FTP server for Aussie Frogs
  • Register
  • Help

Default FTP server for Aussie Frogs

Hi Guys,

Advertisement

I have a spare server sitting at home that can be a dedicated FTP for aussie frogs. It has static IP and I can setup a domain name for it. Would be good to get some manuals and anything to do with froggies (pugs )
    up live to share around.

Are you interested??

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hi Guys,

I have a spare server sitting at home that can be a dedicated FTP for aussie frogs. It has static IP and I can setup a domain name for it. Would be good to get some manuals and anything to do with froggies (pugs )
    up live to share around.

Are you interested??
    sharing of things such as haynes manuals would be a violation of copyright laws. If this was also asociated with aussiefrogs both aussie frogs and the FTP server in question would be quite legitamtely shut down for good. As well as this there would be more then a nice slap on the wrist for the owner of AF and anyone else ascoiated with the coypright violations . This is all well and good when you want to foot the blame for it if you get caugght out, and keep it as a private server that isn't asociated with AF. But if it were associated with aussie frogs, who do you think would take most of the blame. All this said i'm not having a go at you i'm just reminding you of the legal legitamacy of something such as this. Also all of this it would be fine to host anything on it that you wanted, just not copyrighted materal etc...
    Last edited by orestes; 12th August 2004 at 06:00 PM.

1000+ Posts

Are you sure you want to do it? The forum server does 30GB+ outbound traffic a month as it is... and it's primarily text. You might be in for a nice surprise if you're putting PDF's etc.

I also think what orestes' raised is a valid concern.

Derek.

just host them on an otherseas sever..
    oh gees what a paper poooper...

Is the Server Local of Otherseas?? if so or not, Use an otherseas server... This affiliation is registered in Oz, Good luck as in no one would be stuffed putting together a legal case to treverse the international copyright laws and pinning it on someone..

The Internet is (ab)user friendly you know..

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Default Ftp

I know there may be some concerns, but....

The server would only be accessible to OZ frog members through SSL logins. And no one would really care about it. The most anyone would get is a slap over the wrist!! It would be only for articles and manuals or anything to do with Cars. Any sharing of programs would be strictly prohibited. No one cares about docs, pdfs and pics with all the software sharers out there. We would not even register on the map. I will push it past my solicitor tomorrow morning see what he thinks.

As for server bandwidth. My main profession is IT. I host many of my own client's web sites and email. I have 1500mbps DL and 512Kbps UP. Not a problem at all including the fact that there is no DL or UPLOAD limit. I will be upgrading later this year to a dual opteron web server with masses of space (2-3TB). At this stage I only have 300GB left of HDD space, a hundred of which I need to reserve, otherwise I am happy to lend a fair wack of the rest out to OZ frogs.

If you are still opposed then I will withdraw the offer otherwise perhaps trial it for perhaps a month????

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I know there may be some concerns, but....

The server would only be accessible to OZ frog members through SSL logins. And no one would really care about it. The most anyone would get is a slap over the wrist!! It would be only for articles and manuals or anything to do with Cars. Any sharing of programs would be strictly prohibited. No one cares about docs, pdfs and pics with all the software sharers out there. We would not even register on the map. I will push it past my solicitor tomorrow morning see what he thinks.

As for server bandwidth. My main profession is IT. I host many of my own client's web sites and email. I have 1500mbps DL and 512Kbps UP. Not a problem at all including the fact that there is no DL or UPLOAD limit. I will be upgrading later this year to a dual opteron web server with masses of space (2-3TB). At this stage I only have 300GB left of HDD space, a hundred of which I need to reserve, otherwise I am happy to lend a fair wack of the rest out to OZ frogs.

If you are still opposed then I will withdraw the offer otherwise perhaps trial it for perhaps a month????

sounds good to me, i jsut had a concern over wether or not it would be legitamte to host things suck as manuals... but hey i'm not even anyone realted with moderating,administrating or owning this site so in the end my opinion really meens nothing.

Thread Information