Ghosn escapes! - Page 4
  • Help
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Ghosn escapes!

Fellow Frogger!

Renault and Nissan look headed for a split https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...t-report-77623

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

International chess game - whose move next...
    Dano likes this.

dvr
    Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by turnbull151 View Post
    Renault and Nissan look headed for a split https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...t-report-77623
    That article also says Nissan is upset with Renault because they (Renault) have declined to charge Ghosn with any misconduct.

Fellow Frogger!

Such a bizarre story from start to (eventual) finish.
    How long till the movie comes out? The dramatic escape almost guarantees it. Starring Rowan Atkinson as Ghosn, and Meaghan Markle as his wife.

It is indeed a very strange story. Ultimately we'll find out what happened but it may take a while. For now, I learned that Japan is a lot more different than the rest of the world than I thought, even though I knew it was very different. And I think mainly about the way these companies we so much admire are tied to the Japanese economy. Who knows? Maybe it's all for the interest of Japan, maybe they just want to protect whatever, workplaces, industries, who knows? One thing I noticed over there is they are not very globalised and now I think they don't really want to be, apart from exporting stuff, which is something they are very good at. Maybe they didn't like this foreigner trying to tell them that it is cheaper to buy nuts and bolts from China, and it's the same quality so why should they pay a premium price for something made in Japan, or maybe he wanted to move production offshore or whatnot and then the Japanese thought they won't have that, let's get rid of this guy.

Either way, I would have done a runner too, seeing the way the Japanese justice system operates.

And I understand why Renault/France might not have wanted to indict him. And why the Japanese didn't like that. This way they are sort of left alone, their accusations seem unsupported by other justice systems, which undermines their credibility even further, something they most likely don't appreciate. "Yeah, maybe he did something wrong, but you haven't really convinced us and you haven't made public what you've got on him so we decline to comment" sort of thing. The Japanese legal system will struggle to convince the west and one of the consequences I foresee is that no westerner will decide easily to work there. Moreover, I don't see many companies looking forward to work with them, which kinda leaves them alone. In a global economy, that can't be a good thing. Next time Nissan comes to the brink, I don't think anyone will rush to the rescue or they'll impose such conditions, the Japanese will probably have to give the company away to convince anyone to help.

Well, it was interesting.
    JohnW, Ceenine and jaahn like this.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Renault-Nissan shares drop 40% since Ghosn's arrest.
    Some of this is likely due to other market forces but the alliance is underperforming the market generally.
    The Ghosn factor is sure to be responsible for some of the slide.
    The loss is share value makes the few billion yen the Ghosn allegedly did not declare look like peanuts.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ghosn escapes!-renault.png  
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Bit of a case of "be careful what you wish for" eh...
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current - 1974 D Special
    : 1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread Information