Ari Vatanen's Climb Dance
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Default Ari Vatanen's Climb Dance

I just saw it for the first time today. It was almost a religious experience That guy has conjones the size of melons. The best bit would have to be when he takes one hand off the wheel to shield his eyes from the harsh sun shining smack bang in the middle of the windscreen as he comes over a crest entering a corner at insane speed.

I had heard though that there's some video that shows his feet dancing from pedal to pedal..or is that another video, or someone different?

Advertisement
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Cal

There is definately footage of his feet at one point in Climb Dance.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Fellow Frogger!

I've seen the video many times but where can I get a copy to keep for myself? Anyone now where I can get a dvd or something (other than the World's Greatest Rally Cars DVD which is only worth the ending with the footage).

Fellow Frogger!

i have a copy of it that i burnt about two months ago sitting on top of my pc at the moment. i've only watched it a couple of times.
    if you don't have a broard band connection, don't bother trying to download it, it takes too long. just get someone with broard band to do it for you, or do what i did and download it at uni.
    i gave it a 20 or 30 second head start and it had finished loading before i finished watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    There is definately footage of his feet at one point in Climb Dance.

Cal.
    I watched the copy I have several times and it didn't have it. The copy I have is titled 'Course de Pikes Peak' and starts off with the movie awards it received. It's a 66.1 Mb mpeg file I downloaded..doh that sucks if it's not the whole thing.

- 306 gti6

1000+ Posts

I've got the original Peugeot VHS version and I'm sure it shows the feet, but only for a very short period.

I've got the whole thing if your intersted. I can bring it round on a DVD if you like Jude - or I can give it to you when we catch up next.

EDIT:

Oh I've also got Too fast to race and a couple of other rally videos that feature the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (and the 405 - which was the same car but just re-skinned!) Let me know and you can have em
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Mike, you're a legend! Yeah that'd be great. I want to catch up with you guys to find out all about how Mallala went too. Let me know when you're free and I'll come around and grab it off you. Thanks heaps.

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    Mike, you're a legend! Yeah that'd be great. I want to catch up with you guys to find out all about how Mallala went too. Let me know when you're free and I'll come around and grab it off you. Thanks heaps.
    Maybe we should catch up this weekend for a beer and counter meal at a pub up in the hills somewhere

Mallala was great - lost the car a couple of times but the great thing about doing it on a race track is the only thing you hurt is your pride
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!

That sounds fantastic. I'll be free during either day so give me a buzz if you've got time free.

Can't wait to take the '6 out on the track. With my previous corolla, I remember many hairy moments, especially one when I locked my brakes up completely at the end of the main straight at eastern ck and I ran off the track. Yup hurt my pride..oh and the sizeable flatspot on the near-new tyres rendered them useless.

- 306 gti6

I don't know if it's possible or not... but I downloaded Climb Dance via a dial-up... took about eight hours IIRC!

Channel 9 used to play this as their favourite filler in delays in Grand Prix telecasts. They said it was their most requested filler...

Cal

If anyone wants to buy an original copy of Climb Dance on VHS, Peugeot dealers sell it.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Fellow Frogger!

I excitedly rang 2 of the Peugeot dealers nearest to me but they apparently do not stock it anymore :-( let hope a DVD comes out soon.

Apparently Peugeot Australia were ringing the delaerships asking if they had a copy a few months ago.

I remember Peugeot played the video at the Melbourne Motorshow last year.

There was a copy or two of the VHS on ebay last week, haven't checked to see if they are still there. But might be a place to keep an eye open for it.

Jono
    1989 BX16Valve

"Resting" 1983 505 STi

there was a thread a while ago that had a link for the download. Not sure if its there anymore, but it might be worth doing a search

Fellow Frogger!

found the links, a few of them. i've actually seen it before, but I want my own copy to keep on VHS or DVD

Right down the bottom of the page, 4 links to dowload the movie if you like.

http://www.rallybc.com/html/videos.html
    1995 306 XR

Ok I just downloaded and watched another 'film' called Rendezvous by Claude Lelouch. If you thought Climb dance was insane, you've got to see this. It's apparently all real..a 9 minute insane high speed roar in an old Ferrari through the streets of Paris at dawn. The camera's strapped to the front of the bumper somewhere, and how he doesn't have an accident or kill anyone running through all those red lights and narrowly missing pedestrians..I don't know how. Completely insane and idiotic but still compelling to watch. Ari vatanen was brave..but this guy in the ferrari is a certifiable loony.

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th
    found the links, a few of them. i've actually seen it before, but I want my own copy to keep on VHS or DVD
    keep an eye out on ebay for it, however i think most peugeot dealers have a VHS copy of it for sale, give them a call

Hey jatsanis, where did you download the 'Rendezvous '' vid from?

Ok I just downloaded and watched another 'film' called Rendezvous by Claude Lelouch. If you thought Climb dance was insane, you've got to see this. It's apparently all real..a 9 minute insane high speed roar in an old Ferrari through the streets of Paris at dawn. The camera's strapped to the front of the bumper somewhere, and how he doesn't have an accident or kill anyone running through all those red lights and narrowly missing pedestrians..I don't know how. Completely insane and idiotic but still compelling to watch. Ari vatanen was brave..but this guy in the ferrari is a certifiable loony.
    Can't believe it took you that long to see Pike's Peak and this Ferrari run.

i saw that ferrari run ling ago, but still its insane.

Originally posted by jastanis
    .....a 9 minute insane high speed roar in an old Ferrari through the streets of Paris at dawn.....
    It wasn't an old Ferrari when the film was made...

do u hear Getaway in Stockholm??

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

1000+ Posts

I saw a "backed up" DVD with the Rendezvous...
    They're not 100% sure it was a ferrari, but Claude had one at the time & sounds like one... Also its an F1 driver that did the driving apparently...

I've got both vids in high quality DivX along with other assorted goodies of my own filming!
    Soon to be added to by a 182 Motor khana event!!!

Next frog day i'll bring some backups for offsite storage if anyone will help me!

Dude - I have all these on DVD. Including Getaway in Stockholm. I can lend you them when I catch up with you this weekend. I get most of my car DVD's from Pitstop bookshop in Perth (www.pitstop.net.au)

About Rendezvous - The rumour is that Lelouch got Jacky Ickx to do the driving - that's unconfirmed though!

Some of my dvd's that I have are below.

Formula 1 - Season 2000 highlights
    Murray Walker's F1 greats
    Getaway in stockholm
    WRC 2002 - Reloaded
    WRC 2003 - Showdown
    In car 956 (porsche)
    C'etait un Rendezvous
    Worlds Greatest Rally Cars
    Too Fast to Race (Group B Rally Cars)
    Plus others!
    Last edited by gti138; 20th October 2004 at 06:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information