R19 problem
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: R19 problem

1000+ Posts

Default R19 problem

Hi, my daughter is studying at the gold cost uni for 3 terms. She took the R19 and sure enough the instrument pod went dead (the speedo works).
    We'd appreciate if anybody in the area could direct us to someone with froggy knwoledge. Back home in Melbourne i'd probably fix it quite quickly.
    She told me that the car changes gears (slush box), the heater, windows, A/C wark ok.
    Thank You for any info
    JoBo

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

JoBo,

Given this is a Renault related question, it really should be in the Renault section. This benefits everyone in the future as it makes it easier to search for the thread.

Have you got your daugher to check the fuse box? Is it just the instrument lighting that doesn't work, or is it everything, such as the fuel guage, temperature guage etc?

Derek.

There's a guy called Dave Tranter who has a Euro garage (mainly Pugs & Renos) in a street at Burleigh Heads. I used to work with him when I sold Froggies about 20 odd years ago at which time he was the Service Manager for the local dealer. I think he could be this one.

"Eurotec Auto Services
    16 Kortum Drv Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
    ph: (07) 5535 3871 Motor Engineers & Repairers"

Just be doubly sure and ask if "Dave" is the boss. If it is (which I'm almost certain it is) you can rest assured he's as straight as a gunbarrel and his charges are fair and he'll do the right thing all the time.
    A couple of the guys on here have mentioned in the past they use him and swear by him. (Feel free to get her to mention my name & tell him I'm still trying to get down there too say g'day)

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    There's a guy called Dave Tranter who has a Euro garage (mainly Pugs & Renos) in a street at Burleigh Heads. I used to work with him when I sold Froggies about 20 odd years ago at which time he was the Service Manager for the local dealer. I think he could be this one.

"Eurotec Auto Services
    16 Kortum Drv Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
    ph: (07) 5535 3871 Motor Engineers & Repairers"

Just be doubly sure and ask if "Dave" is the boss. If it is (which I'm almost certain it is) you can rest assured he's as straight as a gunbarrel and his charges are fair and he'll do the right thing all the time.
    A couple of the guys on here have mentioned in the past they use him and swear by him. (Feel free to get her to mention my name & tell him I'm still trying to get down there too say g'day)

Alan S

Sorry Alan but its not Eurotec, Dave Tranter owns and runs
    Transmec Motors
    unit 9, 23 Hillcrest Parade
    Miami QLD 4220
    Ph 07 5572 5288

Craig P
    A Gordini is still a GORDINI!!!

Icon11

I would check the fuses under the bonnet first thing and some i think under the passenger side then if all that failed call david collier in sydney.Colliers automotive granville....
    It should be in the Renault section too....

1000+ Posts

Thanks daniel, it be no problem for me to find the fault, but daughter uses the car in Southport
    JoBo

Thread Information