Aussiefrogger spotting!
  • Register
  • Help

Default Aussiefrogger spotting!

Hmmm, I don't log into to the forum for a month, then I spot TWO Aussiefrogs stickers on cars in random sightings within a week of each other, so I thought it had to be a sign that I'd been away too long.

SPOTTED: White 504 in Nunawading turning onto Burwood Hwy from Rooks Rd early evening around two weeks ago. I was sitting next to you at the lights but you didn't turn to look at me - I should have honked...

Advertisement

SPOTTED: Fuego parked at Greensborough Shell servo in the morning one day last week. Possibly the guy working at the counter?

Anybody from on here?

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

rek

Now that you mention it, I spotted Paul's red Mi16x4 on Eastern Freeway just earlier this afternoon.

I don't know if it had an AF sticker on it, but it's pretty recognisable either way
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

1000+ Posts

I saw a 306 S16 the other day - with 2 Aussiefrogs stickers on it. I just *had* to stop (it'd pulled over and parked) so I stopped and walked up to the driver's side - the driver wound down the window and I introduced myself while I was standing next to his car.

Then the front seat passenger leant over and says 'hello Derek' - it turns out I knew the bloke's girlfriend and have done for about 12 years. What a small Aussiefroggy world.

Derek

For some reason, I always seem to bump into Asanka and spot Reggie driving somewhere in the city.

Otherwise, I've only spotted Peter & Bernie once or twice outside AF meets.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

yeah i only see Justin, i have seen richards 505 though parked at a station on the glen waverly line too though

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    yeah i only see Justin, i have seen richards 505 though parked at a station on the glen waverly line too though
    You sure?

Richard would be really going out of his way to park on that line!

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

nJm

That's Jason's car (Pug505Exec). He hasn't been on AF for a while though.

I've seen Asanka's 306 at uni a few times. I must admit I've been tempted to rip off the stickytape carbon fiber, but thought I had better not.

I think the problem is AF stickers are too small. We need big banners that go across the whole width of the windscreen!
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Nup, not my 505, I'm nowhere near the Glen Waverley line during the day. You can pick my 505 by its smashed panels which aren't very hard to miss .

Speaking of 505s, I saw an absolutely immaculate 505 Executive parked on Yarra Blvd a few weeks ago. Oh, to be able to afford to fix everything...

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

nJm

I've seen a few perfect Execs around. If money were no object it would be nice to restore one, although I think I'd prefer to use a later model V6. They are a bit more modern and even have ABS etc. I've always wanted a 505 with cream leather seats
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

where abouts do you see my car nick, i park all over monash, whenever im at clayton. Don't worry i've taken the carbon fibre off .

btw Justin are you still selling your parking permit??

Thread Information