2019 Citroen and Peugeot most recalled cars except for.....
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By UFO
  • 1 Post By REN TIN TIN

Thread: 2019 Citroen and Peugeot most recalled cars except for.....

Default 2019 Citroen and Peugeot most recalled cars except for.....

What a shocking year for these two French makes
    A medal that should not be worn proudly

2019 Citroen and Peugeot most recalled cars except for.....-merc.png

Only beaten by...

Wait for it....

Mercedes Benz no less

https://car-recalls.eu/2019-most-recall-car-europe/

Advertisement

UFO

But a recall can be as simple as installing a slightly longer electrical harness section, or a revised windscreen trim clip set as happened with early C5 X7s. It was not a "car must be taken off the road immediately" situation.

Better that they address these things immediately rather than say 10 years time when the airbags suddenly start self-detonating ala Takata. Do you realise that many cars affected by that situation are now being bought back and completely scrapped?
    505604 likes this.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

That's that weird mindset again: apparently if your car is not recalled, it must be good - when the reality is certain manufacturers will sweep everything under the carpet to make sure their cars appeal to that mindset.

Oh well.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

1000+ Posts

Nothing to see. It is just the Takata drama. Cits were fixed very promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    That's that weird mindset again: apparently if your car is not recalled, it must be good - when the reality is certain manufacturers will sweep everything under the carpet to make sure their cars appeal to that mindset.

Oh well.
    That's rather a strange statement. In the manufacturing industries with which I have been involved (Aviation, Automotive and Marine) the main principle was to "Build it Right". That meant that the research and development phase was expected to be completed prior to the product's first release to the public, not afterwards.......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

The world of damned if you do, and potential to be worse if you don't, sometimes car manufacturers like to maintain the spin that their product never fails. Volkswagon successfully did this for years creating an aura that their cars had no problems, but eventually the truth leaks out. With the public recall process, it is a matter of being up front and responding to what is being detected by owners who report fauilts to service agents and then responding to the possibilities of parts failing in service with potential fatal risks for owners.

I think I know which process I prefer, upfront and honest if there is such a thing.

Ken.

Hang on, a recall is only initiated if there is a safety risk so rattly trim or a split seam on a seat (or slightly longer electrical harness section or revised windscreen trim clip set), regardless of how annoying they might be, might not result in a recall.
    Okay, the short wiring harness could be making the harness rub on metal sections resulting in a short so could be a safety issue.

If it's a minor problem (i.e. not safety related), then these are 'campaigns' or 'service bulletins' and the car companies undertake these as the cars a brought in for routine services. A recall doesn't have to be expensive to fix (i.e. could be a 20 cent hose clamp on a fuel pipe or a harness extension) but it does have to be safety related, mandatory, fixed as a priority, and have no expiry period.

So a high recall count is not something one should brush-off as immaterial.
    Last edited by REN TIN TIN; 10th February 2020 at 07:58 AM.
    driven likes this.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

1000+ Posts

I have had a couple, for the Takata problem. The airbags were replaced very promptly. This group of recalls isn't typical for any manufacturer.

Thread Information