Spotted in "The Australian" today...
  • Register
  • Help

Icon10 Spotted in "The Australian" today...

Made me laugh!

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spotted in "The Australian" today...-aust1.jpg  
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Well after reading the last paragraph, all I can say is that there are some people in this World who we might spend our lives trying to decide whether they are absolute idiots or not whilst others open their mouths and remove all doubts.
    That is one of the latter. They love to hear themselves talk regardless of whether they are talking from experience or as in this case, old wives tales.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I sort of hoped that his comments were tongue-in-cheek, but I'm not really familiar with his writing style, so he may have been serious. Worst part about it is many people will take him seriously!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    I sort of hoped that his comments were tongue-in-cheek, but I'm not really familiar with his writing style, so he may have been serious. Worst part about it is many people will take him seriously!
    Oooh... must get me one of those duffle coats and cough cough a nice pipe, quite funny though

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    I suppose in all reality, it's no worse than some of the comments that some of the types post on here at times; maybe he's a member?? (you look & I'll point!!)

Alan S

If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I'm sure he's right about Porsche unreliability, though...

nJm

Time for me to take up Ballet I guess?

One of the reasons I bought a Peugeot for my first car is because I didn't want to be a stereo typical aussie guy
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

XTC

jc = jimmie cricket ? Cause his advice is about as real as Jimmie himself (sorry to shatter the dreams of anyone out there who thought he was real).

- XTC -

1000+ Posts

I wonder what driving a Mitsubishi colt does?

But my first purchase was a Renault... hmmm size 12 ballet shoes?

Thread Information