BX resale; no good hey?
  • Register
  • Help

Icon12 BX resale; no good hey?

In the UK they can't believe this is for real, but if it is, it's gotta be a Guinness Book of Records job.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nice car all the same.

Alan S

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    In the UK they can't believe this is for real, but if it is, it's gotta be a Guinness Book of Records job.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nice car all the same.

Alan S
    That's insane Alan, maybe your prediction of the BX becoming collectable is not far from the truth. Something doesn't ring true though that equates to something like $27,000 Aus

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Dare I say the owner might have to reissue the advert.
    the buyer is from Singapore, and has bid on 7 items and retracted 6,

with 6 negative comments....

The bidding history goes like this... 100 then 20 pound increments till 500, then mystery bid of 9000 pounds, followed by 9100.
    Last two bids by people from Singapore, both no longer registered, both with almost perfect strike rate of negative comments.
    Last edited by tekkie; 10th November 2004 at 06:15 PM.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by tekkie
    Dare I say the owner might have to reissue the advert.
    the buyer is from Singapore, and has bid on 7 items and retracted 6,

with 6 negative comments....

The bidding history goes like this... 100 then 20 pound increments till 500, then mystery bid of 9000 pounds, followed by 9100.
    Last two bids by people from Singapore, both no longer registered, both with almost perfect strike rate of negative comments.
    Thanks tekkie, hope the owner hasn't started to spend his windfall
    Nice car though 4WD certainly would be rare even in the UK.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

* people from Guiness Book of Records are holding their breath until the false bids are removed officially. *

500 pounds would be a bit of a bargain though. The car looks clean enough.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

Believe me, in the UK it created a lot of hilarity with the average price of a BX being somewhere in the region of the value of the petrol in the tank.

Alan S

nJm

Yup, and there are plenty around. Maybe it is due to a lack of exposure to our sun, but I saw heaps of BXs around London when I was there for a month last year. I'd be a little concerned about rust though, any car of that age over there could have a bit of it. I know 405's certainly started to rust away pretty quickly over there.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    Yup, and there are plenty around. Maybe it is due to a lack of exposure to our sun, but I saw heaps of BXs around London when I was there for a month last year. I'd be a little concerned about rust though, any car of that age over there could have a bit of it. I know 405's certainly started to rust away pretty quickly over there.
    This is the comical part. The BXs are very rust resistant mainly due to the % of plastics and treated metals apart from the pipes on the hydraulics which were also plastic covered in later models.
    The old BX over there is a great buy because of it's lack of "street cred" as the riceboys call it and the ones who know the cars are laughing all the way to the bank as they pick up all these absolute dolls of cars for next to nix and get stellar miles out of them whilst the members of the brain dead generation keep telling them how unreliable they are whilst they continue to buy new cars and replace them time after time whilst the wiley BX drivers just keep on going and going with a minumum of fuss and a car full of features the new cars these others are buying and promoting are progressively starting to offer as features.
    I'll tell you something; if I could get that 4 X 4 over here, I'd be a very happy little Vegemite. I reckon for our conditions, they would be a pearl.

Alan S

Thread Information