Renault magazines
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault magazines

I've just returned from a month travelling around Europe and discovered lots of great French car magazines in the newsstands. Plenty of Citroen magazines but none for Peugeot enthusiasts. One new Renault mag is called 1093, does anyone know the significance of this number? It seems the mag has only been started this year and is published each two months, I bought editions 4 and 5. I will find out the publishers is anyone in interested.

I went with Wal Glading's Peugeot clubs tour of Europe so we visited Paris Motor Show, Peugeot factory and museum in Sochaux and the Schlumpf Museum in Mulhouse. All great experiences, though the motor show was so crowded I could hardly breathe!

Advertisement
    1976 Renault 12 1.4 wagon (Bright yellow)
    1998 Peugeot 306 XSi (white) (past)
    2006 Peugeot 307 XS HDi Touring (dark grey) (past)
    2018 Peugeot 308 HD BlueHDi Touring (Platinum Grey) (current)
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Mixte bicycles
    1970s Peugeot folding bicycle
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Gents bicycles
    Other French bikes (Gitane and Motobecane)

The 1093, that is R1093 was the Dauphine Gordini rally\lemans model designation.

It was the original Renault performance spec car that the enthusist could buy to drive\race.

From memory was uprated Gordini motor, 5 speeds and 4 wheel disc. Others may be able to add\correct.

Tony

Fellow Frogger!

where'd you find the mag (1093)? does it have good stuff in it?

750 Sport is correct, the 1093, for the model number, not the engine capacity, was introduced in 1961 until 1964. It had a high compression Dauphine G motor producing 55bhp, 12V ignition, and as stock a Dauphine G fourspeed box with re-arranged ratios and choice of two diffs. Early cars had finned drums and later cars (1963) have four wheel discs.

Apparently the Geoghagen brothers imported one to Australia in the early 1960's but because the model wasn't sold in AUS it seems it was ineligible to be used in Australian production car racing. If anybody knows more let us know. It seems only assorted parts now remain.

I found the 1093 magazine in France and it is written in French. There is also a related magazine by the same group, called "mille Miles Alpine magazine" Both seem to be very interesting publications, though you will need a French/English dictionary to translate the articles. The two editions I bought had tribute articles to the R8G 40th anniversary.
    The address of both mags is 48-50, boulevard Senard, 92210 Saint-Cloud, France.
    1976 Renault 12 1.4 wagon (Bright yellow)
    1998 Peugeot 306 XSi (white) (past)
    2006 Peugeot 307 XS HDi Touring (dark grey) (past)
    2018 Peugeot 308 HD BlueHDi Touring (Platinum Grey) (current)
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Mixte bicycles
    1970s Peugeot folding bicycle
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Gents bicycles
    Other French bikes (Gitane and Motobecane)

Thread Information