Vruuoommm!! Was that a Peugeot?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Vruuoommm!! Was that a Peugeot?

I think we may have seen this before, but for those who haven't:

http://www.fast-autos.net/peugeot/peugeot907.html

Alan S

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts

hmmmm did someone say Chrysler Crossfire :|

i know i'll get slapped for it, but its lookin too much like a crossfire for my liking...

I like it......crossfire ...I don t think so....although may have been designed with americans in mind...carries certain stingray feel to it...obviously euro chick with some italianette/mid-west usa thrown at it.......like I said....I like it....

cheers

dino

I like the looks of the 907, V12 engine and hundreds of kw, don't think it looks like a Crossfire at all, besides I like the retro look of the Crossfire
    2007 VW Jetta 2.0 TDi 6sp manual

2001 VW Bora 4-Motion - flooded away
    1998 Peugeot 406 SV manual - Gone to Hail Heaven
    1994 Silver S16 - Gone
    1983 505 Sti - Gone to good home

1000+ Posts

Utterly pointless car.

Peugeot make too many concept cars we never actually see in production (not that this would make any sense to produce).

I just don't see the point.

I guess it looks good..... but?

Maybe they should spend less time on these things, and more time trimming the 407's front overhang or something? *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Utterly pointless car.

Peugeot make too many concept cars we never actually see in production (not that this would make any sense to produce).

I just don't see the point.

I guess it looks good..... but?

Maybe they should spend less time on these things, and more time trimming the 407's front overhang or something? *shrug*
    Hmmm... who forgot their happy pills this morning??

Pointless how so?

There are many cars that actually make it into production that I might regard as pointless but others see as their ideal and vice versa *shrug*. These concepts test market reactions, elements of which do make it into production, this is not limited to styling but ergonomics, drivelines, suspensions and sheer practicalities, etc etc.,- but you knew that when you posted your throw away line *shrug* *whatever* *shrug* shrug*

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts

Yeah I guess so.

There is always a purpose to such adventures - still think its slightly dubious in this case though. But the 907 is a long, long way from real Peugeot's. But perhaps thats the whole idea...

It did'nt have a big impact at the French show though, because of its lack of relevence perhaps. But then I guess that answers they're market testing question.

I think the cars they hard last year (or year before), the ones named after cards.... umm there was a diesel one and a petrol one? They were far more interesting IMHO. Apologies for the aimless rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov

I think the cars they hard last year (or year before), the ones named after cards.... umm there was a diesel one and a petrol one? They were far more interesting IMHO. Apologies for the aimless rant.
    Ahh yes, The Spades and Diamonds 2002 I think, beautiful and maybe not so head in the clouds as the 907, you could imagine these making it to the road.
    http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...eneva_2002/05/

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Spades and Diamonds concept cars looked great and would IMHO a viable production model but would probably need a more powerful motor to be competitive today...say the V6 from the 406 (150kw+)
    2007 VW Jetta 2.0 TDi 6sp manual

2001 VW Bora 4-Motion - flooded away
    1998 Peugeot 406 SV manual - Gone to Hail Heaven
    1994 Silver S16 - Gone
    1983 505 Sti - Gone to good home

1000+ Posts

Yeah they are the ones.

They would have been great in production. Looked great, performed very nicely (esp the diesel) etc etc. And highly original.

Whereas the 907 looks kinda like a Ferarri rather than a Peugeot, and has a V12, which is really the province of other makers. For me, the 907 did'nt really seem to advance the game much. Although it was probably a good exercise for training engineers etc.

Thread Information