Bloody Volvo drivers
  • Register
  • Help

Default Bloody Volvo drivers

Well, the Turbo bug finally bit my brother. He got done in his 850 T5 for doing 175kph (on the Ring Road - how dumb do you have to be...) , blew 0.085 and was on the phone at the time. Tore up licence for 10 months and got $850 fine. I know he is related, but I wonder sometimes... Will do him good - not a very bright thing to have done.

Wasnt you that got him was it Richard?

Advertisement
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

0.085 and he only lost his licence for ten months? At 175?

Oh, I get it... he pleaded insanity as a mitigating circumstance and they accepted it because he owns a Volvo?

Must have been on the phone to his lawyer at the time...

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    Well, the Turbo bug finally bit my brother. He got done in his 850 T5 for doing 175kph (on the Ring Road - how dumb do you have to be...) , blew 0.085 and was on the phone at the time. Tore up licence for 10 months and got $850 fine. I know he is related, but I wonder sometimes... Will do him good - not a very bright thing to have done.

He didn't have the Bee Gees "Stayin Alive" on the stereo at the time - that would complete the picture. I thought that combo would have got a custodial sentence maybe? At least get dragged into court, not dealt with summarily, to get the criminal conviction.

At least, in a Volvo, he was safe...

Barry.

I think he was nice to the cop and the cop was bloody surprised to see a Volvo go that quick. Dont know how he did it, but he got off bloody lightly! I would have thrown the book at him myself. Cant wait for Mum to find out

Simple explanation really I thought.

You'd have to be half pist to drive a Volvo at that speed, so perhaps one thing negated the other..

Alan S

P.S. Why do I cunjure up a vision in my minds eye of a certian gentleman named Justin, wandering around in his 'jamas somewhere in Sweden scratching his bum and logging into this site after the Vlolov Warning Siren whaled and woke the neighbourhood up as soon as the "Magic 'V'ord" appeared on the forum?
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Originally posted by Haakon
    .....Cant wait for Mum to find out
    That kind of sez it all...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    That kind of sez it all...
    Not that he will really care what the olds think, but its going to be funny anyway - just hope I can be there to watch the lecture and laugh my head off at him . But they are used to his antics by now (he is 27, going on 15).

Administrator

No it wasn't me....

I hope the cameras aren't working again....he might get a few more suprises in the mail...

Not safe at any speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    P.S. Why do I cunjure up a vision in my minds eye of a certian gentleman named Justin, wandering around in his 'jamas somewhere in Sweden scratching his bum and logging into this site after the Vlolov Warning Siren whaled and woke the neighbourhood up as soon as the "Magic 'V'ord" appeared on the forum?
    God morgon

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Default Samma

Hur mår du? or Hur går det?
    So you are still in the cold land. I saw that you made it to the Club meeting and were treated as royalty. Are you coming down this way sometime? Remember to ring first. must go now. Send to private mail if you like.
    Fill

XTC

What a goose !!! Hope he likes walking, shame he doesn't have to resit to get the license back

- XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

1000+ Posts

....and was on the phone at the time...
    ...yes, that's what I said. Black silken negligeé....Now I want you to go as fast as you can, baby...

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    ...yes, that's what I said. Black silken negligeé....Now I want you to go as fast as you can, baby...
    LOL Now that is an excuse any decent male copper should accept!

1000+ Posts

Some seem a little to selfrightious. Well, .008 is not that bad (years ago in Austria this was the limit) being on the phone while driving is a no no even hands free. After all 175 or so is not that much in a good car on a freeway.
    I'd reserve judgement till i know traffic and road condition.
    A few years ago i was booked at 140 to 160 up Studley Park RD. in Kew (Melbourne) but it was 2:30AM and no traffic except the cop car 800m behind. So it absolutely was not dangerous driving, just gave the engine a 'clean out'

Fellow Frogger! dave from bendigo's Avatar

One of my mates got done for doing 120 in a mighty boy, I think he deserves a medal for actually surpassing 110 in a mighty boy. Also on the issue I think people should be fined for travelling to slow, I was stuck behind a car doing 70 for half an hour on the calder freeway.
    "Some minds are like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set."

Quote Originally Posted by Filldebin
    Hur mår du? or Hur går det?
    So you are still in the cold land. I saw that you made it to the Club meeting and were treated as royalty. Are you coming down this way sometime? Remember to ring first. must go now. Send to private mail if you like.
    Fill
    Det är bra

Om du kann åka till Uppsala idag, kan du fika med oss på Västgöta Det finns ochså en Aussiefrogger från Australien, som har rest till Sverige nyligen.

Jag är osäkert när jag ska komma till Falkenberg, men det ska jag göra nästa år

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo
    Well, .008 is not that bad (years ago in Austria this was the limit)
    It was the limit in most states of Australia too at first. Its clearly a high enough amount to precipitate the doing of really dumb things in a Volvo!

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo
    After all 175 or so is not that much in a good car on a freeway.'
    The ring road is NOT a freeway! Its a deathtrap of a road full of vehicles travelling at differing speeds with lots of entrance and exit points, inadequate space for avoiding propblems, blind sections where you can't see vehicles entering properly, thousands of trucks dropping diesel on the road especially around the Hume entrance and exit causing mayhem whenever it rains, perpetual roadworks etc etc.

Lots of nasty accidents on the ring road caused by people who believe its a freeway. I have to drive on this road fairly frequently. The longer drunken volvo drivers travelling at high speed using mobile phones can be kept away from it the better as far as I'm concerned!

Cheers
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

rek

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    I was thinking more of a silhouette of the Volvo logo shining onto the clouds one dark and foreboding night ...

... to the Bat-Volvo!
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

Sounds like you've been considering this for a while, Rod...

Tell me, which road is it? The one from the Tullamarine to up Broadmeadow way?

I can just imagine the traffic and problems on that road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Sounds like you've been considering this for a while, Rod...

Tell me, which road is it? The one from the Tullamarine to up Broadmeadow way?

I can just imagine the traffic and problems on that road.
    Its the ring road that passes to the north of Melbourne, connecting the major arterials to Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo, the Tullamarine Freeway, and the Hume, and ending up in my own neck of the woods at the Greensborough ByPass, Ray . Multi-lane, but built down to a price rather than up to the standards necessary for something that has such a hefty job to do. For me, its my regular route to the airport.

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Yeah, that's the one I thought it must have been...

Full of trucks day and night, and a nightmare where it crosses the Hume, a shame when they don't do the job right to begin with.

Thread Information