86 Peugeot 505 GTI Air Con Climate control
  • Register
  • Help

Default 86 Peugeot 505 GTI Air Con Climate control

Hi, Kooti here

Is anybody out there able to give me some information on Climate Control for an 1985 GTI 505. The complete dash has been removed :Horrible Job by the way:

Information I am looking for is the following.

1. I have only been able to find one wire going to the climate control box behind the dash. Is anybody able to tell me if this this correct? if it is how does it control the temperature?
    2. When air conditioning is running and cycling on and off should the condenser fan cut in and out with the compressor?
    3. Is the fan on the condenser a 2 speed fan or only single speed?

Advertisement

Hope somebody is able to help

Thanks Kooti

Default 505 ac The Strong Drum

Hi Kooti we meet again,that is if the controller doesnt time me out -a regular occurrence, I usually give up.
    I had a near tradgety in that a HDD with all my files disappeared during a clean up .However today we found it-your lucky day as 505 info is becoming gold!
    I have managed to email the info {factory} btw to myself to see if Yahoo would swallow 3.4 mb of info --it did.
    I would like this info circulated so could someone give me a address to go--preferably AF.
    There was talk of a 505 site where all the knowledge could be accumulated I have quite a lot of dredged in my files which I'd gladly share baz

Quote Originally Posted by Kooti View Post
    Hi, Kooti here

Is anybody out there able to give me some information on Climate Control for an 1985 GTI 505. The complete dash has been removed :Horrible Job by the way:

1. I have only been able to find one wire going to the climate control box behind the dash. Is anybody able to tell me if this this correct? if it is how does it control the temperature?
    2. When air conditioning is running and cycling on and off should the condenser fan cut in and out with the compressor?

Thanks Kooti

Just reread my post,-as usual I put a lot of mumbo jumbo--- in effect I have over 33 Mb of pug stuff,of which 3.4 mb is factory manual on S2 airconditioning for Kooti-or anyone.I just need to redirect the email to where ever somebody tells me the email address preferably to AF for future reference baz

con
    Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kooti View Post
    Hi, Kooti here

Thanks Kooti

I will send you the Factory Manual via PM as it is about 4Mbytes.

con...

WLB

Is this of any help?
    The whole pdf file is about 3.5MB and 33 pages.
    505 S2 climate control.pdf

Hi Con
    Thanks but when i went to open it I only received 1st page. I will try sending my email address in a private message

Cheers Kooti

To Con and Baz

Morning Gentlemen and all others who have sent me info.

Thanks for all your information, it's very much appreciated.
    To give a bit of background the 505 we are working on. The vehicle belongs to a friend of mine; between us the vehicle has now been completely dismantled. Well that's not completely true; it still has the rear and front end attached. We found removing the dash was the biggest challenge "Wiring Nightmare" hence the need for information about the climate control.

Rebuilding will be a challenge, finding the right plastic clips for door and dash fittings, Chrome windscreen Mylar inserts, door rubbers and other fittings will be interesting to say the least. Australian sun and extreme heat take its toll on plastic fittings on a 32 year old French vehicle.
    My friend has several 505's on his property, however only two are GTi's, so some parts we have. Engine replacement gaskets kits are another difficult item to obtain.
    Internet has been a great asset in finding parts, even purchased engine parts in Belarus near Russia.

As I have said the previously the 505 GTI we are currently working on belongs to a friend, I Personally I have a 1984 505 executive which is another interesting vehicle to find accurate information on

I apologise if this email is a long winded, however thought it would be good to give some you both some background and once again say how much your help is appreciated.
    Will post updates on rebuild of 505.

Regards James
    Last edited by Kooti; Yesterday at 08:13 AM. Reason: Needed to add more info

Thread Information