth every penny of the $45 it cost me.
    Its (a british based) archival and new footage of the GroupB Rally cars, back when they were real rally cars, 4WD Turbo and 500Hp+!!. Features lots of history and great footage. Also has some detail look at the 205T16 rally car and Renault R5 turbo 2. Plus lots of awesome rally machines from Lancia, Audi, Porche and other machines.
    A great watch and a great gift. - Chris

Advertisement
    ... ptui!

Too fast to race is an awesome video! Pitstop (motoring bookshop in Perth) www.pitstop.net.au have just gotten in the 2nd installment of this video - Titled Still too fast to race.

I havent seen it yet but if it's anywhere near as good as the first one it will be worth every penny!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

OOh.. I gotta get that! "Still too fast to race" aye?! Thanks gti138. - Chris
    ... ptui!

It's on my christmas list - I just hope people are reading it!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!

I got it to, albeit not as innocently as others. Masterpiece of motoring film.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Yes, it's a great DVD. Notice in some of the footage, you see how close the cars got to the spectators.

I will have to keep a look out of the second DVD.

Those were awesome machines.

Troy.

Icon1

Also another title that I have seen is called

"The Legend, The Son, The Spirit, Group B The Best of"

a french production but it has no commentary (except at the start in French), no talking no music. Just pure footage of rallies with on the crowd and engine noise.......... Absolute Bliss......

Don't know where you can get it but

Jono
    1989 BX16Valve

"Resting" 1983 505 STi

Fellow Frogger!

im not saddistic or masochistic or any other form of -istic, but i have always wanted to see footage of the 2 accidents that led to the demise of GroupB racing.

Firstly, the crowd of 30 odd people that got run over. Was it through their own stupidity or did the car lose control and spear off into the crowd. But watching some of that footage leaves me scratching my head. Were those fans on drugs or did they simply not understand the closing rate of a car hurtling down on you at 100+ mph.

Secondly, the car plunging off the cliff. Was it really a cliff. Was there an investigation into car safety features.

hmmm, i'm just sad that such an innovative sport got canned.

Quote Originally Posted by XsaraVTS
    Secondly, the car plunging off the cliff. Was it really a cliff. Was there an investigation into car safety features.
    Are you talking about when Henri Toivonen and his navigator got killed when they crashed their Lancia Delta S4 off a hillside in Corsica? The car was completely torched, all that was left was basically a charred space frame. Those guys didn't stand a chance.

I recall that in the S4 the driver/co-driver was basically sitting on the Fuel tank, filled with whatever avgas fuel cocktail they were running at the time. I'd day it was a case of the technology was outpacing the safety features of the cars.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    Are you talking about when Henri Toivonen and his navigator got killed when they crashed their Lancia Delta S4 off a hillside in Corsica? The car was completely torched, all that was left was basically a charred space frame. Those guys didn't stand a chance.
    Troy.
    I reckon I've seen the Henri Toivonen crash - or at least the aftermarth of it. It's like the Ayrton Senna crash - You dont want to see it but you cant really help but watch when you see it.

It's amazing to think that the group b cars are now being outpaced by the WRC cars. The advances in spectator safety I believe are responsible for the fact that no-one has been killed at a WRC event in quite a while.

Thread Information