Megane Sport looks good
  • Register
  • Help

Default Megane Sport looks good

In this months Max Power mag. 225 BHP turbo.
    Still as ugly, but I really like the look of it. Anyone know if its coming here? It's 20000 GB pounds. What does that equate to in, say the local Alfa range. I know how to convert currency, but what Euro car costs 20000 there, and what does it end up costing here.

Advertisement

it is coming here. from what i heard the end of the year.

nJm

I would expect around the $40-45k mark, depending on exchange rate fluctuations. It will get lower once we lose 5% off the tariffs on cars.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

maybe this message should be in the Renault section....

Icon14

Hi All!

I saw one in Frnace when i was there and took some pictures of it. I'll give them to Deka to post because i don't have any web space to post them, but it looks great in black, and is much sexier in the flesh than i expected! There are a heap of Meganes in general around europe, i was quiet surprised to see so many, but they seem to be extreamly popular, and when you consider all of the renaults now on the market there have the "Megane" butt, they are very noticable as a manufacturer, was pretty cool!

And their central show room was cool as well, as it had a bar and resteraunt upstairs, and you could jump into the cars, had some nice multimedia stuff happening, and even had one of their F1 cars on display, which Trulli won a race the next weekend, so that was kind of cool!

Anyway, i tried to talk my Fiancee into letting us get one when we get a new car, but she thinks they are ugly, so i'm going to try subliminal messages while she is asleep

Benny
    206 1.6 XT Auto China Blue in the house.

Hopefully soon to be C3...or C2.....owner.....maybe.....one day....I hope!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    In this months Max Power mag. 225 BHP turbo.
    Still as ugly, but I really like the look of it. Anyone know if its coming here? It's 20000 GB pounds. What does that equate to in, say the local Alfa range. I know how to convert currency, but what Euro car costs 20000 there, and what does it end up costing here.
    Whaddya doing reading Max Power Warwick? Looking for places to buy those 20" chrome mags and green neons for your Z4? Or just a spot of english bird watching .

Back on the topic, i think the look of the megane has sorta grown on me. almost.
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

[QUOTE=lucin]Whaddya doing reading Max Power Warwick? Looking for places to buy those 20" chrome mags and green neons for your Z4? Or just a spot of english bird watching .

QUOTE]

Warwick, what the hell are you doing reading max power mags. Faaaaaaaarrrk talk about mif life crisis, do you hide these mags under ya bed so my wife can't find em too. Warwick you are the coolest 65 year old i know man .

btw i want my debbie does dallas video, my tazo's & my yoyo's back

o yeah the megane is good & stuff
    Last edited by purrr-geot; 21st June 2004 at 07:36 PM.

I love MaxPower, although it's gotten a bit nothing of late.
    My wife makes me go to Borders with her every now and then. You can take mags to read into the coffee shop at Borders.
    She takes Current affairs and topical mags in to broaden her general knowledge, and I take titty/car magazines in. Shows where my head is at.
    I do get bored by 'Supercar shootout', and 'Bitsumishi BLOWS it', and articles about how magnificent a cars handling is at the limit(and how ever-so-gentle flicks of the wrist are enough to bring the cars line back straight), and how oversteer can turn to gentle understeer by just rubbing the front of your pants.
    No! I wanna read stupid stuff about the Strathclyde cruise, and 21" mags on a 206, and how 18 year old Emily from Birkenhead would rather gargle than sp*t or sw*llow.
    I get to talk serious car talk all the time, and I enjoy a bit of light relief.
    By the way it was my 59th birthday during last week Asanka!
    Last edited by Warwick; 22nd June 2004 at 01:09 PM.

I love borders, its the best shop with great mags & the leather whips....sorry seats are great.

I love max power, so much delightful rice it makes a chinese restaurant look bland.

As for 18 year old emily she didn't swallow or spit dam twat', "i dudn't fink she was fit eifer, eferweone knowzz im de biggest geezzer in Birkenhead "

Thread Information