Travelling froggers - what have I started?
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Travelling froggers - what have I started?

Just had a phone call from Pug307. In Melbourne this morning there's a bit of an AF meeting it seems, with some long distance travellers!

Advertisement

XTC206 is there with his wife, having travelled all the way from Perth
    SLC206 is there from Sydney - I think - in his GTI180.

Looks like the competition is hotting up this year
    I have to say I'm really happy about the way the social element of this forum is going - it must be a great bunch of people if a decent number of members (including myself) are willing to travel to meet members in other cities

Derek

Yep, game on!

I'm in Adelaide on Tuesday, meet you down there??

Some of the places I end up travelling to a probably a bit obscure, though I was surprised to see HDi 406's getting around!
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles... Radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." - Albert Einstein

Xantia Activa CT - Chock full of upsy-downsy goodness!

Yes Derek, Justin is a tireless AF worker. I thank him for popping in to work to introduce the visiting XTC206 (Guy) from Perth. So thanks for the effort Justin, and nice to meet you Guy.
    I'd just like at this point to send a little thank you to the American military for inventing the Internet. Good idea guys.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Default Swedish frogger visiting Melb

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    I'd just like at this point to send a little thank you to the American military for inventing the Internet. Good idea guys.
    Another Froggy who is travelling a long way is Filldebin who lives in Sweden & is coming to Melb. with his youngest daughter, for Phil's dad's 90th birthday party. He's an old mate & I cant wait to see him again - at least he'll be used to the freezing Melb weather we are having. He presently has a 404.

Warwick - the US military didn't invent the InterNet (its an urban myth) but they did cotton onto it very early.

The US military is very good at destroying things - but they (Navy) did invent COBOL - Ahhh
    So many projects - so little time.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    Yes Derek, Justin is a tireless AF worker. I thank him for popping in to work to introduce the visiting XTC206
    You know he's going to buy a [insert bad V word here] one day, don't you ? I guess it's only a matter of time ... the good ones all go young don't they Good to catch up all the MEL guys ...

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Thanks to XTC/SLC206s for coming - it's great having such interstate support. It's great to see the AF community extending into the real world once again, not just a bunch of anonymous online aliases.

One from Sydney, one from Perth. Takes a little effort for such a drive, but I suspect it was worth it. In the end, we have something like a national 206gti.net conference

Hey, at least I got a damn good drive in the GTi180 too Thanks!

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

604 Tragic.. say what?

The internet sprang from ARPAnet, which definately was created by DARPA - part of the US military.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

Quote Originally Posted by AxGT
    604 Tragic.. say what?

The internet sprang from ARPAnet, which definately was created by DARPA - part of the US military.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

Everyone knows that the aliens created the internet to watch us humans and observe how we spend out time, laugh how we send emails just to annoy others, and watch counters counting the days till twins become legal.

shobbbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Thread Information