spoted in brisbane
  • Register
  • Help

Default spoted in brisbane

yesterday, (well today as imstill here) i was in brisbane... bulimbah to be exact and i spoted the following... maroone Mi16 at about 3pm you drive past me while i was in the main street in the newsagency.... white 206... you parked behind me for a secoond whilst i was across the street getting a kebab... was it anyone from here ??

Advertisement

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    yesterday, (well today as imstill here) i was in brisbane... bulimbah to be exact and i spoted the following... maroone Mi16 at about 3pm you drive past me while i was in the main street in the newsagency.... white 206... you parked behind me for a secoond whilst i was across the street getting a kebab... was it anyone from here ??
    Ahhh yes, beautiful downtown Bulimba. Oxford street is the Brisbane East version of Park road Milton, honestly most of the people here would be flat out raising a sweat let alone a finger in friendly gesture, you may get a Billy Idol snear if your lucky

You have probably noticed the 'Place Real Estate' fleet of BRG mini(s) running around or taking up valuable parking spaces, they are all individually numbered big white circle on doors competition style.

Of course I'm being a little harsh, but good luck with anyone acknowledging you in your 205.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood
    Ahhh yes, beautiful downtown Bulimba. Oxford street is the Brisbane East version of Park road Milton, honestly most of the people here would be flat out raising a sweat let alone a finger in friendly gesture, you may get a Billy Idol snear if your lucky

You have probably noticed the 'Place Real Estate' fleet of BRG mini(s) running around or taking up valuable parking spaces, they are all individually numbered big white circle on doors competition style.

Of course I'm being a little harsh, but good luck with anyone acknowledging you in your 205.

Cheers
    Chris
    i couldn't agree with you more about bulimba, i only ever visit that neck of the woods to catch up with one of my friends... just was seeing if the peugeot drivers there were more friendly then the rest of the people there... i've seen those mini's runing around, there kinda cool, but whats the point ??... by the way, it seems that you have/are living in bulimba... hopefully there wasn't to much noise from the party last night

Icon10

i couldn't agree with you more about bulimba, i only ever visit that neck of the woods to catch up with one of my friends... just was seeing if the peugeot drivers there were more friendly then the rest of the people there... i've seen those mini's runing around, there kinda cool, but whats the point ??... by the way, it seems that you have/are living in bulimba... hopefully there wasn't to much noise from the party last night
    yeah, the mini's are kinda' cool, they're just a way of promoting 'Place' check out their offices next time your down this way - looks more like a hairdressing salon all digital TFT screens for pics of homes for sale etc. They have made an absolute killing in the area riding on the real estate boom.

I think I've seen the Mi16, must be a local car, is often parked in the street opposite the newsagent, your more likely to see 206cc's and 307cc's along with the beemers and mercs sporting illegal tint and body kits

So you were the ba$tards playing Tina Arena and ABBA all night he he

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

yeah, the mini's are kinda' cool, they're just a way of promoting 'Place' check out their offices next time your down this way - looks more like a hairdressing salon all digital TFT screens for pics of homes for sale etc. They have made an absolute killing in the area riding on the real estate boom.

I think I've seen the Mi16, must be a local car, is often parked in the street opposite the newsagent, your more likely to see 206cc's and 307cc's along with the beemers and mercs sporting illegal tint and body kits

So you were the ba$tards playing Tina Arena and ABBA all night he he

Cheers
    Chris
    ummm... the only thing close to that that i can recall was the david bowie that got pulled out we didn't get a noise complaint maybe we should have put the britney spears on at full volume
    Last edited by orestes; 12th December 2004 at 07:00 PM.

Icon10

ummm... the only thing close to that that i can recall was the david bowie that got pulled out we didn't get a noise complaint maybe we should have put the britney spears on at full volume
    Nothing wrong with Bowie - he foresaw the Citroen Pluriel with sensodrive....
    "Chu Chu Chu Chu Changes - turn and face the strange"

ummm... no it was when you brought out 'The Pet Shop Boys' that we started to cringe he he, just kidding we live well out of earshot.

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

My brothers mate, and also close family friends is one of the Directors of Place real estate. they have put abit of work into their agencies...and it is paying off

they also do convoys on sunday afternoon's where they all line up together in their mini's and drive through the Brisbane City and Bullimba and West End. usually pull up at James St too.

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    My brothers mate, and also close family friends is one of the Directors of Place real estate. they have put abit of work into their agencies...and it is paying off

they also do convoys on sunday afternoon's where they all line up together in their mini's and drive through the Brisbane City and Bullimba and West End. usually pull up at James St too.
    So with your influence, we might see them upgrade to C4 Coupes in 2005

'Place' certainly know how to market, good on 'em......

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

so how many of you frogers live in or near bulimba ?

Icon10

so how many of you frogers live in or near bulimba ?
    Ohh, only me really, but that's OK - sometimes I organise drive days (not AF sanctioned of course), I email myself, on occasions I don't turn up but that's alright I understand, sometimes things crop up and I can't make it on such short notice

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Ohh, only me really, but that's OK - sometimes I organise drive days (not AF sanctioned of course), I email myself, on occasions I don't turn up but that's alright I understand, sometimes things crop up and I can't make it on such short notice

Cheers
    Chris
    and you didn't spot the 205 4 door doing laps up and down oxford street yesterday ??

I have some friends who live in Bulimba who have a Xsara. They used to have a C5 too but recently traded it in on a Porsche 911. Something he wanted to do while he was still able to I think - and also the squark for the back brakes that Brissie Cit couldn't fix was also getting to him.

Ken W

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W
    I have some friends who live in Bulimba who have a Xsara. They used to have a C5 too but recently traded it in on a Porsche 911. Something he wanted to do while he was still able to I think - and also the squark for the back brakes that Brissie Cit couldn't fix was also getting to him.

Ken W
    Ohh yes the lovely squark, I've noticed if I brake hard'ish when reversing out of our drive, I'll have no squark for the best part of a short journey (exept from the SWMBO), it will come back though must be brake dust trapped, it will also disappear after a good blast of water when washing.

Porsche, yep that would fit in in Oxford street

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W

Ken W
    i had a maroone Xsara with a lady driver following me for the best part of my journey off the gateway arterial to the matilda at hawthorne (i think ??)
    Last edited by orestes; 13th December 2004 at 01:30 PM.

A mate of mine who lives in bulimba used to run Peugeots in the family.

Volvo's hae taken their place now

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Thread Information