Editing post sometimes hard :(.
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By COL

Thread: Editing post sometimes hard :(.

1000+ Posts

Default Editing post sometimes hard :(.

Hi
    I usually look at my posts and go back and edit it a bit. (hint some others should do that too !) But sometimes, like now it just will not give me the post back. Either it is blank, not what I want, or in some bloody format with the machine language stuff, or just crap.
    Just saying. There only appears to be a small number using it just now.
    Jaahn

Advertisement

COL

I don't have any problems editing my posts.

I get the double post sometimes and it takes a few goes to get rid of the 2nd unwanted post.
    Kenfuego likes this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

1000+ Posts

It depends on your javascript type and version, and the browser using it.

I use Vivaldi, and editing successfully is near impossible. On the other hand, Firefox is perfectly happy.

If you can run a console on javascript you'll see the problems as they happen. The result is that HTML code is being displayed, particular tags for paragraph and various punctuation marks.

A related problem is the ignoring of line feeds.

PS This post had the line feeds removed (Vivaldi). I edited with FF.

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Living up to quirky french car ownership!

Jaahn
    Yes, sometimes above the line contains the text, but the lower pane is blank, the laborious method is create a quote and copy and paste into the quote to create the desired final post, but has to be done in separate steps if you are making a reply and quoting the original, you then need to copy your own text and amend it, then again after all that, you often get the dreaded resources exceeded notification when try to post the amended text. Quite often that is when duplication happens. Its like a French car you just have to get used to the quirky and enjoy the day to day pride.

Always pays to do a select and copy, before attempting to post, just in case for some reason you lose the original text.!!

Ken

1000+ Posts

Ken which browser/javascript are you using? I have found the quote problem only when using V8 from Google (Chrome family).

The forum source may need a little tweaking to avoid this on all common systems.

1000+ Posts

Icon10 [email protected]@dy computers ! I gave up...

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Ken which browser/javascript are you using? I have found the quote problem only when using V8 from Google (Chrome family).

The forum source may need a little tweaking to avoid this on all common systems.
    To be honest Seasink, I'm not sure at the moment as I operate across three different computers with slightly differing combinations of browsers. On this one, Edge? Nor Google, each wants to be pre-eminent but I don't fully allow it (still deciding) - reluctant to try new stuff lately, as most seems to want permissions to share on other platforms and make critical decision making (i.e. for them?) I like to be calm on the surface even if this little ducks feet are paddling like mad under the surface..

Used to be in control, now a lazy computer dummy with so many other absorbing things to explore. I don't have much time to bother with computers, apps, and other software experimentation, just want it to work for me.

Still following Skipton Bobs re-educational programming...

Ken

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day,

only scary bit about editing is watching the thing think about it and wondering whether or not it's all gonna disappear into the ether....

FF 71.0 on mint, of course. Java ? which one, package manager gives a number to pick from...

cheers,
    Bob

Thread Information