Default Live from Brisbane

Well, we have an internet connection here in Brisbane

Advertisement

Just working on the webcam.

Derek and the crew
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Resident Mechanic Grease Monkey's Avatar

No luck with a web cam as yet.
    UQ has a firewall
    People say I monkey around.

1000+ Posts

We wan't the monkey! Bring on the monkey!

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
    No luck with a web cam as yet.
    UQ has a firewall
    You mean you don't have a satellite dish out there !!!! ... you guys are supposed to be geeks .... lets us know when it's ready.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I'm still seeing

"Come back Sunday for Brisbane Webcam"

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Yeah...well you see we couldn't get the Uni connection to allow FTP ports through, therefore unable to upload any pics
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

1000+ Posts

Hello everyone,

Well, I was live in Brisbane today, but the webcam wasn't
    The Uni blocked FTP so we couldn't upload the pictures which sucks! You can't say we didn't try - AXGT is a UQ IT person, so if he couldn't get it to work no one could. We tried connecting via bluetooth and GPRS via my mobile, but that didn't work either Still don't know if that was Telstra or not - it would connect, we could load Google via the mobile, but nothing else was working

Anyway, back to the important stuff. It was a great day! Perfect weather - quite warm actually. I had fun, and it was good to meet everyone (who I hadn't already met yesterday at the pub). Rest assured, the Brisbane bunch of AFers is as nice as the Sydney bunch, the Melbourne bunch and the Perth bunch

I'm off to the airport in a minute...
    Derek

Bon voyage DeKa; I got home at around 7pm...

Top day; great to catch up to the "mob"

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Yea I thought it was a top day.

Couldn't believe the weather.

was excellent.

and thoes CAN CAN Birds
    ...I think there the only reason why I go.

1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Hey Guys,

Great day had by me... saw some new faces and met up with some old friends. Another great day thanks to gerry and derek for trying so hard on that webcam

Cheers nick
    Auckland NZ -
    2000 Peugeot 406 Coupe, Dark Green.
    2001 Renault Clio Sport RS, Silver.

Brisbane Aus -
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi, Light Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno17
    Yea I thought it was a top day.

Couldn't believe the weather.

was excellent.

and thoes CAN CAN Birds
    ...I think there the only reason why I go.

I missed the dancing ladies.

Too tired.

I had a great day though, The judges looked a little concerned re my Type R sticker. hhhehehehhe

Aussie frogs stand was great, the non working web cam was unfortunate though. Damn UQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Shobbz,

I think(?) I saw you today but didn't get a chance to catch up; was that you bemoaning the fact you tried to do an aerosol paint job?? Don't wanna say this but...............................I think I toldja so!!
    "Next time Gadget...next time!!"

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Icon14

Hi all,

Yep have to say, a fantastic day, record turnout for Aussiefrogs. I think we had 14 cars from memory. Many Aussiefrog members with cars in their club stands dropped by to say g'day, thanks guys and gals.

Special thanks to Geoff Webber (QFCD 2004 Committee) University of Queensland (provided us with an excellent site for our stand - power and internet access). AF member Deka for travelling from Sydney for our event, and the time and patience he put into trying to get our webcam running. Alan S and number one son for making the return journey from Hervey Bay (insert big round of applause here) two exceptional BX16valves. Neil and Cal for the use of the gazebos, And of course Gibgib who has brought us all together (also pulling his hair out attempting to get AF live with the web cam). A special mention too, to our partners who may not fully share to the same extent, our appreciation of French cars, Thank you for your indulgence

Our stand was a huge success, from the time we set-up to the time we dropped the AF banner we had people wandering through, a great result for the site.

I didn't get too much time to take pics so only a few to upload. Others will no doubt have more to add. My daughter has some video footage taken using a Zire 72 palm, very low res but certainly gives a feel for the scale and atmosphere of the event (includes the Can Can girls :wink I'll upload and post a link asap.

Once again thanks to all that made it today, cars are one thing but it's the people who attend that make these events. Those that were not able to make this year put it on your calender for 2005 it's going to be huge.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Shobbz,

I think(?) I saw you today but didn't get a chance to catch up; was that you bemoaning the fact you tried to do an aerosol paint job?? Don't wanna say this but...............................I think I toldja so!!
    "Next time Gadget...next time!!"

Alan S
    Alan,

Yes that was me. Blue Polo, Blue Fridge cap wearing chap.

I never miss an oppotunity to have a cry about my dodgy paint job.

I also had the fortune to be next to EMC's (I think that is was his???) car which had a very nice paint job. No one had a accelerator like mine though.

Another car also had the chevoit hub nut covers, Must see if i can get something similar.

I also learnt how to attach the older style hood support.

another interesting day

shobbz.
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

EMC

yep... That was me next to Shobbz... sorry I didnt get to say hello, but I have no idea what you look like
    1979 Peugeot 504 GL

bloody cars mine wouldn't let me make it... wish i could of been there guys... how many of the 4 door 205's came out of the wood works, i'd have loved to see another one of these guys in the flesh. as with regards to mine... don't get me started coz its shocking , just realising now how much the last guy who played with my cars name should be richard cranium ... where do i start ... runing way to rich even pinging, idleing to fast, butterfly on the carb won't shut at all... in fact its stuck open so its sucking air through the carbie spent the day fixing it up instead and yet i still can't work out how in the bloody hell the ****head managed to jam the butterfly open... sorry guys but i didn't want to take it on a 400k round trip with the car in that sort of state but i promise you all i'll make it next year, with the car getting a new lick of paint and probably a new carbie if not injection manifold... that is, if i still own the car the way my mood about it is right now
    Last edited by orestes; 12th July 2004 at 12:16 PM.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa
    We tried connecting via bluetooth and GPRS via my mobile, but that didn't work either Still don't know if that was Telstra or not - it would connect, we could load Google via the mobile, but nothing else was working
    Just thought I'd let you know that the mobile internet connection via my phone and Bluetooth *does* work, cos I've just tried it on my iMac here. That doesn't help us given it didn't work on Sunday, but it does prove it's not a phone configuration problem - who knows if it was Windows or Telstra (most people don't seem to like either of those companies/products but hey...). Pity it didn't work, although gee it would have been slow! Ping times approaching 1 second it appears.

Derek

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa
    Just thought I'd let you know that the mobile internet connection via my phone and Bluetooth *does* work, cos I've just tried it on my iMac here. Derek
    You've laid down the gauntlet now for the other French car days ... or will you guys just be happy with live webcam shots from the "eye in the sky" helicopter covering Rally Oz, might be able to arrange that

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Thread Information