Do you get hassled
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Icon5 Do you get hassled

Hi Folks

I was wondering if many of you guys with hot pugs or even old pugs get hassled by the coppers? I have never really had any trouble myself. However, I noticed in Melbourne recently that around Nunawading there seem to be a lot of cars getting slapped with canaries!

Tell me what your experience has been.

Advertisement

Als

Quote Originally Posted by AlsPug504
    Hi Folks

I was wondering if many of you guys with hot pugs or even old pugs get hassled by the coppers? I have never really had any trouble myself. However, I noticed in Melbourne recently that around Nunawading there seem to be a lot of cars getting slapped with canaries!

Tell me what your experience has been.

Als
    i've had a few coppers look at me sideways in my 205 4 door... one the other day at about 10 in the morning pulled me over and decided to do a breathe test on me ...at 10 am in the morning ... after that he had a good look over my car and a bit of a poke at me for not having my sticker on the front... allthough i know its perfectly legal to have it on the side fixed window... then had a good look at my liscense before he let me go... you would think he was looking at a reason to give me an infringment
    Last edited by orestes; 1st August 2004 at 09:40 PM.

man the cops will defect that 4 door 205 for uglyness LOL .

I've never had any issues with the cops! But yeah so many cars have canaries in melb these days, its the latest & most popular car mod

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    man the cops will defect that 4 door 205 for uglyness LOL .

I've never had any issues with the cops! But yeah so many cars have canaries in melb these days, its the latest & most popular car mod
    thanks asanka i love you to.... .... actually i've never been pulled up by the cops except for that one ocasion .... and i think that was a random breath test more then anything else .... also you can't knock a 4 door 205... there more rare then a 205 GTI and 205's were never designed by pinafarina to have 4 doors... you may find that you'd get just as much money for a decent 4 door in australia as you do for a GTI due to the rarity value
    Last edited by orestes; 30th July 2004 at 08:20 PM.

Get your hand off the 4 door thing.
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Quote Originally Posted by cam85
    Get your hand off the 4 door thing.
    just because you don't want it doesnt meen somone else doesn't cam

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

No, never been hassled, even in my awful looking Mazda 929 which was far from roadworthy. When I lived in Perth though...another story all together!! WA cops are bored with nothing else to do except pull over drivers to while away their days.

I think that if the car was riced up though it would get a bit more attention.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    thanks asanka i love you to.... .... actually i've never been pulled up by the cops except for that one ocasion .... and i think that was a random breath test more then anything else .... also you can't knock a 4 door 205... there more rare then a 205 GTI and 205's were never designed by pinafarina to have 4 doors... you may find that you'd get just as much money for a decent 4 door in australia as you do for a GTI due to the rarity value

And in fact they were never designed by Pininfarina but by Gerard Welter.
    He did a very good job too!
    Graham

Icon10

Not sure about pugs but Citroens seem to be invisible to plod.

More than often I have been just waved through random breath testing stations in both my old CX and now in the XM. On a rare occasion when I was actually stopped the helpful officer gave me his expert opinion that the funny noise on my CX was the fan belt.

Also invisable to the Excel rice brigade who refuse to believe that they could be holding up the Citroen behind them!

Am I tempting fate or what!

I have coppers following me quite regularly. One did quite close for about 10 mins???

For some reason after I got the chevoits this seems to be more often.

In all honesty it probably the silly TYPE R sticker on the back.

If they did pull me over, it would be good by pug. Cars with no carpet(heater malfunction/leak caused by me) and no spare wheel don't often get full marks. People have heard enough about my paint job

I have no idea weather my accelerator pedal is legal or not.

The fact thats its often loaded up with less than charming/quiet lads helps no end. The added weight also puts the rear closer to the ground which can also look a little dodgy.

QUESTION: Is it illegal to drive in Queensland without shoes?

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Shobbz

QUESTION: Is it illegal to drive in Queensland without shoes?

shobbz
    I think some one posted on teh forum somewhere that it is illegal in qld to drive bare feet and also with thongs.

back to the topic if a cop car sees me even if he is traveling in the opposite direction he will make a u turn and follow me for about 10 min.

and if i do get pulled over it will be for RBT and check licence.

I swear they got nothing better to do.

rek

Number of times randomly pulled over in a Toyota Corona shitbox, in 1 year: zero
    Number of times randomly pulled over in a Honda Prelude, in 1 year: at least 5
    Number of times randomly pulled over in a 306, in 3 years: zero

There has to be something said for white, anonymous-looking "weird underpowered little french hatchback things"

I guess you could say the same for the Corona, but I don't classify that as a car
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

... one the other day at about 10 in the morning pulled me over and decided to do a breathe test me ...at 10 am in the morning ...
    It's pretty normal, why are there booze busses around late mornings, same reason....you've had a big night, went to bed, woke up and you're still over the limit.

I rarely was targetted by the cops in the 405, pulled over twice at station pier when it was silver and the exhaust was about 30mm off the ground, both times was let off.
    Even went through a booze bus the night before a car show, no bumpers on, no number plates, no seat belts, only one seat and the roll cage was rolling around in the back.
    Never pulled over when it was blue, was followed quite a bit but managed to evade them everytime, driving in an area you know with a few other cars helps.

Pulled over once in the 306, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sdabel
    Not sure about pugs but Citroens seem to be invisible to plod.
    Also invisable to the Excel rice brigade who refuse to believe that they could be holding up the Citroen behind them!
    Same here. Mr.Plod has so far, ignored me and my Clio.

I've had a couple of comments from the Excel mafia, along the lines of
    Q: Is that a Toyota Echo?
    Me: F&&kl No! It's a Renault.
    *shakes fist*
    + =

Quote Originally Posted by immy s16
    if a cop car sees me even if he is traveling in the opposite direction he will make a u turn and follow me for about 10 min. and if i do get pulled over it will be for RBT and check licence.
    Spot on. The last one that did this wanted to see if I was Pierce Brosnan (Number plate GO-007). Go figure.

Edit: I was probably doing 95 in a 90 zone - she must have been doing 110 to catch up to me..

-- DJ

I got breath tested last night, copper went around my car twice to check it, and check the rego, and all that, took about 5min, then had to do a breath test. Asked if it was my car and who it was registered under. Then let me go. First time that has happened in Sydney for me.
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

i used to get pulled over quite often when i had a 504 with 604 front end and chevoits on it and to add to it i had 215's on it as well

the car was lowered and it had a mean looking negative camber look and the tyres protuded out past the front of the guards

add to that as well i had a 2" straight through exhaust on it that you could hear coming from quite a distance (which i got pinged for once)

it got to the point that i actually had a scanner in the car as the cars description used to come over it every now and then to which i used to drop into a back street or a mates place and continue on later

the windows were also tinted pretty dark

i was a bit younger then and learnt my lesson on what attracts the blue boys and what doesn't so i did a 504 V6 conversion
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Originally posted by orestes
    .....one the other day at about 10 in the morning pulled me over and decided to do a breathe test me ...at 10 am in the morning..... you would think he was looking at a reason to give me an infringment
    He was...

The 'breath test' start is just that it's the simplest way they can pull you up. They also probably have quotas of random breath tests they have to do, so it makes it easy to kill two birds with one stone.

They get their breath test numbers up. And they don't have to justify their reason for pulling you over.

Happened to me yesterday... because my car was dirty. Just been down a 42km dirt road a couple of days after heavy rain, you can picture what it looked like. Irritatingly, this seems to signal to everyone that the car's a heap of junk... while in fact it's nothing that a wash wouldn't fix!

So they pull you up for a 'random breath test' and while they've got you stopped they look over your licence, tyres, rego label and whatever else suits them.

Without claiming it was initially for the random breath test, they would have had to justify pulling you up.
    Last edited by Ray Bell; 1st August 2004 at 03:22 AM.

Howdy Guys - Generally I've had a pretty good run since owning my clio sport. I've been pulled over once for a speeding ticket - and this was when i'd only just got the car and was working a ridiculous roster at Balmain Tigers (6:00pm - 4:00am). Ya - i didn't stay there too long after that - shitttttsky job and hours.

But i thought i'd copy & paste a message I wrote in december last year about an incident that occured on Christmas Eve....which was a bad experience and very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by MY 4 on XMAS EVE - taken from Oz_Clio_Sport - YahooGroups
    On the subject of double demerits, and the festive season, i was pulled over in a line of cars tonight (Christmas Eve) for a Random Breath Test. Whilst awaiting the car in front to finish with the officer, another officer came up to my car flashing his torch in the direction of my white 17 inch wheels. He had a close look at size, etc & decided to have a go at me.

"There not legal wheels for this car mate..." He says.. "Their much too big for this car..."

I reply, "Ah, no actually they're legal for the car and are the exact same width as the standard wheels."

Then he goes on to say that "a car with 13inch standard wheels cannot go all the way up to 17inch wheels, etc etc.."

So i quickly point out that it comes standard with 15x7inch wheels, and that i know for a fact that the wheels are legal because i have dealt with the RTA on their specifcations and legislations...but nooo, he didn't want to take my word for it..

So i ended up pulling out evidence of the fact that the wheels come with 15's, i.e. showed him the spare wheel in boot, pointed out tyre placard, etc.

He then proceeded to flash his light in my car looking for anything else to pin on me. He had NUTHIN', so he decided to ask me where the 'H-lock' is on the gearstick... He thought there was no markings for the gear positioning... I ended up pointing this out to him also.

He finally decided to back off, but not before accusing me of arguing with an officer. I told him it was not arguing - it was stating the facts, and that he was harrasing me for no reason, making me feel vulnerable.

That was virtually the end of that little waste of my time, and i drove off.

God, what an arsehole, seriously! I mean, it's not as if i am driving around some highly modified rice-bucket, with shit loads of defects.. He just felt like
    giving someone grief - and i wasn't ready to stand for that shit.
    Last edited by MY 4; 1st August 2004 at 08:43 PM.
    ~Dave Power` [MY 4] :

"#PW33RR" --- > "PW33RR" 2009 Mazda6 MXR-CD, 2.2L Turbo Diesel - More torque than the last! Geesssuz[/COLOR] HOT
    "#ZEG01F" --- > 2006 VW Golf 2.0L TDI - The torque machine SOLD
    "MY 4" --------------- > 2002 Monaco Blue RenaultSport Clio MkII SOLD
    "XES11V" ---------- > 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage STOLEN

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    He was...

The 'breath test' start is just that it's the simplest way they can pull you up. They also probably have quotas of random breath tests they have to do, so it makes it easy to kill two birds with one stone.

They get their breath test numbers up. And they don't have to justify their reason for pulling you over.

Happened to me yesterday... because my car was dirty. Just been down a 42km dirt road a couple of days after heavy rain, you can picture what it looked like. Irritatingly, this seems to signal to everyone that the car's a heap of junk... while in fact it's nothing that a wash wouldn't fix!

So they pull you up for a 'random breath test' and while they've got you stopped they look over your licence, tyres, rego label and whatever else suits them.

Without claiming it was initially for the random breath test, they would have had to justify pulling you up.

some cops have nothing better to do then look for another notch on there belt if you know what i meen... theres nothing mechanicaly wrong with my car and nor is there much wrong with the bodywork yet they allways seem to give me wierd looks when i'm driving around... ah well it feels good when you know you've wasted there time and eforts to find something wrong with your car

some cops have nothing better to do then look for another notch on there belt if you know what i meen... theres nothing mechanicaly wrong with my car and nor is there much wrong with the bodywork yet they allways seem to give me wierd looks when i'm driving around... ah well it feels good when you know you've wasted there time and eforts to find something wrong with your car
    don't you know yet why they are giving your car wierd looks? probably the same reason that others are

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus
    don't you know yet why they are giving your car wierd looks? probably the same reason that others are
    yeah you know you're here to stir up the dung pile to

yeah you know you're here to stir up the dung pile to
    well i thought you'd notice my absence, and i didn't want to disappoint

You fly that ugly four door flag dude, and you fly it proud. you've got a right to your opinion, just when it comes time to sell your pride and joy i hope you're not disappointed
    Last edited by ruckus; 2nd August 2004 at 12:06 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

I've been followed by cops 3 times in my 205 GTI. Once when I first had the exhaust changed to the droning piece of $h!+ Magnaflow. Once on Australia day when they gave me a speeding ticket for doing 120km in a 100km zone. I wasn't speeding! I knew they were following me as I passed them and watched them change their direction to follow me. After arguing for 20 mins (during which one cop did a complete torch & mirror search of the underside of my car, checked the rego, tyres, wheels etc.) I got them to produce their vehicle service record which indicated that the speedo hadn't been calabrated for 6 months despite the fact that they stated it gets done every three months.

I really wish that I had disputed this ticket but the fine of $210 was easier to pay then going to court to argue (I had just been to court only 2 months earlier for a motor vehicle claim). Now I want my demirit points back and the speeding infringement cleared from my driving (and insurance) record.

Only two weeks ago I had a cop follow me from a roundabout- where they were heading in the opposite direction- all the way to my home (about 5 kms). They tail-gated me the entire time, no more that 2 metres from my rear bumper, and it was 2am, pissing down with rain, and on a downhill gradient. I was really tempted to stop and wait for them to pass but didn't want them to stop and notice my current lack of dash.
    1991 Peugeot 205 GTi
    1989 Nissan R32 GT-R

Never got pulled up in my PUgs, but we were warned to get the noisy exhaust on the old Nissan van we used to have fixed, and we were warned more recently to get the broken indicator lense on our Ford fixed. They are usually fairly OK here unless you do something to annoy them. They could have booked us for the broken lense but they told us to get it fixed instead.

I have seen heaps of ricers/hotted up Falcodores etc being given thorough goings over though.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information