For Sale Thread
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: For Sale Thread

Default For Sale Thread

At $135k he can keep it. My MX5 has the same power to weight ratio as that at for a 10th of the price.

Cal

If the rest of us unwashed scum are not able to opine like this on the For Sale unforum it's not particularly sensible for moderators to do so. Gee if I was the owner of the said spider and read that comment I would be forced to take that comment as a deliberate personal insult have an attack of apoplexy....leading to threatened mass suicides among members of the forum.

Bring back the biff.

Advertisement

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    At $135k he can keep it. My MX5 has the same power to weight ratio as that at for a 10th of the price.

Cal

If the rest of us unwashed scum are not able to opine like this on the For Sale unforum it's not particularly sensible for moderators to do so. Gee if I was the owner of the said spider and read that comment I would be forced to take that comment as a deliberate personal insult have an attack of apoplexy....leading to threatened mass suicides among members of the forum.

Bring back the biff.

True that,
    what a load of sh*t, we cant respond but the mods can & then to "voice their opinion as well", what a load of crap, seriously cal wtf you doing ?

1000+ Posts

I don't agree with what Cal's said either... but I'm not going to touch it - I'll leave that for him to do.

Cal,
    Remember as a Mod you can reply to things even when they're locked Yes, even I did it by accident today in another thread.

Derek

That behaviour from a moderator given the debate that locking the for sale thread caused is totally inappropriate and undermines not only the moderators credibility in general but all those members that supported this initiative in the face of much criticism!

And Deka the other moderators should "touch it" ... who moderates the moderators if you chose to ingore it?

For what it's worth I think Cal should relinquish his moderators privilages
    BX TZI Hatch
    BX TRI Hatch
    GS C-Matic

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Z
    He made a mistake .. give him a good whippin' and I'm sure it won't happen again ... see what happens when you make a bed you have to lie in ??? We are all human (well most of us are)

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

...and he mentioned the M word.

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    ...and he mentioned the M word.
    Pretty rude seeing that this isn't a hairdressers forum

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

I suggest we rename the thread "Whoops"

and Cal................... followed by......... they seem to go a bit strange when they OD on rice...........

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

.........hmmm...its good that the issue was brought up....but no reason to make such a big deal out of it.....SO he stuffed up....BIG DEAL......I for one dont give a toss and to have a member with 77 odd replys make demanding comments like that pi#ses me off more than Cals stuff up......let it go....moderators have made worse mistakes before.....but they sort it out......live and let live.....

cheers

dino

Last edited by dino; 3rd July 2004 at 01:24 AM.

It's fixed..forget it.

1000+ Posts

And Deka the other moderators should "touch it" ... who moderates the moderators if you chose to ingore it?
    Jack,

Given I was just about to go out, I put a post about it in the moderator's section which was the most appropriate thing to do at the time.

It's all sorted now anyway.
    Derek

That behaviour from a moderator given the debate that locking the for sale thread caused is totally inappropriate and undermines not only the moderators credibility in general but all those members that supported this initiative in the face of much criticism!

Jack, moderators are like everyone else and sometimes forget some of the more friendly rules. As for Cal, once you've met him you'll know pretty much anything he says is with jest.

With regard to moderating the moderators....thats why we have Administrators
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

1000+ Posts

It's a shane my five year old can't write properly yet - I'd get him to reply to this thread.

He's a witch...... burn him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Jack, moderators are like everyone else and sometimes forget some of the more friendly rules. As for Cal, once you've met him you'll know pretty much anything he says is with jest.

With regard to moderating the moderators....thats why we have Administrators
    LOL. As a mod for some years elsewhere, admins are best ignored.

As for mods making errors, the rules are:

1/ Mods are always right.
    2/ In case of dispute, see rule 1.

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    He's a witch...... burn him.
    LOL You guys have got to be kidding? The car is not even advertised by an Aussiefrogs member. A witch hunt indeed. If I am supposed to apologise I will, but I think a few people need to get a life. Would it make you happy if I stand down as a mod? I will do so if more than 50% of the forum says it would be the right thing to do. So show your hands if you want me out of here. Thank you to those who defended me. Dino, you are last person I would have expected to go into bat for me, thank you.

Cheers,

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

O.K. I'll not only go into bat for the "Big C" but in the process I'll explain to other members how this can happen quite unintentionally.
    There are things on this board that the average member can't see. For instance, below the Toad Pond there are two more forums one where we can discuss between Mods and Admins any problems on the board such as a Mod putting his foot in it (hey Cal?) The other is where we can dump objectionable/defamatory/abusive posts. We can see them, anybody else can't. Also as Mods and Admins, there are features such as the automatic locking of For Sale posts which are done for a very genuine reason and which has proven to be an extremely successful move speaking to some of the posters. However, the locking symbol on these posts can't be seen by any of the Mods and Admins, so if there's a bit of a lapse in concentration, it is easy to think nothing of doing a post on there as we do on any other forum as does any other member. We don't have to "Unlock" or "Lock" on completion and I have no doubt that Cal got caught nicely in that trap.
    I will admit, I have been caught too but woke up immediately as to what I had done & deleted the post before anyone else saw it.
    Easy done; no doubts, he'll get a good spanking before the weekend's out for being naughty!!

That's the honest explanation; simple mistake, easily made.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thread Information