Today's froggie spotting prize!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Default Today's froggie spotting prize!

Reading today's Courier-Mail, did anyone notice the light green, or possibly light blue Pug 505 wagon in the left hand picture below the picture of the Indooroopilly Bridge?
    Thought of an idea for a little competition to run, by seeing who could spot 'froggie' cars in obscure locations in the media, be it print or otherwise??? Just a little self-indulgence I suppose.
    Nice wagon too, has the Delta mag wheels by the look of the photo.
    Chris.....

Advertisement
    Last edited by HONG KONG PUGGY; 26th July 2004 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Reading today's Courier-Mail, did anyone notice the light green, or possibly light blue Pug 505 wagon in the left hand picture below the picture of the Indooroopilly Bridge?
    Thought of an idea for a little competition to run, by seeing who could spot 'froggie' cars in obscure locations in the media, be it print or otherwise??? Just a little self-indulgence I suppose.
    Nice wagon too, has the Delta mag wheels by the look of the photo.
    Chris.....
    That guy has another 505. He used to have a 504 wagon as well I think.

On a side note. Anyone in the St Lucia/Indooroopilly that was driving a red 206 behind me tonight? White 504?

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Shobbz
    On a side note. Anyone in the St Lucia/Indooroopilly that was driving a red 206 behind me tonight? White 504?

shobbz
    Does it have different colour doors??

Quote Originally Posted by immy s16
    Does it have different colour doors??
    I must admit that I only saw the Left hand door. It looked Red?

I also passed a white 504 On my way from uni tonight? Anyone?

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Fellow Frogger!

talking about pugs today must be one off those days seen about 6 504's 3 where at uni seen about 7 206' 1 607 and about 3 306's.

Must be a froggie day today never seen that many in one day

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

I pass a silver GTi6 on the way to work every morning about 0730 along Heidelberg RD. Anyone here??
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

One black Xsara sedan today, and a Xantia V6 hatch,silver with a lovely exhaust note too btw. Saw a black 307 yesterday.
    Chris....

UFO

There was a slightly battered blue Renault Gordini in the carpark at work yesterday. At a campus as small as Dapto this was remarkable. I didn't have time to stop as I was running late, however I will keep a look out next Tuesday.

Saw a whole heap of various Cits in Five Dock on Monday night. Mind you it was a Citroen Club Meeting
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

for the second time i had a good look at a red 309GTi parked in ANU carpark. it has NSW plates, is an automatic and looks in pretty good nic aside from the glovebox which is falling apart. anyone know whose this is?
    i still can't believe they made an auto GTi....
    michael

Quote Originally Posted by michaelh
    for the second time i had a good look at a red 309GTi parked in ANU carpark. it has NSW plates, is an automatic and looks in pretty good nic aside from the glovebox which is falling apart. anyone know whose this is?
    i still can't believe they made an auto GTi....
    michael
    they made them in 4 doors, autos all sorts of things... hell they even made an automatic 205 GTI for the japanese market

a 309 GTI??!! Holy Smokes Batman, that is sure one rare little car around these parts.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

today i spotted a silver XM heading towards bathurst from orange while i was heading the other way

anyone from here as i waved frantically but didn't get response from the female driving the car nor her passenger
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

today i saw a VERY nice red 205 GTI between marcus beach and peregian ... i was driving past with a friend of mine in there gun metal grey 4 door civic sedan... was anyone driving around there in a red 205 gti this morning at about 11:30 this morning ?
    Last edited by orestes; 1st August 2004 at 09:55 PM.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    today i spotted a silver XM heading towards bathurst from orange while i was heading the other way

anyone from here as i waved frantically but didn't get response from the female driving the car nor her passenger
    Oh THAT person waving!?!?

I probably was reading a Bill Bryson book and Deb would have been cruising along. Roughly where was it when you saw us?

You should have flashed the lights perhaps - Deb (Mrs UFO) would have reacted then.

We had just been to Dubbo for the weekend to do some stuff for the Cit Club.

Thanks for the wave anyway, and well spotted.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    Oh THAT person waving!?!?

I probably was reading a Bill Bryson book and Deb would have been cruising along. Roughly where was it when you saw us?

You should have flashed the lights perhaps - Deb (Mrs UFO) would have reacted then.

We had just been to Dubbo for the weekend to do some stuff for the Cit Club.

Thanks for the wave anyway, and well spotted.

it would have been about 20-25km's from bathurst so pretty close to 1/2 way between the 2 towns

i knew it was you so the bait worked

i had a hatch back full of PRV gear for the 604 that i picked up in cullen bullen earlier that day

you guys were travelling with a few other cars on the road and i was pretty much on the road alone at that point

i saw you coming from a distance and was nearly going to slow down and sticker slap you till i realised who's car it was
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Only done night driving since Friday. Haven't noticed anything particular.
    Hey Shobbz...Has your 504 been parkedd on Boundary Road, Camp Hill this past week at all? Was a white 504 with Delta mags on it not sure if it had the typeR badge though. BTW...the hub-caps look a treat on the wheels now they are painted. Thanks.
    Anyone here own a blue 505 sedan, and live on Aurhtur Tce, Red Hill?...Must say the milo tin exhaust isn't a good look. Like the mags though.

i saw a few pugslies today.... all on interstate plates.... so admit it.... who of you is holidaying in queensland ??..... I was driving this morning at about 11:30 and was passed by what was a very nice looking silver 406.... we were driving in the oposie direction in a white 306 XR.... that was at noosaville near the nursery anyone see us ??... then i bumped into what was looking like a prety ratty blue 504 yet again did anyone see us ??.... also on the way home this afternoon i was standing at the bus stop at hasting street and saw a pretty nice looking light blue 306 XSI... any of you go through noosa today ?? or am i the only one on here that lives or is is on the sunshine coast at the moment

I am finding that I am spotting more Pugs in the southern suburbs of Melbourne than up around the north where I am. Anyone else think this?? Seem to see numerous 205GTis around the Sth Yarra area, seen a nice mid-blue one, a red one, and some 205GTi mongrel with a home done paint job complete with poxy racing stripe.

That being said, spotted a nice 406 wagon in the local Northcote supermarket carpark and a black 206CC.

Someone down my street has just bought a brand new Cit wagon as well. Not familiar with the model names though.

nJm

Well, I see lots of froggies at uni every day. At Monash Uni (Clayton campus in Melbourne) I can usually count at least 7 505's and 5 504's nearly every day. Plenty of 307s, 306s and 206s, a 406 every now and then, and a Renault Megane. Also seen a 2 Citroen BX's in my car park too.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Only done night driving since Friday. Haven't noticed anything particular.
    Hey Shobbz...Has your 504 been parkedd on Boundary Road, Camp Hill this past week at all? Was a white 504 with Delta mags on it not sure if it had the typeR badge though. BTW...the hub-caps look a treat on the wheels now they are painted. Thanks.
    Anyone here own a blue 505 sedan, and live on Aurhtur Tce, Red Hill?...Must say the milo tin exhaust isn't a good look. Like the mags though.
    No mate isn't me. I did see a similar Pug to my own on Coronation Drive this Morning though?

Great to hear that the hubcaps a lookin fine. Got any pics?

Milo Can? This i have to see.

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    Well, I see lots of froggies at uni every day. At Monash Uni (Clayton campus in Melbourne) I can usually count at least 7 505's and 5 504's nearly every day. Plenty of 307s, 306s and 206s, a 406 every now and then, and a Renault Megane. Also seen a 2 Citroen BX's in my car park too.

Aren't old Pugs the vehicle of choice for students?? However, mine wasn't. Think old. Think Japanese. Think Mazda. Think 626.

There are quite a few rusty old 504s around here. I did see a nice 405 Mi16 parked up at westgarth cinema not long ago. Parked our 205 Gti behind it just to complete the look :-)

I know this is off topic, but speaking of outside the Westgarth, every Saturday night there seems to be a blue '67 Camaro parked out the front. Tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobbz
    No mate isn't me. I did see a similar Pug to my own on Coronation Drive this Morning though?

Great to hear that the hubcaps a lookin fine. Got any pics?

Milo Can? This i have to see.

shobbz
    Will geta photo of the car/wheels up soon, have to refit the front air dam yet, recieved the car minus it and it isn't going to be easy to refit.
    By milo-can I just meant one of those large 'rice' rear mufflers, all shiny and sparkling. Since I mentioned the 505 on here it has done a dissapearing act.....does he/she read the forum...

yeah was driving down belmore road (balwyn) last thursday morning and saw a 205gti which resembled bazgti's description of his own car (that extra rubber boot spoiler thing), parked infront of a dental clinic.

carefully placed an AF sticker under the wiper blades.

wonder if it was your ride... bazz?
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

on a note of sports cars I saw a girl driving a gun metal 405 Mi16 looked early 90's and she was rocketing. Goes to Canberra Uni. I've never seen a girl in a 405 let alone an Mi16 and have seen many a mi16.

Not many pugs at UC and most of the people who own them are staff, so it's good to see the superior froggies in student hands!! good choice guys/gals well done.

Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    Yeah heaps of pugs at uni eh nick? have you seen the slightly riced grey s16 with an eccose front grill & i think falken RS semi slicks? seems like the guy has spent a bit on it. That yellow 504 is a very nice example too, but yeah heaps of pugs at monash, the girls whom drive are mad too

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread Information