Comprehensive Insurance
  • Register
  • Help

Default Comprehensive Insurance

Does anyone know of a good insurance underwriter or something like that. I'm getting screwed on all the quotes I've received thus far.

Advertisement

Cheers.

1000+ Posts

Ummm what are your details?

Age?
    Car?
    Any losses of licence?

I'm 25, with a RSC, no history, no offences, & NRMA was $1,000...
    Most others were $3,500-$5,000

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

I've gone with AAMI only because of their reduced premium thingy they do. Only thing is my excess is $2000 but my annual cover is only $450 (50% off). So long as I am careful, no drama
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Fellow Frogger!

Try people like Just Car they are pretty good, I have got insurance through CGU, insurance companies recently had some sort of shake up to make insurance cheaper but it has not happened with all companies, I'm 24 and my 205 GTi costs me $650 a year comprehensive. It depends as said above on age, driving history, type of car etc. There has been a thread on this before do a search for insurance and there should be a number of insurers listed in the threads.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    Ummm what are your details?

Age?
    Car?
    Any losses of licence?

I'm 25, with a RSC, no history, no offences, & NRMA was $1,000...
    Most others were $3,500-$5,000

27yrs old male
    RSC 02
    No losses of licence (does 1 month suspension count?) NRMA was 1300 for me, but I do live in LEichhardt and will be parking on street.

Cal

I've both the MX5 (unlimited mods) and the Mi16 (no mods) on the same policy with Shannons. I'm 29 with a rating 1. Annual premium for both is $904.

Cheers,

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Quote Originally Posted by janus
    Does anyone know of a good insurance underwriter or something like that. I'm getting screwed on all the quotes I've received thus far.

Cheers.
    Rather than get peoples opinions on insurance it is way better to let a professional do it for you. Use a broker & you will be surprised how much they can save you especially if you have more than one car & develop a relationship with them over the years. Our broker has consistently provided better quotes for all our vehicles. We still ring around to test he is working though & the savings are incredible. We have 6 cars currently insured through some obscure SA company which charges us $1500 less than the next cheapest. A massive saving. Let them do the hard work. The money you pay them is small compared to the savings. Thats my worth!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

after seeing this thread I tried out just cars and man the premium!!!! almost fell off my chair.

...........$3313

Any others that offer a better option? The only really big extra is the sound system other than that the car is stock!!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    after seeing this thread I tried out just cars and man the premium!!!! almost fell off my chair.

...........$3313

Any others that offer a better option? The only really big extra is the sound system other than that the car is stock!!
    What are you driving [email protected]?

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    What are you driving [email protected]?

Troy.
    A '95 405 SRDT... why so damn expensive????

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    A '95 405 SRDT... why so damn expensive????
    Ouch, that is a lot money for a diesel 405, for any 405. Did they give you any reason why it would be so expensive?

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    Ouch, that is a lot money for a diesel 405, for any 405. Did they give you any reason why it would be so expensive?

Troy.
    Nope!! I have a clean record. The only two things I could attribute it to is the fact that it is turbo charged (it is a diesel though imagine it without a turbo) or that it has a custom sound system. They did ask me about that, and how much it cost.

Might try NRMA maybe they'll be a little or a lot better.

NRMA are the best i`m

22 male
    206gti180
    clean record

comprehensive insurance $1500
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Fellow Frogger!

try GIO and RACV(NRMA I suppose), I'm 27, RSC 02 - $900++. GIO includes free windscreen every year and rating 1 protection.

Ring, ring, ring, ring, & ring and eventually you'll get an acceptable result.
    I have a clean record, locked garage, bush address and approaching geriatricy and I get a BX 16V for $330 a year off Shannons.
    In years gone by, I've had premiums quoted that were multiples of others in fact at one stage I had one car insured with RACQ and the other with AAMI because if I'd have swapped the cars for the companies I was using, my premiums would have quadrupled.
    Some companies have a better run with some brands & models than others; all you have to do is find which one suits your breed.
    As far as brokers go; it's alright if you can trust them. When I was at the gold Coast I heard of one horror story where a woman went to a major Insurer for a quote based on her insurance history. She was told to go to her previous insurer (for about 7 years) and get a written history of her insurance record. She nearly flipped when she discovered that the company concerned had never heard of her.
    Turns out the broker was gambling on her keeping the clean record she had and was pocketing the premiums. If she'd had a bingle, he obviously intended trying to lay off the policy to anyone that may take it, along with a couple more as incentive. Others have found themselves with a good company one year and covered by "dodgy brothers Inc. Insurance" the next. They worry me, but I may just have a suspicious nature..

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Default Finally

Hey guys finally found a good insurer. Advanced No claim bonus 50% windscreen replacement option no excess, cheapest excess for under 25 all up and insures all mods. I recommend GIO wellover the others!!!

Thread Information