Where to go to get hard to find Keys Cut in Brissy
  • Register
  • Help

Default Where to go to get hard to find Keys Cut in Brissy

I have an after market lockable fuel cap on the pug.

I only have the one key, and recently having misplaced it, enjoyed putting fuel directly into my fuel tank via boot and getting some odd looks from service station attendents

The key is rather odd, and the groves along they key are on both sides and rather close together.

I cannot find a locksmith in brissy that carries a blank? Several have looked in their books and no substutite can be found. One mob that I saw today is prepared to manufacture a key for me for $20.

I think that this is a little steep so i am asking where do brissy folk go to get their odd shaped keys cut

Have Key will travel

thanks

shobbz

Advertisement
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

IA Reed Locksmith, Fortitude Valley

They should be able to help you - the do safe keys and have a huge number of blanks - give them a call

Tom

i was going to say Reed locksmiths. they are family friends of ours, if they cant source anything knowone can. i think it is on Ann St, just before James St and Brisbane Prestige Cars.

UFO

What about having the lock barrel replaced on the cap? Yeah sure they'd have to smash the lock to get it out, but they may be able to replace the barrel and MAYBE match the barrel to the ignition key?

Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

There''s a locksmith on the road that runs west from the southern end of Lutwyche shopping centre... on this road there is a bunch of shops where the road from (why can't I remember the name of it?) the Woolworths at Chermside ends... that's the road that runs through Grange and Stafford and in which Import Advantage are located.

Around the corner, about six or eight shops towards Lutwyche, the locksmith I'm talking about is to be found. They have stacks of blanks, even the thick and strangely grooved one used in late 504 tailgates.

that road in stafford i webster road, which Ray is talking about. As i work on that road.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    that road in stafford i webster road, which Ray is talking about. As i work on that road.
    Thanks for the help. Will get on the phone and see what I can turn up.

I like the idea of matching the cap to the ignition key but the barell in the cap is half the length of the igntition key?

Will report back on findings.

I was at james street on Friday and webster road saturday morning Should have checked forums earlier.

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Thread Information