Overseas car hire and peugeot's buy-back scheme
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Icon5 Overseas car hire and peugeot's buy-back scheme

Hey guys and gals, I want to hire a car for a month to tour Britain and I was thinking of getting a Pug 307 Diesel Wagon.

Anyone know if the Peugeot buy-back scheme applies for car hire in Britain? Is it only for LHD cars?

Advertisement

I've tried researching the peugeot site and it's a bit vague.

Also I didn't get around to getting an international drivers license. Can that be obtained over here?

Regards from Graham
    (in Marseilles)

Fellow Frogger!

I've not heard much about the Pug buy-back, but if you're not fixated on getting a Pug, try the Renault Eurodrive, which is effectively a lease and all you pay for on top of the lease is fuel. Comes with warranty, roadside assist, insurance, rego etc.

However, note that it's only a cheaper alternative to car hire if you're doing it for more than 17 days or something like that. They do have pick up and drop off points all over Europe and Britain is one of them.

1000+ Posts

Graham,

It's expensive, and it's LHD only. It'd be cheaper to pick up the car in France and take it across yourself on a ferry. Alternatively, hire something like a Focus from a hire company in the UK, as it'd be heaps cheaper (you're over 25 I assume!) It is cheaper for u25's to lease a Peugeot Sodexa/Renault EuroDrive/Citroen Eurodrive car than to hire in the UK.

The last thing is, I think all these lease programs have a requirement that you organise the car from your home country. None of the lease programs require you to have an international licence to drive their cars, but individual countries may.

Derek.

Cal

I leased a 307 SW wagon in France last year. I had it for month and it was quite good value I thought. Why not just take it over to the UK with you? Don't worry about an international drivers licence, you don't require one.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by graham66
    Hey guys and gals, I want to hire a car for a month to tour Britain and I was thinking of getting a Pug 307 Diesel Wagon.

Anyone know if the Peugeot buy-back scheme applies for car hire in Britain? Is it only for LHD cars?

I've tried researching the peugeot site and it's a bit vague.

Also I didn't get around to getting an international drivers license. Can that be obtained over here?

Regards from Graham
    (in Marseilles)

Hi Graham

As the others have said, Peugeot Eurolease is available in the UK BUT the cars are left hand drive, and by the time you pay the pick-up and drop off fees the cost will be prohibitive. If you are keen on the lease best to pick up the car in France and take it over and back on the ferry. You would need to arrange it from this end.

Better for you just to rent something in the UK. Something like a F--D Mondeo is NZD$83.00 per day all inclusive

There is no need for an International Driving Permit over there.

Cheers

Tony
    (a Travel Agent for the last 15 years!)
    95 MI16
    71 404 U10 ute
    66 404 coupe
    55 203C (gently warmed) gone... sold...

Thread Information